Chapter 11

My Lotus Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was eating the breakfast Christine made for me as she was cleaning the kitchen. I watched her as I ate before finally sighing heavily and setting down my utensils. Since I have been to Korea for 2 weeks I had successfully learned how to use chopsticks.

“Chris can you please sit down and eat already?” I asked her as she stopped what she was doing and looked at me. Christine looked at me and smiled apologetically at me.

“Sorry. I’m trying to get everything done before I leave.” Christine said as she continued to clean. I looked at her and frowned.

“Leave? Where are you going on a Saturday morning?” I asked her as Christine stopped what she was doing to face me.

“I didn’t tell you? The boys are having last minute changes to their comeback so I have to go and help them. I don’t know how long it will take.” Christine said to me before cleaning once more. I stared at her for a while as she finished and walked towards the table. She sat down and began eating. I watched her as she ate diligently.

“Don’t they give you a break? You’ve been working non-stop. Can’t they give you weekends off? Since I’ve been here we’ve only been able to spend time together on my first two days.” I said as Christine looked up at me. She swallowed her food before looking at me.

“Laide I know you want to hang out and trust me so do I, but this is my job. I can’t cancel on them when they need me.” She said softly and carefully as if she was talking to a child who was disappointed after her parents cancelled on her. I sighed as I picked up my chopsticks and began picking at my food.

“I need you too.” I said softly to myself. I wasn’t expecting Christine to hear me or my disappointed tone, but as always she had.

“Laide. It’s only today. Sunday we can hang out and do whatever you’d like okay?” She said to me once again as if she was speaking to a young child. I really hate when she does that. Ever since she took Early Childhood Education she’s always talked to me as a young child. Does that even make sense? I’m her older sister and she treats me like I’m a neglected child. I looked up at her and simply nodded. Christine knew I was still not pleased. She looked at the time and sighed.

“I have to go, Laide. I’ll be back soon.” Christine said as I once again simply nodded. Christine hesitated for a while before realizing she would be late if she waited any longer. Once Christine was gone I slammed my chopsticks angrily against the table. I wasn’t mad at her. I was simply frustrated. Back in America I always hanged out with my friends when Christine was working in a daycare. Whenever she wanted to hang out I always told her I was busy. Whenever I was bored at home and she arrived from work she’d make time for me. I sighed deeply knowing how childish I was being. Christine is making a living here. Who am I to force her to ditch work for me? I always took advantage of her and now this is my karma. I groaned to myself as I stared at my food. Suddenly my phone rang and I quickly answered it hoping Christine had cancelled for me, but it wasn’t her.

“Jackson?” I asked somewhat recognizing the hyper voice on the other line but was still confused as to how he received my cell number.

“Teacher!” He shouted as I pulled the cell phone away from my ear to avoid his intense shouting. “Since it’s our day off do you want to hang out with us? Your sister can come too.” He said which made me smile softly to myself. I placed my cell closer to my ear before responding to him.

“Christine can’t come since she’s-” Jackson cut me off with an exaggerated whine which made me laugh.

“Teacher! I’m sure your sister is well. She needs fresh air just like you. I know you worry about her getting sick but she’ll be fine. We are all here in case something happens and you’ll be there too.” Jackson said to me which made me laugh even more. “Teacher!” Jackson whined once more.

“Jackson!” I said in between laughs as I tried to calm down. “I was going to say Christine can’t come since she’s working. Something came up and she had to be there.” I explained as I laughed once more at Jackson’s quick conclusions.

“O-Oh. Then can you come?” He stuttered to ask which made me smile. He was obviously embarrassed from his quick conclusion.

“Yes, I can. I have to clean before I leave but I will be there. Where are we meeting?” I asked as I got up and started cleaning the table.

 

 

“Jackson?” I asked as I looked at a gentleman approaching me. He was wearing a long brown cloak jacket, a thick black scarf that covered his mouth and nose. He was also wearing sunglasses, but I recognized his jet black hair pulled back with a snap back hat.

“Shhh!” He said to me as he looked around the café. I looked around too and no one was paying attention to us. What was the big deal? Suddenly Jackson grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards the second floor of the café. I could feel my face get warmer and warmer from the simple contact. Once we were in the second floor Jackson finally pulled off his scarf and sunglasses with his free hand.

“Sorry about that teacher. We can’t exactly be seen in public. We haven’t officially debuted yet but we have been announced in the media as upcoming rookie group.” He explained to me while I simply nodded. In reality I had no idea what Jackson said. My whole mind was in a blur from the contact we were still in. I hated to admit this to anyone other than Christine but I am an extremely innocent person. Simple contact like this made my heart flutter and made my mind hazy. Jackson looked at me as I looked at his hand on my wrist. Jackson immediately let go of my hand and rubbed the back of his neck.

“S-Sorry. I-It’s a habit.” Jackson stuttered as he looked away and so did I.

“It’s fine.” I quickly said as I looked around and found the other guys. “Oh! The guys!” I quickly walked over to them. The guys looked up and smiled at me as Jackson followed behind me. I didn’t know why I was so nervous. It’s not like Jackson did it on purpose. It was an accident and there was no meaning behind the contact.

“Teacher you made it.” BamBam said happily which made me smile as I nodded at him.

“Sit down.” Mark said as he scooted over to his left closer to Youngjae. I smiled at him and nodded. I sat beside Mark as he smiled at me. Jackson sat in front of me as I looked around the table.

“Where’s JB and Junior?” I asked the five guys present. BamBam sitting in between Jackson and Yugyeom shrugged. I frowned slightly as no one spoke.

“They said they had something to talk to the CEO about.” Youngjae explained and I slowly nodded. What would they talk to the CEO with?

“Junior, JB!” Yugyeom waved excitedly towards s as everyone turned to see the two guys approach the table with trays of drinks. JB looked at me and smiled.

“Teacher I’m glad you came.” He said as he looked around as if trying to look for someone.

“Where’s your sister?” Junior suddenly asked me while I looked at him and JB. Is that who they were looking for?

“She had some urgent work she needed to do.” I explained a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter