Chapter 8

My Lotus Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What’s your greatest fear?” Christine looked at me as I asked her. She thought about it for a while before shrugging her shoulders.

“Nothing I guess.” I replied as she went back to eating. I watched her as she ate. Her skin was still pale and her voice was still groggy. She was still sick. I sighed before I spoke.

“I know what I fear. I fear losing you and my family.” I said and once again Christine stopped eating to look at me. She stared at me for a while before laughing.

“Laide, I’m not going to die from a cold.” She said as she continued to laugh. I frowned slightly at her comment. Didn’t she know how serious this was?

“Let’s say you don’t, but every time you’re sick your immune system weakens. What if you get a worse and more dangerous virus and die? What about then!? You’ll be gone and my parents will blame me for everything. Have you ever stopped to think others will be hurting more than you!?” I said more a little too angrily than I had intended. Christine stared at me for a few minutes before looking down at her food.

“You’re right. I’m sorry. I’ll be more careful.” She said as she got up from her seat and walked into her room closing the door behind her. I did it again. I sighed and leaned against my chair. I made her feel bad for nothing. For what? A stupid cold? I knew she’d get better but it upset me that I couldn’t be more aware of her. She was my little sister. JB and Junior had more of a reaction to her than me. I sat up and frowned slightly. Come to think of it. Why was JB and Junior acting strange yesterday? They were the only two who ran out after my call with Christine. Of course the others ran out too but they waited till my call ended more or less. Plus Junior was panting pretty hard when he showed up. Was he running to find Christine? Why? I understand they probably thought I’d be worried but to do all of that it seemed strange. Suddenly Christine stepped out of her room and I stood up. She looked at me and smiled.

“Are you done eating? If not you better hurry or else we’ll be late to work.” She told me with the sweetest smile. I sighed feeling once again guilty for lashing out on her. Me and my bad temper. It was not her fault and yet I still scolded her like if it was her fault.

“Chris I-” I started before Christine raised her hand to stop me.

“No time. Hurry and get ready or we’ll be late.” She said as she pointed to my room. She smiled at me as she made her way to the table. She started cleaning the table as I walked to my room. I stopped and looked towards her as she continued to clean with a serious expression. I sighed as I turned back and walked to my room.

 

“Teacher!” I walked into the room assigned to me to teach Jackson for 3 hours. I jumped a little when I was greeted by GOT7. They all looked at me and bowed. Some with cheerful expressions and others with no expressions at all. I looked at all of them surprised.

“Hi. What are you guys-” I spoke before I was cut off by JB.

“How’s your sister?” JB asked. I looked at him and noticed everyone else nodding wanting to know. I sighed a bit as I smiled.

“She’s better I think. She went to work a little-” Once again I was cut off but this time by Junior who seemed angry for some reason.

“You get her go to work!? What if she faints and hurts herself? What if something like yesterday happens again but something worse happens? Why isn’t she home resting? You know she has a weak immune system so how can you let her go to work like that!?” Junior yelled at me. I blinked a few times at Junior who was panting heavily as JB pulled him off to the side. That was strange.

“Don’t listen to him.” I turned around and saw Jackson. I smiled weakly at him. Even though it was weird for Junior to say most of those things they weren’t entirely a lie. I should have told Christine to stay home and rest. I should’ve called her company and tell them she wasn’t feeling well. I should’ve done something as an older sister and once again I failed.

“Teacher?” I looked up and saw Yugyeom and Jackson staring at me worriedly. I smiled once again weakly towards them. This was not the time or place for me to break down again. I looked at all of them as JB walked towards me while Junior stayed far away from me.

“I’m sorry.” JB said to me which made me raise my eyebrows surprised. “Junior has a very soft spot for girls who are ill. He tends to always get this way whenever he notices a female ill.” JB explained to me more clearly. I nodded my head understanding why Junior reacted the way he did. Then JB chuckled to himself for a moment which made me look at him once again. “Sometimes Junior forgets how stubborn she can be especially when she’s sick.” He said which made me frown. How would they know that about Christine?

“How do you know that?” I asked JB which made him look at me confused. “How do you both know she’s stubborn if you barely found out she was my sister yesterday. I never mentioned she was stubborn.” I questioned. JB’s facial expression turned serious as he looked at me. He suddenly got nervous and rubbed the back of his neck. Before he could answer Jackson spoke.

“Ah! When you left we were talking about the whole situation between us. I mentioned to them how I lied to them because your sister was sick and thought it was pretty serious. Then I mentioned that your sister is pretty stubborn whenever she’s sick. I’m sorry if we offended your sister or you.” He said as I looked at him. I then looked at the other guys who simply nodded. That’s why JB was nervous. He thought by mentioning that they talked about Christine and me, I would become angry. That’s what he meant with his comment too. I nodded at them and smiled.

“Well it’s time for me to teach Jackson. I will be with you guys shortly.” I said to the rest of the members. They all nodded and bowed. I watched Junior who was rubbing the back of his neck as he looked down. Junior has definitely been acting strange lately.

 

Is Junior sick? Lately he’s been acting differently or maybe this is how he acts. Maybe he’s acting normally and I’m thinking he’s acting strange. Maybe Mark isn’t a quiet guy at all. Maybe he’s super talkative and because of my presence I make him feel uncomfortable. Then maybe BamBam is the quiet one but he acts hyper to hide the fact that he’s going through something. Maybe I don’t know these guys at all and their behavior with me is completely different from how they really act.

“Teacher?” My thoughts were interrupted by Jackson. I looked up at him and he looked at me worriedly. I smiled at him and sat up straight.

“I’m sorry what were you saying?” I asked and Jackson got up from his seat.

“Are you okay? Is what junior said still bothering you?” He asked me and I shook my head. Truthfully, no. I hadn’t thought about what Junior said. I looked up at Jackson and shook my head. Rather than answering his question I asked a different one instead.

“Is Junior sick?” I asked which surprised Jackson. He shook his head which made me frown slightly. “Then is he always like this?” I asked and Jackson looked at me confused before raising his eyebrows.

“You mean his lashing out? As far as I’ve known Junior he sometimes does that. I’m the closest member to him other than JB. You remember us talking about them being in a group before GOT7 called JJProject right?” He asked me and I nodded. “Well they were trained by a female teacher from America. Like you. Well apparently she had a huge impact on them because they were really close. Well something happened and she left them. Since then if Junior sees a girl who resembles her or has a name similar to hers he reacts that way. The reason he lashed out on you was because apparently their teacher also had a weak immune system and her voice might’ve sounded similar to his teacher. That’s the only reason I can think of for him to react that way.” I nodded as I thought about this for a minute.

“What about JB?” I asked and Jackson sat on the edge of my desk facing me.

“He sometimes gets that way too, but not as frequently as Junior. That’s why JB rushed out after Junior yesterday. He must’ve heard some similarity between your sister’s voice and their teacher. JB is more reasonable while Junior is reckless. JB thinks of everything ahead of time and tackles everything with reason. Junior does things his way with no input needed. I’ve seen them fight a few times when we became a group. They went weeks without talking because of the teacher. We all hated her at first but then

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter