Pleasant Surprise

It's You

Pairing: You/Siwon


You hurried into the Church mere seconds before the music filled the air. You had only arrived in Korea about a week ago. Everything was still new and it was even a wonder you had made it to Sunday Mass.

You quietly rushed into a random pew in the far back. You didn't mind sitting so far away, it made the exit easier in the end. You gave a pleased smile and gently placed your bag on the pew behind you before standing upright, watching as the priest and altar servers made their entrance into the quaint Church.

The song came to a close and the priest stood up front as he greeted everyone with a deep, "Good morning,"  everyone echoed him in reply, "On this day we'll dedicate the Mass to Mr. Lee who's currently undergoing a tedious surgery. May he come out of it well and recover quickly. Let us begin, in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen."

"Amen," you replied firmly.

"You may now be seated."

You sat down slowly, hands brushing the backs of your thighs to keep your skirt in place. You pay keen attention to the service until you feel a pressure on your right shoulder. You look to the side curiously and come face to face with probably the most gorgeous man you've ever seen. You felt your face heat as you nervously whispered, "Yes?"

The man smiled politely and handed you your bag, "It was on my seat," he whispered back to you.

You nodded and took the bag out of his hands, face flushing brighter when your fingers brushed his, "T-Thanks," you stammered.

The man chuckled lowly before turning back around to face forward as he breathed a, "You're welcome."

Going to Confession after this was a must because in all honesty you completely ignored the ceremony in favor of sneaking glances at the glorious being that was sitting beside you. You tried hard to concentrate on the prayer, it meant a lot to you but despite what you did, you kept looking over at him. 

You performed the actions of the Mass with little thought until it came to 'Our Father'.

"Now we join hands to pray as our Savior taught us...'Our Father...who art in Heaven...'"

Nervously peering up at the man you let your hand slip into his and somehow managed to stutter out the prayer despite your flushed face and racing heart.

You really couldn't comprehend why you were acting like this. You didn't know the man for goodness' sake. He could be a total jerk for all you knew. Well, considering he was taking the time to go to the early-morning Sunday Mass that was highly improbable but still.

Without your knowing so the prayer ended and it was meant for you to let go of each other's hand but you stupidly kept your grip. The male next to you chuckled lowly and you yanked your hand away in shock as the smooth noise pulled you from your thoughts. You stammered out a 'sorry' but the man just nodded, his lips still pulled up into a very attractive smile.

You spent the remainder of the Mass reprimanding yourself for being such an idiot and were so busy scolding yourself you barely registered the priest's ending prayer.

"May the Lord be with you."

Snapping from your thoughts you raised your hands and mumbled a, "And also with you."

You watched on with slight impatience as the priest ended, "Let's us now go and serve the Lord."

As soon as the priest exited you grabbed your purse and rushed from the Church but you barely made it outside before your elbow was grabbed. You turned around in confusion only to be met with the handsome man that had been seated next to you moments prior.

"You're new to the parish, correct?" he asked with a tender smile.

You blushed darkly and nodded, brushing your hair behind one ear shyly, "N-Ne, I am..." you murmured, your Korean turning choppy thanks to your nervousness.

Siwon caught onto your accent and looked down at you in confusion, "Pardon me if I'm wrong but you aren't even from Korea are you?" 

You shook your head slightly, "I'm here for 2 years to study..."

He whistled lowly, "That's admirable~"

You smiled and bowed your head with a quiet response of, "Thank-you."

Siwon bowed at you before standing upright and offering you his hand, "Choi Siwon."

You bowed back and took his hand, "[Last name] [First Name]."

Siwon watched in pleasant amusement as you blushed and stuttered after holding his hand a little too long. Simply judging from the way your expression never faltered when he said his name you probably knew not of Super Junior and it was nice to see that you were acting this way genuinely because of him and not because he was a part of Korea's number 1 boy band.

"Would you like a tour around the parish, [Name]-ssi?" Siwon asked courteously, his schedule didn't start till after noon, he had the time and if he was being honest, he wanted to spend that extra time with you.

You nodded slowly, a tentative smile gracing your lips as you managed to murmur, "I'd like that," in simple reply.

At that time you never thought that a simple tour around the grounds of a Church would have lead to a friendship with Siwon. Eventually you learned of his celebrity status after you went home and told a friend about your meeting with the man but your view and attitude toward him remained the same, surprisingly enough. 

Though you two became close enough to where you could call him a friend, you never spoke outside of the parish. And thanks to Siwon's hectic schedule, even those meetings were sporadic and rare. Because of all these factors it was rather surprising when said man casually asked you to go to a fair with him one warm Sunday afternoon, granted it was the Church's fair but still.

Despite the surprise of the offer, you agreed to meet with him without a hitch.

When the date arrived, you definitely weren't expecting to be met with Super Junior's van parked in the driveway and every single member of Super Junior on your porch.

Thanks to the shock all you could muster was a quiet and shaky, "H-Hello...?"

Siwon smiled sheepishly, "We don't normally get days off and-"

You raised your hand and laughed a bit, "No need to explain, it's fine, really," and with a nervous smile you turned to the rest of the members and bowed, "Nice to meet you all."

Each member greeted you in their various ways and everyone stood in an awkward silence for a few moments before Heechul spoke up, "Can we hurry up and get over to the Jesus Carnival already?" Siwon started to retort but Heechul was quick to cut him off, "Don't even start with me, Shisus."

Sighing in defeat Siwon led you to the van, the others following after talking happily about what to do at the fair, much like excited kids going to Disneyland for the first time.

The car ride there was a bit awkward but once you set foot on the grounds of the carnival it all vanished and suddenly you were just at the Church carnival with your favorite oppa not your favorite oppa and his super famous band mates.

Well, at least, it was like that for a moment before you got swept away by an eager Eunhyuk and Donghae who just needed a third person to go on a ride with them because they swore it spun more when three people were on, after that you found yourself with Sungmin and Ryeowook at the face painting booth and ended up with a giraffe on your cheek, then somehow you were competing with Kyuhyun at multiple carnival games; before you knew it you were listening to Heechul rant about how much he hated the heat and you couldn't even remember how you ended up winning Yesung  a turtle plushie or eating funnel cake with Shindong or racing Leeteuk down the giant yellow slide.

Before you even noticed the day was gone and the carnival was a beautiful mess of lights under a dark sky...and it all passed without spending a single minute with your 'favorite' oppa. You had taken to sitting on a bench as the guilt set in on your conscience, there was no doubt that you had fun with each and every member but that didn't ease the pain you felt from not spending a single second of the day with Siwon. 

Your self pity party was interrupted though as the oh so familiar voice of Siwon broke through, "[Name]-ah?" You looked up to meet the eyes of Siwon and with a soft half smile you nodded, "...I know everyone's been kind of eager to spend some time with you since we really don't meet too many actual non-celebrities that aren't all 'oppa saranghae' so don't feel bad, just make for it by going on the Ferris wheel with me before they close up?"

The cute, little, boyish smile he wore made it a thousand times sweeter and again you agreed without a moment's hesitation.

The ride came to a stop right when you and Siwon reached the top of the wheel and the moment the motion stopped you leaned around to stare at the beauty of the view you had, "Uwahh~ This is such a pretty view!" you exclaimed, looking over the tops of trees and buildings.

Siwon hummed in agreement, "But I see something prettier~"

You blinked, slowly turning back around, a playful smile on your face, "Was that a cheesy pick-up line I just heard?"

Siwon shrugged, still grinning, "Maybe~"

You laughed a bit and sat back down comfortably next to him with a pleased sigh, "This is really nice..." 

He nodded then sat up a bit straighter, "Wait, what's that over there?"

You turned to follow his gaze but saw nothing and you were about to turn around and notify him of that when a pair of soft, full lips pressed against your own.

You stuttered and blushed for a moment or two when he did pull away and he could only nervously smile in reply to your gestures. After you seemed to breathe normally, Siwon gave end to the silence, "I like you...a  lot, you're perfect, sweet, kind, and, of course...Christian," a laugh, "What I'm trying to say is...will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?"

You barely managed a nod before his lips were on yours again.

Thank you, Jesus.


I know, right? Holy crap. An update?! What is this madness?! 

Aha~ Yeah, so you see...I just kind of got a little behind on this and got distracted by other things and OTL Yeah, no excuses.

To everyone who stuck around and waited for me and my updates, thank you so much. It really means a lot that you guys actually care. You have no clue how much it means. So...thank you for that.

I'm sorry I haven't been here updating and all this. Really. I am. And everyone who requested will be getting a one-shot. I promise. Some of you guys sent in some really cool ideas, no like all of you did so high-five to that. 

I always go in a chronological order as far as requests and when they'll be written go. So uhm, go check it out if you wanna know when yours is coming >.< And also, this is purely run on requests so don't ever feel like you're a burden by requesting, please please please keep on requesting there's no limit to how many times you can do so either.

Oh and as far as the Church scene goes, I've only been to Catholic Masses so that's what I described, forgive me if you expected something different or I don't know orz.

And omfg. I went to SM Town last night and holy bejesus best night ever.  

Sorry, just had to throw that out there.

Thanks again for everything, next up?  Eunhyuk.