Chapter 13

My Lotus Flower
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m telling you the truth. My friend and I were together the whole time. We rode rides and ate food. On the last ride we were on I sat in the bench you found me in because I was too tired. My friend left and told me to stay where I was so I did. He probably went to the bathroom or something. I’m not a scammer.” I pleaded to the guy before me and his friend. They looked at me as if unbelieving my words which irritated me and at the same time scared me.

“Okay. Why don’t you call your friend so he can come here and we can sort this whole thing out?” The guy before me said. My expression fell even more when I remembered my phone had fallen on the bench.

“I can’t do that.” I said softly as the men before me both sighed deeply and annoyed.

“And why is that?” He asked me with so much annoyance in his voice. I looked at the guy and frowned. This guy must really think I’m a scammer.

“Because my phone dropped on the bench and I couldn’t grab it since you dragged me away.” I snapped at him. The guy raised an eyebrow at my actions and I knew I shouldn’t have done what I did but I didn’t care. Ever since I was young I had a hot temper that not even I had a control of.

“Really? Then why don’t you call your friend through our public phones.” The guy offered me with a smirk on his face. My face fell once again when I couldn’t remember Jackson’s number.

“I don’t know his number by memory.” I said softly once again and the guys huffed in annoyance.

“What friend doesn’t know their own friends’ number? We’re trying to help you and you’re making it more obvious that you’re a scammer.” The guy said as he sighed deeply. His friend shook his head disapprovingly at me as he looked away. The guy barely called me this morning. How am I supposed to remember his phone number in such a short time? I don’t even know Christine’s number by heart let alone Jackson’s number.

“We haven’t been friends for a long time and he barely contacted me this morning to come here. How do you expect me to know his number?” I snapped back annoyed. The guy looked at me again with a deep sigh. He rubbed his face with his hands before facing me.

“Okay tell you what. I’ll go find your phone and then we can call him from there.” He offered and my expression lite up. I looked at him and nodded. I felt a lot calmer knowing I could call Jackson to help me clarify this misunderstanding.

 

“Teacher I brought us-” Jackson stopped when he realized his teacher was no longer on the bench. He blinked a few times before looking around him.

“Did she go to the bathroom?” Jackson spoke softly to himself as he sat on the bench where his teacher sat. He set his teacher’s lemonade drink on the seat as he drank his own drink looking around trying to find his teacher. After ten minutes Jackson began to worry. He set his empty drink down and decided to call her. Jackson waited for his teacher to answer when he suddenly felt a vibration near him. He frowned as he looked around and stopped when he saw his teacher’s phone on the ground. He picked it up and hung up his phone.

“Why is her phone here? She should have it with her unless-” Jackson said as he stood up and looked around at the crowd. He was starting to get a bad feeling. He ran in a random direction looking at the crowd for his teacher.

“Teacher!” Jackson called out to his teacher as he continued to scan the crowd. He stopped running and looked around him. His uneasy feeling wasn’t going away and it scared him. He ran his fingers through his hair in an attempt to calm down but failed.

“Jackson?” Jackson turned around half-expecting to see his teacher but instead came face to face with JB and Junior. His heart sank knowing not only he’d be scolded but also that they weren’t the person he was desperately looking for.

“What’s wrong?” JB asked him frowning slightly knowing something wasn’t right.

“Teacher is missing. She was sitting on the bench when I left her but she’s not there anymore. I found her phone on the ground.” Jackson explained and JB’s expression hardened as he sighed deeply.

“Why did you leave her alone when I clearly told you to stay together?” JB asked in annoyance as Jackson looked down upset.

“She was tired. I went to buy drinks and I didn’t want her to walk knowing she was tired. I didn’t think she’d be missing.” Jackson said softly as JB sighed once more.

“JB you can lecture him later. Right now we need to gather the rest and look for her.” Junior said as JB nodded. Jackson looked at the two with sad worried eyes. JB patted his shoulder.

“It’s okay. Everything will be okay. I promise.” JB reassured him as Jackson nodded.

 

“Teacher!” BamBam yelled as he ran through the crowd with Mark as the kept searching the crowds. They were getting more and more worried when they didn’t find her. Several times they were stopped by people to check their stamps since they were acting suspicious. Luckily for them their leader warned them of this before they ran to look for their teacher.

“Teacher! Where are you!?” Yugyeom and Youngjae scanned the crowd from a different location. Several times they had stopped people who looked familiar to their teacher but they weren’t her. They were getting anxious to find her fearing the worst. Just like Mark and BamBam they were stopped several times for being suspicious.

“Teacher! Teacher!” JB and Junior called for their teacher as they scanned the area for their teacher. They were worried for her well-being and fearing if they didn’t find her, her sister would become worried as well. They too were stopped and asked to show their stamps but not because they were suspicioius simply because of procedures. JB took this chance to ask for help from the older male.

“I’m sorry, but have you seen a female around? We lost our friend. She’s tall think she has long light brown hair. She’s a foreigner but speaks Korean perfectly.” JB asked as the male looked at him thinking.

“As far as we know we don’t have anyone under custody in our detention room. We’ll keep an eye on her and if we find out anything we will make an announcement. What’s her name?” He asked JB as JB smiled relieved to have higher help than simply shouting for their teacher but upset he knew nothing.

“Adelaide. Adelaide Stevens.” He responded as the older man nodded before walking away.

 

“Did you find it?” I asked as I saw the man reappear with a frown. I felt a lump on my throat knowing all too well he didn’t find my phone.  

“Why don’t we just make her pay the full admission? At the rate of this scavenger hunt we’ll be here all day. It’s obvious she’s a scammer.” The guy’s friend said and I frowned at him angrily. The other man sighed deeply before grabbing my wrist. I lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter