One Poke Away

The Return Of Not-So Superman Kwon Jiyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stretching his limbs as he let out a moan of satisfaction, Jiyong smiled like a fool with his eyes closed. Dara was on a break that day and she made an arrangement so that they could meet their friends but unfortunately, everyone seemed busy cause it's a weekday. Some of them were still in Japan, some were out of town,  all doing their own stuff. They made a promise to Dara though, that they will organize a party for everyone on the coming weekend, and Dara laughed at the thought.

These guys won't simply just go for a chat over coffee. They'd definitely provide a party.


It was fortunate though, on Jiyong's part. He was the most delighted about the news. He was able to get his wife all for him since his sister-in-law visited the triplets in their home. He immediately booked a flight to Jeju and though his wife hesitated to leave the kids, he insisted that she really needed to take a break from work and her household duties. He also asked her to spare him some time, like a kid asking for a candy, and who was her wife to say no after his surprise?

 

FLASHBACK:

 

"Jiyong-ah! Where are you taking me???" Dara carried her bulky skirt when Jiyong started leading her to their car. She looked around, scared that they were still being filmed, and somehow, she was relieved to find no one following them.

"Ji-" she was scared now. What if Jiyong was thinking of doing something inappropriate??? She panicked at the thought. It's enough that they've done it a few times before when they were still dating and crazy. They were still a bit younger then, especially Jiyong, and he's a man full of vigor, and raging hormones and cravings for it. He gets excited too quickly, even now. And once he starts, God knows it would be so damn hard to say no to him.

But car at that point??? In that place???

 She pulled away from him with all her might making him turn around to face her.

"Babe?"

"Jiyong-ah," she realized they were already in front of their car when she looked around once more. She sighed and cupped his face making him furrow his brows.

"Ji... Calm down," she spoke in a soft manner as if taming a wild cat...-err... Dragon. "Breathe in, breathe out."

"What are you doing, baby?" he tilted his head but Dara held his face and made sure he was only looking at her.

"Just... Please, calm down. This is not the right place. This is not the right time..."

"Huh?" Jiyong wondered. He looked up and around and shrugged. "But it is!"

"Yah, Kwon Jiyong!"

"Whatever happened to oppa~?" he pouted making her roll her eyes.

"Op-pa... Fine. Geez," Dara breathed.  "Come on, go back to your senses. We can't do it here."

"What do you mean we can't? We can! Of course, we can. You can! If you don't like it here, then let's find some better place. You can't say no, babe," Jiyong raised his voice a bit before he turned around to open the car door.

"No!" she shrieked making Jiyong stiff for a while and when he faced her once more, he was already carrying three lunch bags. Dara had to blink a couple of times at the stuff.

"Now where do you want to have your breakfast if not here? Geez... I can't believe we're arguing about this." Jiyong said with so much disappointment. "I even brought the tonic drink eomma has sent me for you."

Dara could only hang open upon realization that she was so, so wrong with her thoughts.

"Y-y-ou dragged me here... For food?"

"Of course! Is there any other reason? You are working day and night. What kind of husband would I be if I dont worry about you? You asked me why I only had sandwich? How do I eat a proper meal when you're out here in the cold? I'm always worried about you! You know that!"

Surprised but could just smile proudly, Dara flung her arms around him and hugged him tightly. " I'm so proud of you, Ji!!!"

"Huh?"

"You've grown up. You finally did!"

"Baby... What's wrong? What did I do?"

"I was so worried earlier because I thought you took me here for-" Dara felt her cheeks blushing at the thought. How dirty could her mind be for thinking that way? Jiyong would for a lifetime if he learns about what she was thinking earlier so she just shook her head. "Nothing..." she answered.

Jiyong pulled away a bit so he could see her face. "Nothing? You panicked over nothing?"

"Sorry. It was just a misunderstanding," Dara gave him a sheepish grin. "Now, let's go. Let's eat with the kids." Dara spun around to hide her face but Jiyong was quick to yank her back to him.

"Wait!" he scanned her face and soon he was grinning from ear to ear, making Dara feel a whole lot worse.

"I know that look on your face, baby. Were you..." Jiyong squinted his eyes at her. "Were you, perhaps, thinking of something lewd inside your head, now, yeobo?"

Dara could just limp down in embarrassment and if not for Jiyong's arms, she would have fell down the ground. She avoided his gaze and kept looking down.

"Hahaha! Baby! For real? You really thought... Hahaha!"

"Stop laughing!" Dara finally was able to glare at him but when Jiyong did as she said, she looked away once more.

"Aigoo... Why are you so cute? Huh?" Jiyong finally let her go and pinched her left cheek. "So adorable."

"Stop teasing me!"

" I'm not teasing you," Jiyong chuckled. "Well, figures out why you were trying to calm me down. Haha! Now that you thought of it, hmm... Maybe we can consider, right?"

"Yah!!!"

"Why? It's chilly and no one's around... And it's gonna be hell exciting!" Jiyong teased a little bit more but seeing that his wife has turned beet red, he instantly hugged her and kissed the top of her head. "Kidding. No matter how as hell I am, of course, I'd always consider you first. Okay?"

"Have I deprived you that much?" Dara asked worriedly and he felt her husband nod. She buried her face in his chest and nuzzled his scent. "I'm sorry. But I promise... I'll make it up to you as soon as I'm free."

"Aisht, no need to make promises. You know I'm only one poke away." Jiyong pulled away and wriggled his eyebrows mischievously making his wife crack up.

Yeh, yeh, Jeoha! she giggled and took a closer look at her handsome man in a kings garb. You look so good in that.


I know, Jiyong answered with a smug grin. And you look absolutely beautiful in that hanbok, agishi,


I know, too, she retorted with equal pride.


"Thats why Im dying knowing that you have all sorts of quite romantic scenes in this movie. Oops! Jiyong raised his hand to stop her when she opened to speak. I understand its part of your job but please dont give me too much details while Im here. Who knows I might go crazy again. Jiyong said making Dara purse her lips. Jiyong sighed and  pinched her cheek.  No, but seriously. You have to eat now. Don't worry about me. Okay? I understand. Now let's find a good place somewhere."

"Why don't we eat with the kids, Ji?"

"Nope. Not a chance. They'll just end up consuming your energy before you can even get a bite."

"But I miss them so bad."

"Finish your meal and then let's pick the boys up and greet the director and staff," Jiyong said and soon he was rewarded with a peck on his lips.

"You're the best!"

"Only for you,"

 

-END OF FLASHBACK-

 

 

Jiyong fluttered his eyes open and the afternoon glow of sunset hit his eyes. He saw the feathery curtains flowing as the scent of the ocean breeze hit his senses. He looked around only to find his wife walking to and fro by the balcony, still engaged in a conversation on her phone. He stood up and walked out of the room, and in no time, he was behind her, his arms circled her waist as he landed a kiss on her neck before resting his chin on her shoulder. 

Dara chuckled a little. Oh, appas awake now. Do you want to talk to him? Dara asked who seemed to be one of the triplets on the other line while caressing Jiyongs cheek. Yah, kids, dont fight!


Whos fighting huh? Whoever starts a fight wont get a surprise when eomma and appa comes home! Jiyong shouted making the triplets go silent. Hello? Jiyong straightened up when Dara handed the phone to him. Hello? Who started a fight? Who? Jiyong asked. Ahh So no one started the fight. Good. Boys, dont fight okay? Eomma and appa will be back there tonight so please, take good care of each other and dont give Aunt Durami a hard time. Love you boys. Uhmhwah!" Jiyong kissed Dara's phone and listened to check if the kids were still on the line but they already put the phone down.


"Aigoo. I miss them," Jiyong hugged Dara once more. "Hey, why are you up so early by the way? You should get some more rest."

"I just went to the bathroom earlier and then I couldn't go back to sleep. I've had enough rest, Ji. Don't worry."

Jiyong spun her around and while his other hand went immediately around her waist, the other cupped her face. "Are you sure?" He asked worried that she looked quite pale. Did he tire her that much last night? He felt guilty. 

"I'm fine,"  his wife nodded.

"I love you," he said, his gaze never leaving hers as if waiting for her response

"I love you too." she tiptoed to kiss him full on his lips. "Come on, Ji. Go take a shower so we can grab some breakfast at Monsant before picking some tangerines."

Jiyong pouted. "Must we really go now?"

"As much as I love staying here with you, we really should start moving. Come on, lazy !" Dara playfully slapped his making him jump a bit.

"Yah! If you wanna get going, you should not have done that! Are you declaring war, Mrs. Kwon?"

Dara giggled and raised her hands in surrender. "Oops... Sorry!"

"Yah come here!" Jiyong started running after her Dara kept screaming, as she hopped and avoided Jiyong

"No! I can't run right now! Kwon Jiyong!" she looked worried now but Jiyong was relentless. He scooped her up in his arms and took her to the shower with him. "I just had a shower, you know!"

"But you had a shower without me! And that's not acceptable!!!"

"Yah Kwon Jiyong! Put me down!"

"Not a chance!"

"Wait! Jiyong-ah, not so rough-"

 

***********

 


Days after spending some private time with the love of his life, Jiyong would always get up early. He made sure to prepare breakfast for his wife so that she eats at least a proper meal before going to her work. He was worried about her even if he knows shes been trying so hard to be her usual self.

He found her talking to someone on the phone a couple of times yesterday. He also noticed her trying to lock herself in the bathroom a few times. Whoever it was on the other line, that person would have probably choked themselves to death a lot of times because Jiyong cursed them so bad in his head out of jealousy and annoyance. They had a great time, right, but he noticed she was quite trying to be distant during and she would always tell him to be gentle that it almost scared him if hes hurting her. Adding all these to her sudden mood swings made him wonder a lot. Dara has been so  weird lately that it bothered him. He blamed her tight filming schedule but he knew arguing with her about it was never an option so he just decided to make sure she gets proper meal on the set, and enough rest at home.

But today, out of all the others was special to him. Today is Dara's last day of shoot and tonight will be the film actors and crew's wrap up party. Finally, he thought, he only has to bear with her TV guestings and those are so much better than 24-hour or sometimes even overnight filming.

He walked her outside when the YG crew came to pick her up and he told her to make sure to call him when they're gonna be done so he could pick her up. 


"Make sure to play with the boys, Ji. Don't lock yourself inside your studio. Please," Dara reminded him.


"Yes, ma'am! In fact, I'm planning to drop by PMO HQ today. With the boys." he announced, knowing that itll please her.


"Really?"

"I don't want to feel like a house husband anymore, you know. I need to earn us some money too."

"I'm sorry if I'm making you feel that way Ji," Dara rubbed his arm and consoled him. "But seriously, even if youre earning more than enough just by sitting around, you really have to check your business and properties. It's been what, a month since you last visited your office. Working at home is good but you should show your presence to your staff as well and give them a boost."

"Yup. It's just that I've felt so convenient working here and spending time with you. But this time, I'll really take the boys with me."

"Will you be fine?"

"Of course. I'll take good care of them so don't worry,"

"Hey, I'm not just worried about the kids. You know I'm worrie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter