You vs. Starcraft

It's You

Pairing: You/Kyuhyun

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Kyuhyun was a lot of things.

He was a singer, a dancer--not the best, but one nonetheless--, an overall entertainer. But when it came right down to it, Cho Kyuhyun was a gamer.

He had always been. Even when he was little and his friends would ask him if he wanted to hang out, he'd make up an excuse or just plain say he couldn't go just so he could stay at home and play video games.

Even now, at 23 years old, Kyuhyun was just as obsessed with gaming and whenever he had the oppurtunity, he'd sit down in front of his laptop and play Starcraft to his heart's content.

Which was what he was doing the moment you called him.

"Hello?" Kyuhyun answered continuing to play as he pressed the phone to his ear with a drawn up shoulder.

"Kyuhyun, are you busy today?"

Kyuhyun brightened at the sound of your voice and paused the game, "Nope," he answered, "I only had a morning schedule today and I just finished up. Why?"

"Well...I was wondering if..."

Just then the music from the video game evaded the air and even Kyuhyun jumped. He honestly thought he paused it.

"Were you playing Starcraft while talking to me?" you asked in a deadly calm voice. Kyuhyun started to disagree but you cut him off with your terse words, "Well. I see where I stand in your life. Go play Starcraft then, it's obviously more important than seeing me anyway."

And with that the line went dead.

Kyuhyun cursed, forgot about his game, grabbed a beanie and a mask and pulled them on as he rushed out the back door and in the direction of your apartment. All the fans that usually crowded the dorm were gone under the assumption that no one was home since Super Junior was supposed to be busy all day and for the most part they were, minus Kyuhyun who had finished early.

You were upset, well...maybe that was an understatement. You were beyond upset and incredibly disappointed.

Did his games really mean more to him than you?

You frowned and fell backward onto your bed, glaring at your ceiling. How could he continue to play while on the phone with you?

Maybe it wouldn't have been such a big deal if he was the type of boyfriend that you saw everyday and talked to 24/7. But Kyuhyun was an idol and that meant your time with him was always limited. Your dates always at odd hours and in secluded places. You hadn't seen him in person or even been able to talk to him in a week and the fact that he continued to play a video game while on the phone with you,even though it was the first time you two had been able to speak in 7 days, hurt you.

I mean, he couldn't even pause the game to have a decent conversation?

You were getting increasingly annoyed the more you thought about it and right then there was a knock at the door. You trudged to the door and opened it with a scowl, seeing people was the last thing on your mind at the moment but when you saw who was on the other side your heart jumped and your expression turned to one of surprise as his name left your lips in a stutter.

"K-Kyuhyun..."

You recovered quickly though and your voice hardened as you asked him why he was there. Kyuhyun stepped inside your apartment despite your protests and pulled off both the beanie and the mask. You shut the door behind him and looked at him expectantly when he turned back to face you.

"Well?"

He took your hands in his and met your gaze, "I swear I wasn't playing while you were on the phone," you attempted to pull back but Kyuhyun kept his grip on you, "I really wasn't," he insisted.

"I heard the music, Kyuhyun. Let's not lie."

Kyuhyun sighed, "I know. I thought I had paused it but I hadn't and the music you were hearing was the sound of me losing because I honestly wasn't paying attention to the game. I had my back turned to it and everything! Why would I play when I'm talking to you. [Name]-ah, you're better than Starcraft."

You bit your lip to futilely suppress a smile as you looked up at him, "That's probably the sweetest thing you ever said to me..." you said with a laugh. Kyuhyun grinned at you and pulled you into a tight embrace.

"I meant it," he murmured into your hair.

Your smile widened and you got on tip-toe to press your lips to his in a chaste kiss. Kyuhyun smirked down at you and you winked as you pulled away, momentarily confusing him.

"Yah, where are you going?" he asked.

"Well, you and I are going back to your dorm so you can teach me how to play Starcraft..."

Kyuhyun gaped at you, "What?!" he exclaimed in shock as he ran over to you and gripped your shoulders, searching your eyes for any sign that you were messing with him, "Are you...wait, are you serious?!"

You grinned, "Yeah, I mean, I might as well...it'll help us spend more time together. You can play with two people on it, right?" he nodded dumbly, "Then whenever you don't have a partner to play with, I'll play with you and that way we'll be able to spend more time together, you see?"

Kyuhyun really couldn't believe what he was hearing. You had never shown any interest in Starcraft or any of his games before, "You'd really learn to like a game for me?"

You flicked him on the forehead, "Of course,"

Kyuhyun kissed you full on the mouth before grabbing your hand and rushing out the door, eager to play. You could only smile and laugh at his childish excitement.

You were willing to do anything for him, learning how to play a video game seemed like nothing.

Oh, you really didn't know what you had gotten yourself into...

----extended ending---

"Okay, Kyuhyun, seriously I know I learned to play to spend more time together but my God...we've been playing for hours, can we please take a break?"

Kyuhyun paid you no heed, absorbed in the mission at hand and you promptly kicked him off the bed, "OW! [Name]-ah! What was that for!?"

"For ignoring me!" you snapped, sticking your tongue out at him childishly.

Kyuhyun was about to snap a comeback but then he noticed something, "Oh my God, Yesung-hyung!! Get your turtle out of my room!"

You blinked in confusion then felt something nudge your thigh and when you looked down you let out a girlish shriek of surprise and leapt backward off the bed.

Yesung burst into the room with a cry of, "DDANGKOMA~~~"

You glanced between Yesung who was cradling his turtle like a mother would her child and Kyuhyun had returned to his gaming, the scene was strange enough on its own but it came accompanied by Leeteuk's Elmo-like laughter from down the hall and Heechul's off-key singing of 'Nobody' by the Wondergirls--oh, you could practically see him dancing the routine even though you weren't in the room and there was no doubt that Donghae, Eunhyuk, and Shindong joined in on it and Sungmin probably was filming the whole thing as blackmail, the poor man hangs around the source of all evil *cough*Kyuhyun*cough* too much. Thinking about all this you couldn't help but to sigh. Super Junior really was made up of the weirdest men you would ever know...

"If only your fans knew..." you murmured, looking to the doorway in time to see a frantic Ryeowook sprint down the hall followed by Shisus and his Bible in an attempt to escape a lecture for sleeping in and missing Church, "...if only they knew..."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No worries, we know how weird they are and we love them more for it ^^

Despite my busy schedule and my book report due Wednesday on a book I have yet to start, I managed to update this fanfiction twice.

I am quite proud of myself *grins*

I know you said 'Yesung's turtles' but I added Yesung too, hehe, hope you don't mind. And sorry about how they only got mentioned in the extension but I kinda forgot about it until I had finished and so I added the ending only to put in the turtles. Anywhoo, I hope you enjoyed the chapter~~~

Please comment and request and subscribe and all that loveliness ^^