A SWEET SURPRISE

The Return Of Not-So Superman Kwon Jiyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"APPAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

 

 

Jiyong quickly scampered up upon hearing Minguk's voice which was louder than his usual morning alarm. He glanced up at the wall clock and he scratched his head when he realized it was already past 8 in the morning.

 

"Appa, I changed my pants already! Wake up juteyooo!" It was Yong il. Jiyong was about to stand up but the boy jumped on his back and clung onto him making him fall back to the mattress.

 

"Ouch! Yah! My back!" Jiyong rolled down in pain and Yong il quickly ran away.

 

"Ittop itleeping appa! The tun it high up! Look!!!" Yongdu who has already disposed his diaper wore his pants up to his . He let out a sigh and gave up when he couldn't go further up, and quickly he started hopping towards the glass panelled walls and pulled the curtains apart. "Look!"

 

"Wah! Daebak!" Yong il stood up and went beside Yongdu to admire the view overlooking the blue sea. "To beautiful!"

 

"Tsch," Jiyong laughed at his sons acting like grown up boys. He started folding the blankets when he finally noticed something. "Yah. Where is Yongse???"

 

"Huh?" Yong il wondered and looked around. "Yongte-ah!"

 

"Yongte it with tamchonie," Yongdu explained, pointing outside their bedroom.

 

"Appa! Yongil helped Yongte poop!"

 

"You did?" Jiyong was on his way out of the room to check out Yongse. "Aw what a good boy, Yong il-ah,"

 

"Nothing came out though," Yong il sighed and walked lazily towards his father.

 

"Don't worry Yong illieee. Tamchonie it helping Yongte right now." Yongse patted Yong il's back but his words made his father widen his eyes in shock.

 

"Aisssht! Yaaaah! Yongse-ah!"

 

 

***************

 

"Sorry about it. I'm really sorry," Jiyong bowed apologetically to the camera man inside the tent. He ran a palm down his face before checking out Yongse's diaper but there was only pee in it. He peeled it off from the boy and stood up to carry him in his arms.

 

"I think he's constipated." The cameraman said. "That must have been really frustrating."

 

"My wife told me he is. Aisht. I forgot to give him some yogurt last night." Jiyong slapped his wide forehead. "Anyway, thank you for looking after him. I'm really sorry."

 

After cleaning the boys up and fixing the beddings, Jiyong left them in the living room and went to find something for breakfast.

 

"Appa... Are you going to make tumting delichut???" Yong il asked.

 

"Neh... Wait a minute and I will bring Yong il, Yongdu, Yongte something really tasty," Jiyong answered proudly from the kitchen.

 

"Chincha?" Yongte doubted.

 

"Neh. For real!" Jiyong retorted before filling the pot with water. "Aisht... I hope your mom won't scold me for this." he laughed. "But I don't have any choice, do I?" he mumbled all to himself as he continuously busied himself. He boiled the water in the pot and rummaged through the plastic bag he earlier got from his bag.

 

"Aisht. Good thing I brought some of these from home."

 

"Appa! Yongdu it hungry! Make it quick juteyooo!"

 

"Neh..." Jiyong answered. He took three bottles of yogurt drinks and inserted a straw in each of it. "Come here, everyone! I'll give you yogurt first."

 

The three boys quickly gathered around him and reached out for their bottles of yogurt. "Wait for your breakfast in that seat." Jiyong pointed at the long white couch in the living room. "Get along and play, okay?"

 

"NEH!!!" the three quickly ran away and went back to their seats. 

 

Jiyong smiled, finally content at how peaceful it has been going except for Yongse having a hard time taking a dump. He went back to check the water in the pot.

 

"You seem very confident about today's breakfast. What are you cooking?" the camera man asked. Jiyong immediately faced him with his index finger on his lips telling the man to hush.

 

"Please edit this out on the next episode. I'm begging you." He laughed helplessly as he begged. "Please... It's the first time they're going to have instant ramyun. My wife is going to kill me!"

 

"They haven' tasted it yet?"

 

"Yeah. My wife only feeds them healthy foods. But the thing is I don't have anything inside the fridge yet I'm afraid we have to hit the market after this so that we can have a decent lunch."

 

"I can't promise you about editing this part out because it's actually the producer's decision."

 

" l'll talk him!"

 

The camera man could just laugh at Jiyong who was really desperately while filming him. He scratched his head and was distracted when they heard the stove sizzle, the water in the pot boiling rapidly.

 

"Excuse me!" Jiyong excused himself and cooked the only food he has for the kids.

 

Five more minutes and he was cooling three bowls by blowing on it alternately. When he called the triplets, they quickly ran towards him. Jiyong sat them down one by one on their chairs and knelt in front of the boys.

 

"Go on. Indulge." he told the boys who didn't actually need to be told again. They grabbed their forks and dug in.

 

"Hmmmm yummy!!!" Yongse pumped his arms and grinned at Jiyong.

 

"Is it?"

 

"Neh! It there more?" Yongdu asked, looking at the pot behind Jiyong. "Appa do you have more?"

 

"Hmm... I'm give you more if you promise me one thing." Jiyong eyed his sons and the promise of more food made the three listen carefully.

 

"Keep this food a secret."

 

"Huh?" Yong il tilted his head ans wondered. "A tecret?"

 

"Yes. A big secret! Especially to eomma!" Jiyong snapped his fingers.

 

"A tecret to eomma? But eomma taid we chouldnt keep tecrets fro her!" Yongte protested.

 

"Yah..." Jiyong glared at his sons."Do you want this food or not?" he was about to take it away but Yongse was quick to hug his bowl tightly.

 

"Andwae! Andwae!" the boy cried out.

 

"Appa don't make Yongte cry!" Yongdu told Jiyong as he pushed him away. "Appa hajimaaa!"

 

"Fine!" Jiyong faced his kids once more. "So, are you going to keep this a secret then?"

 

"NEEHHH!!!"

 

"Good boys!"

 

"Appa... By the way, what it thit delichout thing cold?" Yong il asked, stabbing and twirling his fork into his noodles.

 

"Ah, ramyeon... That's instant noodles."

 

"Oooh... Lamyeon..." the three nodded in unison as if very pleased customers.

 

"But if eomma asks you suddenly... Yongse-ah! What did you eat for breakfast? What will you say?"

 

"Teeecret!" Yongse answered cheerfully.

 

"We ate tecret for breakfat!" Yongdu chuckled as he took a mouthful of noodles.

 

"Neh! Tecret it tooo yummy!"

 

"Ah, very good boys. Now eat up. If you finish that I'll give you some more."

 

***************

 

After their secret breakfast, the father and sons headed to th nearest grocery store to buy something more decent and healthy to eat for lunch before sending off the ROS staff and for their own stay in their Jeju home. Jiyong was thinking of staying a bit longer in Jeju and tell about it to his wife but even after numerous attempts, he still now couldn't contact her.

 

He frowned at his phone and wondered.

 

"Appa let gooo! Buy Yong il, Yongdu, Yongte yogurt juteyoo!" Yongdu requested.

 

"Banana! Banana!" Yong il raised his hand.

 

"Chocolate appa!" Yongte said but their father was zoning out.

 

"Appa!!!" the three started to whine and Jiyong hurriedly let go of his shopping cart to fish out some cash from his pocket.

 

"Here..." he handed the boys some money one by one. "Buy what you want okay? I'll just try to call eomma again."

 

"NEEEH!"

 

 

And so the triplets' escapade has begun with three ROS staffs trailing behind them.

 

" I'm going here firt! Yongte-ah, wait for me!" Yongdu patted Yongse's back and headed towards the rack of bread. " I'm going to buy hana... Dul... Tet... Hana... Dul... Tet..." he kept counting his fingers but couldn't get past three. "Imo... I want tum bread juteyo. One for Yong il, one for Yongdu, and one for Yongte!"

 

"Aigoo... You talk so well. Which do you like?" the delighted middle aged woman approached him.

 

"Thit one." 

 

"Okay, wait for a while..."

 

"Uhm... Imo..." Yongdu suddenly pondered on something when he saw some cake slices on top of the bread rack. "Imo! That one too! That one!"

 

"This cake?"

 

"Neh. The one with ittrawbewwy!"

 

"Okay. Here you go."

 

"Kamsahamnidaaa!" Yongdu bowed cheerfully and went to find his brothers to here he last left them but he was surprised when they weren't there anymore. He asked the camera man behind him but couldn't get any answers so he decided to roam around some more.

 

Yong il, on the other hand went back to stay with his dad. He noticed how anxious his father has been and he sat down on the floor while silently waiting for him. He followed his dad with his eyes and he would purse his lips whenever he hears him mumble irritatedly. It was when Jiyong finally shoved his phone back into his pocket that he realized his eldest son was watching him.

 

"Yong il-ah... What are you doing here? Didn't you see anything you like?" Jiyong knelt down and ruffled the boy's hair and the boy just shook his head.

 

"Appa... Gwaenchana?" He asked, surprising his father for a moment, but Jiyong sensed the worry in the child's voice. He forced a smile and pinched his cheeks

 

"Gwaenchana." he nodded. "If Yong Il would give me a kiss then I'll feel even better!"

 

Yong il giggled and stood up, not even hesitating to kiss his dad. Jiyong then carried him up and placed him into the half filled shopping cart.

 

"Come. Let's look for your brothers. Did you see where they went to?"

 

"Bwead! Yongdu want bwead!"

 

"Okay then let's check out the bread section." Jiyong said. Shoppers have been giving them glances and instead of hiding in his cap, he would face and wave at them to greet them. ROS and the grocery store's staffs were quick to give them security as much as needed.

 

Jiyong grabbed everything on his lists too while looking for Yongdu and Yongse, from fruits and vegetables, to meat, and condiments, but when they reached the bread section, they could not find Yongdu there anymore. The saleswoman pointed him to the cornermost section politely and he quickly thanked her.

 

"Aisht... Your brothers are probably having the time of their lives, what do you think, Yong il ah?"

 

"Appa yogurt..." Yong il finally found something he likes and Jiyong immediately bought a dozen.

 

"Share with your brothers, okay?"

 

"Neh."

 

"You bought a lot today." The camera man commented.

 

"Why... Is it too much? It's for all of us though. I'm cooking for us  this before you leave."

 

"So you know how to cook?"

 

Jiyong was taken aback for a moment and he sighed before stretching his lips to as a silly grin. He scratched his nape and chuckled. "I can always try... Anything's possible of you put your everything into it."

 

Now it was the camera man's turn to scratch his head. They were about to continue walking to where Yongdu went but they were surprised when the boy suddenly came running towards them.

 

"Appa! Appa!" Yongdu was in a rush that it made Jiyong worry.

 

"Why? What is it?"

 

"Appa,Yongte!"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter