Chapter 5

My Lotus Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Let's say I end up teaching them English and you guys meet again. What would you do then?" Christine turned away from the movie and sighed for the hundredth time since the movie's started.

"Adelaide. Can we please just watch the movie? From the moment the movie has started you've been asking these types of questions. If you're not going to watch the movie then there's no point in watching it if you won't let me watch either." Christine responded as she turned off the movie and faced me. I smiled sheepishly as I looked at my sister.

"I'm just curious as to why it's so complicated for you. In the past this situation would've been settled already." I protested. Christine sighed as she looked at me.

"In the past I had you, Julie and Mary to help me settle these types of situations. Remember it was Mary's plan for me and Gabe to make up. You and Julie made sure I was alone that day too." Christine explained as I once again smiled sheepishly. 

"You're right. But aren't you-" Christine stood up from her spot and faced me which took me by surprise.

"That won't happen, Laide. Do you want to know why? Because they already know English. Why would the CEO force them to learn a language they already know? They're better off learning Spanish instead and before you ask no that won't happen either. Do you know why? Because they're no longer a duo. So if you could just please stop mentioning them to me every 5 seconds that'd be great." Christine said as she walked to her room. 

"Where are you going?" I asked Christine worried. Christine grabbed the door knob before turning around to face me. 

"I'm taking a shower." Christine said with no energy in her voice whatsoever. I nodded and watched my sister enter her room. I sat there for a while before a smile appeared on my face. I slowly walked over to my sister's room and opened the door. I walked in and saw the bathroom door closed. The water was running as my smile grew bigger. I began looking through my sister's drawers and began looking through all her belongings. I opened and closed several drawers before moving onto the next row.

"She has to have something that can link me to those guys but where is it?" I looked through two more drawers before stopping at a bottom drawer. I stared at a vinyul record of The Beatles. I stared admireably at the record and read the title of the record to myself.

"A Hard Day's Night." I tilted my head to the side as I frowned slightly.

"Where have I heard that name before?" I asked myself as I turned the record protector over. I began reading the tracks quietly.

"A Hard Day's Night, I Should Have Known Better, If I Fell, I'm Happy Just To Dance With You, And I Love Her ...." I stared at the 5th track and tilted my head once again. "This song seems so familiar to me." I shook it off and looked at the record once more. 

"Where did she even get this record? I doubt she'd buy it for herself. She doesn't even have a record player....unless..." I placed the record in the drawer and closed it softly. I began looking around the room for a record player. I frowned as I saw no sign of a record player visible. I snapped my fingers as I walked towards Christine's closet. I opened the double doors and stared at her wardrobe. Christine had very few clothes yet they were very pretty. I smiled glad my sister's taste in clothes hadn't changed. I began looking through her closet and noticed nothing there either. I frowned as I closed the double doors and looked around.

"If I was Christine where would I hide a record player?" I looked around and stopped at Christine's bed. I smiled as I walked over to her bed and looked under the bed. Surely enough under the bed was a turquoise briefcase with two black patches on the front edges. I frowned slightly as I pulled the briefcase out and stared at it. Why would Christine need a briefcase? I opened it and was surprised to see that the briefcase was actually a recorder player. I stared at the exterior and noticed the black patches were actually speakers. I laughed at myself for failing to notice that detail as I admired the interior of the record player. I ran my fingers through the turntable and needle of the record player. I was mesmorized by the record player that I almost missed a sticky note posted on the inner top of the briefcase. 

"In honor of our stubborn teacher and friend's birthday. Hope you like it, Christine. JJ." I tilted my head again. Stubborn teacher? Does that mean ... My eyes widened as I realized. This has to be connected to the guys! Then that must mean the record too- My attention was diverted to the bathroom door. The water stopped running. I quickly yet quietly closed the record player and slid it under the bed. I got up and walked toward the door. I opened it and walked out before Christine came out. I closed the door behind me and tiptoed quickly to the couch. To avoid suspicion I grabbed my phone and went on YouTube. I wanted Christine to think I was on my phone the whole time but that song also bugged me. 

"What are you doing?" I jumped a little as I heard Christine's voice. I looked up and smiled weakly at Christine. I lifted my phone toward her as Christine stared at the screen.

"Just listening to music." I lied as Christine nodded and walked towards the kitchen. I searched up And I Love Her by The Beatles and clicked on the first video. I listened as the song played and I suddenly remembered where I had heard the song before.

3 years ago

Adelaide sat in her seat during 1st period as Julie passed by her seat to sit in the second seat in front of Adelaide's seat. She turned her head as Mary sat in her seat which was 3rd seat on the right and one seat up. Then she looked two seats up and one over to see Christine seated in her seat. She smiled as she faced the front when the bell rang. Her teacher smiled at them.

"Okay class. Today we will be entering Beatlemania. One of the most important times in musical history. If you think 1 Direction is great you're

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter