Back To Reality

The Return Of Not-So Superman Kwon Jiyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Hi! Good morning! Good morning!" Dara shyly bowed and greeted the ROS crew camping around their house as soon as she went out of her car. She started handing out some packed meals for them and they shyly but thankfully accepted it. It was only five in the morning and was so sure that her boys were still sleeping soundly. She asked the staffs though, to make sure. 

 

"They're still asleep, aren't they? " She heaved a sigh of relief when the crew answered 'Yes'. She was immediately handed with her mic which she effortlessly wore on before going back to her car. 

 

Swiftly but carefully, she carried all the shopping bags and food keepers inside. Some of crews helped her take her things inside the house and she would whisper 'thank you' every now and then. She placed the strawberries they picked in the fridge as well as her mom's strawberry jam which was made especially for Jiyong. She smiled as she recalled how her mother would always deny it defensively everytime she and her sister would saying the strawberries she used for Jiyong's strawberry jam were all bruised and left overs. 

 

Dara turned around when she noticed a camera man following her. 

 

"They slept late didn't they? " she asked but the camera man shook his head. 

 

"Only Jiyong-ssi,"

 

"Oh... So the kids slept early? Good to know that. I wonder what made Jiyong stay up late. He didn't plan anything stupid,  didn't he?" Dara asked and the man just laughed. 

 

"Please have your breakfast first," Dara said with a light laugh, trying to shoo away the crew because she was getting conscious about being followed around while whipping up some breakfast for her family. She realized that her efforts to escape the prying lenses of the cameras around her were useless so she tried her best to ignore their presence and quickly prepared a hearty meal for her boys first through she had been itching to go upstairs and see them. 

 

It was after more than an hour when she finished cooking and cleaning the kitchen. She washed her hands and removed her apron and once again,  the camera man followed her. 

 

"You must be so tired doing that for two consecutive days,  aigoo," she told the man with a modest smile as she went upstairs with excitement.  

 

Finally,  she'll get to see her sons and husband again.  It's only been two days but she couldn't deny how sleepless she's been just for she's been missing and worrying about them all along. 

 

She bit her lip as she held onto the door knob but it made her furrow her brows when she noticed that the door was locked. 

 

"Why is this locked?" Dara wondered for they have never locked the triplets' room ever. She turned to the camera man behind her only to earn herself a shrug from the man. 

 

"Ji? " Dara started calling out Jiyong in a controlled voice while knocking lightly on the door. "Yah...  kwon Jiyong,"

 

Dara waited for a response but nothing came.  "Aisht. What's wrong with him? Why did he lock the door? "

 

Dara decided to go to their room just across and find her keys but before she could even turn the knob,  she heard a few soft giggles inside. She bit her lip. She knows her sons' voices and it seems like they were already up and awake. Why did they sleep here and not in their room? Dara wondered about it. 

 

She tried to contain her smile and pushed the door open but what made her drop in surprise was the sight of her sons still in their pyjamas, each of them holding a banner. 

 

"Welcome home,  eomma!" Yong il said while holding the banner up, his face split to a wide smile. 

 

"Oh Yong il-ah, thank you!" Dara chuckled at her son's cuteness. 

 

"Eomma we mitt youuu!" Yongdu raised his banner making her smile even wider.

 

"I missed you too! So much! "

 

"Eomma,  Eomma!  Taranghaeyoooo!" Yongse didn't bother raising his banner but instead lifted his arms and made a heart sign over his head making his mom laugh.

 

"Aigoo! I love you more! " Dara walked towards her sons and hugged them.  "Give eomma some kiss,"

 

The triplets made sure not to leave any inch of their mom's face unkissed as they rained smooches and hugs and 'I love you's' to their mom.

 

"W-w-ait boys... Where's appa? "

 

"Appa? Appa went there— huh? "

 

The triplets dropped their mouths open in unison when a masked man in blue  with a red cape appeared from the rest room. 

 

"IT'S NOT A BIRD IT'S NOT A PLANE! IT'S... "

 

"APPAAA!!! "

 

Jiyong snapped his head at his sons in disbelief. He has taught them what to say but the three broke his expectations again. 

 

"Yah. You're supposed to say it's Superman.  Superman! Not appa! Why are you being like that?"

 

"You're appa! Kkk! " Yong il giggled along with his brothers, while Dara was having second hand embarrassment from what Jiyong was doing. 

 

"Aisht. Anyway, I heard someone's looking for your appa. Is it you? " Jiyong turned to Dara who was bursting in laughter. 

 

"Yah.  Why are you doing this? " Dara laughed some more while clutching her stomach. "Fine,  Superman! I'm looking for my husband. My sons' father, have you seen him? " Dara decided to tag along. 

 

"Ooh,  you must have missed your husband so much, " Jiyong teased Dara making her roll her eyes. 

 

"How about you, boys? Do you want your appa back? " Superman'asked the triplets. 

 

"Aniyo! We want Tooperman! " Yongse naughtily answered making Jiyong slump his shoulders in defeat. 

 

"YAH!"

 

"Kwon Jiyong stop being silly! " Dara stood up and went towards the sulking Superman. 

 

"Kkkkk!  Tooperman mad! Kkk. " Yongdu giggled. 

 

"So nobody wants appa back? "

 

"Me! Yong illleeee want appa back! Tooperman give appa back juteyooo! "

 

Jiyong grinned and pointed at Yong il proudly.  "I know I can always count on you, Yong il. Thank you, " he smirked before clearing his throat.

 

"Eherrm. If you are good boys and if you want appa back,  you have to close your eyes first. Do you understand? "

 

"NEH!!! " the three answered. 

 

"Now close your eyes. Close your eyes and do not open them unless I tell you to." 

 

The three immediately did as they were told and as soon as they shut their eyes,  'Tooperman'dragged Dara to their walk in closet. 

 

"Welcome home," Tooperman was catching his breath as he cupped his wife's face but Dara immediately swatted his hands away. 

 

"Only my husband can hold me like that. Can I get him back now? " Dara said and Jiyong immediately took his mask and cape off and before Dara could react some more,  he was already able to pull her to him and kiss her lips.

 

"Welcome home,  baby, " Jiyong said before kissing her some more. "I missed you so much."

 

Dara blushed when she caught a glimpse of the camera man behind them through the mirror and quickly buried her face in her husband's chest.

 

"That's going to be aired, Jiyong!"

 

"I don't mind." Jiyong shrugged earning himself a hit on the chest. He laughed at his wife. "Wait,  I'll go get changed. The boys are waiting,"

 

Dara nodded and went back to see her sons who were then still trying to keep their eyes closed. 

 

"Keep your eyes closed,  boys,  and call for appa! "

 

"APPA!!! " the three chanted. 

 

"Appa come here! Hurry up!" Yongse started to peep, good thing Jiyong was already running towards them,  back in his pair of shorts and white tee. 

 

"Open your eyes at the count of three— one,  two, three! "

 

"APPA! " the boys excitedly ran towards Jiyong and Dara. "APPA IT BACK!!! "

 

"Jiyong... By the way, were you guys already awake earlier or you really slept here in our room? The boys' room was locked." Dara finally got to ask Jiyong. 

 

"Ahh that. I really locked their room and decided to make them sleep here last night."

 

"Why? "

 

"It's because I'm not confident that these guys will wake me up or at least give me signals once you arrive, " Jiyong pointed at the camera man.  "So I thought the first place you are going to check out was the boys' room. If we sleep there, you're going to surprise us before we could even surprise you. So I decided we should sleep here and lock the other room so that when you knock at their room I'll know you're home already."

 

Dara nodded and bent down to carry Yongse, while Jiyong carried Yong  il and Yongdu. 

 

"And the costume? "

 

"Ah this... I asked for Seunghyun hyung's help. I asked him to find me this costume and have ot delivered here last night. I waited for this till midnight! " Jiyong proudly said. 

 

"Now that explains why you slept late."

 

"How did you know? "

 

"He told me," Dara pointed at the camera man making Jiyong glare at the man. 

 

"Ahh you're unbelievable! I always ask you and get nothing as an answer but you were able to inform my wife I slept late. Aaah chincha! " Jiyong nagged at the camera man jokingly.

 

"Aisht,  stop it. Let's go downstairs and have some breakfast." Dara swatted Jiyong's arm and took the lead out of the room. "Oh... We picked lots of strawberries by the way. The kids will love it."

 

"YEHEY! ITRAWBEWEET!!! " Yongse pumped his fists and kissed her mom non stop. Dara laughed at her son and kissed him back but he sensed Jiyong started to stay silent at the mention of her mother.

 

Dara chuckled. "Eomma sent you something too," she said,  which made Jiyong's face lighten up a bit. 

 

"Really? "

 

"She made some strawberry jam for you since you like sweets. You should call her up a s thank her, "

 

"Oh definitely! I will! But... Ugh... Yeobo... Was eomonim sick or something? "

 

"Huh? " Dara was about to go down the stairs when Jiyong suddenly asked her.  "No she's not. Why did you ask? "

 

"Because I don't think it's normal for her to think about me! "

 

"Yah! Aisht, Jiyong-ah!" Dara scowled at Jiyong making the triplets giggle. 

 

"Hey,  don't be mad, the kids are watching." Jiyong pouted at his wife. "Besides... You know eomonim is really... You know... Hard on me. Up until now she gives me goosebumps..."

 

Dara tiptoed and kissed her husband on his cheek. "Hey... You've proven yourself to her and she just don't show it but she likes you. She even told us you're a family. She even scolded me and Durami when we played with your strawberries. She's just like that, Jiyong. But she loves you too." Dara tried to cheer Jiyong up but the latter just answered with a sigh. 

 

"Yong il,  Yongdu-ah,  Yongse-ah. Look at appa." Dara told the boys but the three suddenly started to wriggle in their arms uncomfortably.

 

Everyone, please cheer for your appa!" she told the boys but Yongdu suddenly tapped his father. 

 

"Appa..."

 

"Hmm? " Jiyong faced his son expectantly 

 

"I pooped."

 

"Me too appa, " Yong il seconded. 

 

"Appa, Yongte goin to poop too! "

 

"Oh no,  not again!!! " Jiyong cried out making Dara roar in laughter. 

 

"Aisht you guys are terrifying your father,  hahaha! " Dara ruffled Yong il and Yongdu's hair and turned around to head back to the rest room. "Jiyong-ah, just help me take the boys to the rest room then I'll take care of them,"

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter