Chapter 10

My Lotus Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I walked into the room after watching Christine leave to YG Entertainment. I sighed deeply as I made my way towards the center of the room and looked up. I was surprised to see Jackson there with trays of food in his hands. He looked at me and smiled.

“Teacher. Have you eaten yet? I came early today and got hungry.” He lifted both trays and looked at me with a happier smile. “The breakfast here is really good.” He said to me which made me smile. I nodded to him as he smiled even more. Jackson put two desks together facing each other. We sat down with our trays and began eating. Truthfully, Christine and I were running late and were unable to eat breakfast.

“When we were trainees we always came early to practice but before we practiced we ate breakfast here. After practicing we’d eat lunch here too and sometimes we’d eat dinner here. We knew nothing else other than practicing.” I looked at Jackson as he said this to me.

“Isn’t it still the same today?” I asked him and Jackson looked up at me. He smiled as he shook his head.

“Now we want nothing more than to perform. Before we wanted nothing more than to be in a group. Now we want to perform. JB and Jr would always tell us of their experience on stage and activities. We wanted to experience it too. We wanted to be amazing ideas like them and they wished to be on stage again. It was a dream all three of them shared.” Jackson said as he continued eating. I looked at him confused.

“The three of them?” I asked confused by his words. Jackson looked at me and nodded.

“JB, Jr and their teacher. JB said whenever they were given a teacher she encouraged them. When she asked them what their dream was they said it was to become a cool idol. The teacher then said that their dream was invalid. That their dream should only be to stand on that stage. Not as an idol. Not as a worker for JYP, but as a person. To simply stand on stage and look at the crowd. Of course, JB and Jr had a bad temper and they clashed head a lot. But once they were performing they stood on stage and looked at the crowd. Then they looked at their teacher and understood what she meant.” Jackson said to me while he looked at me as if waiting for me to answer. When I didn’t answer he smiled.

“What did she mean?” I asked him curious by what he meant.

“If you focus on standing on stage and looking at a crowd it’s a reachable dream right?” He asked me and I nodded. “If you focus on being an idol only a few people can actually make it right?” He asked me once more as I nodded. “She was saying have a dream in mind that reachable then reach for the impossible. They said they focused on being on stage more than anything else and once they were there they wanted to be a cool idol.” I finally understood and nodded. Amazed by that person’s way of thinking.

“So what are you guys focusing on now?” I asked Jackson as he smiled at me.

“We’re focusing on standing on stage.” He said to me which I expected. It made sense they would follow JB and Jr’s teachers’ ways.

“That teacher. Tell me more about her.” I asked Jackson as I became more interested in her and her methods. Jackson looked at me for a while before nodding.

“She was young. Really young. No one could believe she was a teacher. JB and Jr also had a hard time believing she was their teacher. They thought she was incapable to teach them anything especially becoming an idol. They said they didn’t get along well because of that but eventually became friends. Good friends. She was there to celebrate their birthdays so they must’ve been close. She was kind, patient, funny, caring and selfless from the stories they’ve told us. But they never told us why she left. We kept asking but Jr would get upset.” Jackson explained and I nodded. That must be why when I asked Junior he told me that good intentions are often misunderstood as bad intentions. He must’ve felt like I was probing into his personal life.

“What do you think will happen if they meet her again?” I asked genuinely curious about their relationship. Jackson looked at me and seriously considered the question. He finally shrugged before speaking.

“I don’t know.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter