Chapter 9

My Lotus Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Teacher?” I looked up and saw before my desk. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Jackson.

“Jackson, what are you doing here?” I asked him and Jackson looked at me confused.

“Teacher. We’re in the middle of class.” He said which made me look around the room. When did I get here? Jackson looked at me again but this time he seemed worried.

“Teacher are you okay? Are you sick?” He asked and I shook my head slowly as I frowned slightly. I looked down at my open book and sat up straight.

“Where were we?” I asked as I looked over the book scanning the words trying to find anything familiar. I held the book near my face as I scanned it once more. Jackson slowly lowered the book and looked at me.

“Maybe we should take a break.” He suggested and I smiled weakly at him. I nodded but Jackson remained in his spot. I looked at him confused as he continued to stare at me.

“Jackson?” I called out to him. Jackson continued looking at me and for some strange reason I couldn’t find myself the energy to look away. We locked eyes for a while before a voice broke our trance.

“Teacher we-” I pulled away from Jackson’s gaze as I looked at the person at the door. Yugyeom was staring at us as he saw our positions. I noticed Jackson’s paper in his hands and remembered what we were doing.

“Jackson I’ll take a look at your answers to see how much you understand. You can take a break. It’s almost time for vocal practice. Yugyeom it’s your turn today isn’t it?” I said as I avoided Jackson’s gaze and smiled at Yugyeom. The younger boy looked baffled but nodded none the less. I nodded as I closed my open book and was sorting out other papers. I purposely avoided looking up to not see Jackson’s expression. He simply left his paper and bowed.

“I’ll be leaving now teacher.” He said softly as I simply nodded. I grabbed his paper and looked at it. As soon as they both left I leaned against my chair. What just happened? Why was I suddenly so nervous? Ahh! What is wrong with you, Adelaide!? Suddenly my phone rang and I answered it.

“Christine.” I said as I heard her bright laugh which made me smile.

“I’m sorry, Laide. The maknae was doing some strange dance and all the other members followed his lead.” Christine explained as I nodded at her explanation.

“When am I ever going to meet these so called members and maknae of yours, Chris?” I asked as Christine laughed once more.

“They will be having a comeback soon so they’ll be busy for quite some time.” Christine explained to me as I sighed. I nodded at her comment before I realized something.

“My boys will making their debut soon too.” I said realizing later of my actual choice in words. My boys? Seriously Laide can you embarrass yourself any more than you’ve already had? I groaned at my mistake and I could hear Christine laugh on the other end.

“I’m happy your boys are going to debut soon and all their hard work can be showed to everyone.” Christine giggled as she emphasized the words your boys. I only groaned once more before smiling. It was good to see Christine teasing me again. It showed that Christine was getting better. Her voice was slowly becoming less and less groggy.

“Where are they doing their debut stage?” Christine suddenly asked which made me snap out of my thoughts.

“MCountdown? Whatever that is.” I said and Christine laughed once again. Why was she giddy today? She was laughing a lot more than usual. Well actually Christine was always a very bubbly person compared to me.

“MCountdown? My group is also having their comeback stage there. What day?” Christine asked overly excited. There was no stopping her at this point.

“I’m not sure. We only have a month left till the big day.” I replied as Christine sighed deeply. Then I remembered about Jackson’s paper and set my phone down. I put the call on speaker while I graded Jackson’s paper.

“Well find out the date. If they are performing on the same day then you can meet my group and I can meet your boys.” Christine giggled as she once again put too much emphasis on your boys.

“Christine I-” I was about to say something when someone’s voice interrupted me.

“Teacher we are ready.” I looked up at BamBam who stood by the doorway looking at me. I simply nodded before turning to my cell phone again.

“Christine I have to go and help the boys with their vocal practice. When will you be done?” I asked her before she hung up on me.

“It’s hard to say. The guys are doing some solo activities and I promised to help them. I might be a little late.” She responded feeling guilty from being late. I smiled at her response and nodded.

“Don’t worry. You take your time and teach them so when I meet them I can see all the hard work you’ve been putting into their music.” I responded as I could hear Christine’s laughter once more.

“Don’t worry when you meet them you’ll be able to see all their hard work.” She said as she laughed once again. I smiled at her comment and nodded.

“I have to go now. I’ll see you soon, Chris.” I said toward my cell phone as I heard mumbling from the other line.

“I’ll be there soon, Laide. Teach them well not the way you’ve taught me.” Christine teased me once more as I rolled my eyes at her comment. She hung up just as I was about to retaliate back against her. I sighed as I looked up and saw BamBam still standing by the doorway. I packed everything and got up.

“I didn’t know you were still waiting for me out here.” I said to BamBam as we left the room. BamBam looked at me and smiled. He nodded towards me as he walked beside me. For someone who was younger than me he was a lot taller than I was.

“Was that your sister?” BamBam suddenly asked me as I looked at him surprised. I nodded towards him as he looked at me. “Noona has a pretty voice and laugh.” He suddenly asked me which caused me to stop walking and look at him suspiciously.

“Noona?” I asked him curiously as BamBam stopped walking as well. He looked at me and rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

“Yeah. She’s your sister so I’m sure she must be older than me right?” BamBam stated which made me laugh. BamBam looked at me as if I was strange.

“BamBam. She’s my sister but not my older sister. She’s my younger sister and I think you’re both the same age or maybe you’re older than her if nothing else.” I said in between laughs as BamBam looked at me surprised.

“Really? What year was she born, teacher?” He asked me while we walked into the practice room.

“She was born in 1997. The same year as you and Yugyeom right?” I said as we walked toward the other guys who were now staring at us confused.

“Who was born the same year as BamBam hyung and I, teacher?” I looked up at Yugyeom and smiled.

“My younger sister. She was born the same year as you both.” I said which gained everyone’s attention towards me. They all turned to look at us as we sat down on the floor.

“What month was she born in? I was born on May and Yugyeom was born in November.” BamBam said which caught my attention now.

“That makes BamBam older than my sister by 5 months but older than Yugyeom by one month.” I said as everyone looked at me. BamBam and Yugyeom thought about this for a while before speaking.

“October?” They both said together as I nodded. Their faces lite up as they looked at me.

“Really? Teacher when can we meet her?” They asked and I smiled at their enthusiasm. I looked at the boys who all seemed eager to know my answer.

“Actually. I was on the phone with her a while ago and we agreed for her to meet you guys. That way you can all meet and also so I can meet the group she’s helping.” I said as I smiled, but it soon faded when I saw their expression. They looked me surprised and nervous. “What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Teacher. I heard your sister say she was going to come later, but look at us. We have been practicing since we got here and we’re all sweaty. How are we supposed to meet your sister while we’re looking like this?” BamBam suddenly asked me while everyone else nodded. I looked at all of them before laughing. They all looked at me as if I was crazy which made me laugh even more.

“She’s not coming by today. Her group is very busy with their comeback and solo activities. We were talking and she said they would have their comeback stage the same place as your debut stage.” I said as I laughed once more. The guys looked embarrassed but simply nodded.

“Were you all really worried about meeting my sister after practicing?” I asked unable to believe that they worried about something so silly.

“Teacher, how are we supposed to make a good impression on your sister if we look like this?” Youngjae said which took me by surprise even more.

“Why would you want to make a good impression on my sister?” I asked a bit surprised when I saw everyone nod at Youngjae’s comment.

“Because she’s your sister.” Youngjae plainly stated as I still looked at them confused. Mark looked at me before speaking.

“Korea is different from America. When

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter