Chapter 17

My Lotus Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m back!” Christine shouted as she walked back into my hospital room. I turned around and saw her standing there in the doorway embarrassed. She quickly bowed and smiled towards Mark while she was trying to avoid the light blush on her cheeks. What is going on here?

“Mark. I didn’t know you were still here. It’s nice to see you again.” Christine said in a cheerful tone as she made her way towards my bed. She set her bag on the nightstand and Mark bowed towards Christine with a silly grin on his face.

“The other members went to go eat and I decided to wait with teacher.” Mark explained and Christine nodded understanding his reason.

“More like he was waiting for you.” I mumbled to myself as Christine looked at me confused.

“Did you say something Laide?” Christine asked me. I looked at her and shook my head trying to convince her I was completely innocent. She smiled and turned her attention back to Mark. Something is off here and I have to find out what it is.

“Chris since Mark is here why don’t you two get to know each other better?” I proposed as Mark looked at me surprised and baffled by my suggestion. His face grew a light shade of pink as his eyes pleaded me to stop embarrassing him in front of Christine.

“Sure that sounds like a good idea!” Christine said cheerfully which caused both me and Mark to look at her surprised. Mark smiled slowly and nodded towards Christine. I frowned a bit before facing them.

“Okay. Let’s start with ideal types.” I said and Mark immediately turned his attention towards me. Christine raised an eyebrow but nodded in reply. “Christine go first.” I said and Christine nodded.

“My ideal type huh …. He has to be taller than me. He has to be able to dance. It’d be nice if he spoke English but if not then that’s fine. It’d be cute if he could sing or rap so he’d rap or sing to me. A sweet and funny guy who’s quiet like me but outgoing too. Do I sound delusional?” Christine asked and I shook my head. Honestly hearing Christine talk like that was cute. I smiled and turned my attention to Mark who was also smiling at Christine.

“Mark your turn.” I said a bit too coldly as Mark turned and faced me. He seemed embarrassed and shy. He cleared his throat before he began.

“I want someone who will make me want to see her again.” He simply said and I rolled my eyes. Christine frowned at me and nudged me to stop.

“And how would she do that?” I asked wanting more than an answer he gives to his fans. Mark seemed more embarrassed and avoided Christine’s eyes as he looked at me.

“A kind and funny girl. One who can make me laugh and smile just from seeing her smile and laugh? She has to have a pretty personality. She has to be considerate and outgoing. Someone passionate about her career like I am about mine. Someone who understands me and who’s shorter than me.” Mark explained and Christine nodded while smiling. I looked at both of them and got an idea.

“Sounds like you both are talking about each other.” I said as Christine and Mark both looked at each other and then at me horrified. They both avoided each other’s gaze as they blushed in embarrassment.

“Adelaide I don’t think that is something you should say at a time like this.” Christine said to me sternly even though I could still tell she was embarrassed by what I said.

“Okay mom. Then how about where you were born.” I said having nothing else in mind. Truthfully I wanted to see if Mark would answer and if he did whether his ideal type would match Christine.

“Miami, Florida.” Christine responded and I nodded already knowing that information. Then I turned to Mark for his answer.

“California.” Mark said and Christine faced him surprised and so did I.

“You’re from America?” Christine said surprised forgetting completely to speak in Korean.

“Yeah my family still lives in California.” Mark responded which shocked us even more since he responded in English. Christine and I blinked a few times in surprise.

“You speak English …. You’re from America ….I’m so glad I met you!” Christine squealed as she smiled widely towards Mark. Mark seemed shy but smiled none the less. He speaks English and he’s from California? Great, I basically sent Christine up with her ideal guy. I groaned to myself in disapproval.

 

“Teacher do you hate me?” Mark asked me as I was watching TV. I looked at him confused at first and then I realized what he meant. I sighed deeply as I turned my attention to Mark.

“No, I don’t hate you, Mark. I’m sorry for how I’ve been acting. I’m very overprotective of my sister. It may seem silly to you, but she’s a very fragile person. She trusts easily and once the person she trusts hurts her she’s vulnerable and weak. She may look tough and strong but she’s not. I probably shouldn’t say this but she dated someone when she was young and she suffered a lot. She had her heart broken. The guy cheated on her with her best friend. She’s really kind to the point where I think it’s naïve. She forgave them both but cut her connection with them. She was in depression for such a long time before she was able to smile again. Then she came here where she got her heart broken again by her friends who accused her wrongly. She’s still not healed from that so she’s vulnerable. I just don’t want anyone to take advantage of her when she’s weak. I have no problem with you liking her, but I hope you won’t hurt her or take advantage of her.” I explained as Mark looked at me before nodding.

“I didn’t know that. I’m sorry if I gave you that impression. But I promise you those aren’t my intentions and I’m not sure how I feel about your sister.” Mark said honestly and sincerely. I sighed deeply before nodding.

“You don’t have to apologize to me. I was the one being overprotective and immature. But I didn’t know you could speak English so fluently or that you’re from California.” I said as Mark rubbed the back of his neck somewhat embarrassed.

“You never asked. Truthfully me, Jackson, JB and Junior speak English fluently.” Mark explained to me and I nodded.

“I never knew JB and Junior spoke English too.” I said surprised as Mark nodded towards me.

“They had a teacher when they were in JJ Project who taught them. From what I heard she taught them everything they know now.” Mark explained to me and I became intrigued again. That teacher. For some reason I’m really curious about her. Maybe because she’s from America too but I really want to meet her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter