Chapter 12

My Lotus Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After leaving the café we went to an amusement park that the guys had been dying to go since they heard of its opening. Today was the last day of the amusement park’s deal offer day. Two tickets for half the price. The guys were ecstatic at the fact they didn’t have to pay a single ticket that would cost more than the deal had provided. I eyed them carefully.

“Is this the real reason I was invited?” I asked each of them carefully as they looked at me for a while before breaking into grins.

“Was it that obvious?” JB asked as I stared at them in disbelief. Did they really use me to get cheaper tickets? Noticing my change of expression BamBam quickly replied.

“No. We really did want to spend a day with you … and your sister.” BamBam finished as the other guys nodded in my direction. I raised an eyebrow confused by their words.

“You wanted to meet my sister?” I asked them confused. They all nodded but Yugyeom was the one to speak.

“We wanted to meet your sister. You always talk about her and it makes us curious to actually meet her.” Yugyeom honestly stated. I looked at the other members who seemed to nod to his statement.

“If that’s the case. Hold on.” I said as I took out my phone. The guys looked at me curiously as I dialed Christine’s number.

“Hello?” Christine’s voice was heard barely over music and talking. I frowned slightly at my phone.

“You said you had to go work not go to a party.” I said to Christine with a disapproving tone. Christine laughed from the other line before speaking.

“This would technically be considered more of a club than a party.” Christine laughed at her wise comment but I could only frown more.

“You’re in a club!” I shouted at her in disbelief. Christine burst out laughing even more as I stood there frowning. When I get home you’re so dead Christine.

“Laide, who goes clubbing so early?” Christine tried to reason but I wouldn’t take it.

“You clearly said you were in a club.” I pointed out to her with a stern voice. How could she go clubbing this early in the morning? Sure it was 3pm now but still.

“I said this place could be a club. I didn’t say it was a club.” Christine tried to reason once more as I rolled my eyes.

“Same thing.” I notified her. Christine huffed in despair as she finally realized her sister never told her the reason for her call.

“That reminds me. Why did you call?” Christine asked me as I realized I never told her why I had called.

“Oh. The boys wanted to go to an amusement park since there’s a deal for half price tickets if you buy two. They really want to meet you. Are you done there?” I asked her.

“An amusement park!? That seems like fun! I’m almost done here …. Wait. How many members are in that group?” Christine suddenly asked me and I frowned slightly. I looked at the guys who were all staring at me intensively.

“Seven. Including me eight.” I told her not sure why she was asking that question.

“I knew it. Look Laide. Tell the guys I appreciate the invitation and everything but I can’t go.” I frowned at her words.

“What do you mean you can’t come? You just said-” I said before Christine cut me off.

“Laide the deal is for two tickets. If I tag along there will be someone who has to pay on their own because there is an odd number. I’m perfectly fine paying for my own ticket, but can you honestly guarantee me that none of those guys would be willing to pay his own ticket just so I wouldn’t?” Christine asked me which made me turn to the guys once again. They all had small frowns on their faces and I knew then that Christine was right. I sighed deeply.

“No.” I said softly. I hadn’t even thought about us being odd numbered if Christine tagged along. Of course Christine would know. She hates being a burden and burdening others. That’s why she asked.

“If my group is up for it we’ll meet you there. If not I’ll see you at home okay?” She said and all I could do was hum a response. I hung up and faced the guys.

“She can’t make it.” I said as all their faces fell except for Junior who stormed off. JB followed after him and soon everyone else did too. Mark and Jackson stayed behind and I sighed deeply.

“Let’s go, teacher.” Mark said and I looked at him before nodding.

 

“I need all of you to get into pairs before I allow you all in.” The ticket salesman said to us and all the boys looked around. JB and Junior instinctively stood beside each other and so did Yugyeom and Youngjae. All that was left was me, Jackson, Mark and BamBam.

“I call teacher!” BamBam cheered as he made his way towards me but JB’s words stopped him.

“BamBam you go crazy and always wonder off. You’d be too much to handle for her. Pick someone else.” JB stated as BamBam slump his shoulders upset. I pitied the poor boy and as much as I wanted to tell JB it was fine, it did worry me. What if he did wonder off and got lost? I would be the one to blame.

“In that case! I call Mark!” BamBam went to Mark’s side as he looked at Jackson. “Jackson goes on too many rides especially the scary ones.” BamBam shuddered at the thought before looking at me apologetic. “Sorry teacher.” He apologized and I shook my head while smiling. We walked up to the man as he stamped our back hands. We all stood there confused for a minute.

“Each stamp has a unique character to it. The only way for the character to appear is if you are near the person you paired up with. We get a lot of scammers who come in for the deals so we have people who will be checking inside. I advise you to stay close to the person you paired up with. You don’t have to be together all the time but when a person comes by to check you, you must know where your person is. If your person doesn’t appear you will be forbidden to enter again and be forced to pay the ticket admission.” The salesman said as we all gulped. That sounds easier said than done. We all nodded and walked inside. Immediately JB turned to us.

“We can all be together even if we don’t ride the rides, but you can’t wonder off.” JB stopped to look at BamBam who simply looked down. “If you want to do something else take your partner got it?” He asked and we all nodded. “Okay. Then let’s go have fun!” He cheered like an excited kid. I laughed and watched them all leave. Jackson stood by my side strangely quiet. I looked at him and he said nothing as he stared at me. I smiled awkwardly as I walked to catch up with the guys.

 

“Mark let’s go eat!” BamBam said as he eyed the food court ahead of us. Mark simply nodded as they left the group to go eat.

“Should we go on that ride?” Yugyeom asked Youngjae as he looked at the ride before nodding. They soon left the group too. JB and Junior were talking the whole time about the order in which they would go on rides.

“We’re going on that ride. Do you guys want to come?” Junior asked us as I looked at the ride he had mentioned. It was a high ride that requ

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter