Daddy Jiyong

The Return Of Not-So Superman Kwon Jiyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week before the first taping...

 

 

 

Dashing into the hallway to YG's office as soon as the lift opened, Jiyong was already clenching his fists, his teeth gritted. The news he received earlier made him went ballistic and he was so mad that he had to cancel the family trip to his parents' place leaving Dara and the kids wondering why.

 

"The Return of Superman? He must be kidding me!!!" Jiyong huffed as he walked past Hyun Suk's secretary.

 

"Oh, Jiyong-shi. You're early. Good morning—" the secretary stood up to greet him but Jiyong quickly barged into the room to her horror. "Kwon Jiyong-shi!!! Sajangnim is still talking to—"

 

She sprinted towards the door but when she reached it, it was too late. Jiyong was already frozen to his spot, dumbfounded to see that Hyun Suk was already talking to some people who were kind of familiar— the Executive Producer of KBS and the head producer of The Return of Superman.

 

Jiyong quickly stepped back and bowed deeply.

 

"I'm sorry! I didn't know. I better be going. I'll just come back—"

 

"Oh Jiyong! You're early. Aigoo. Come in! Come in!" Hyun Suk stood up and walked towards him to welcome him into his office.

 

"What the hell are you trying to do hyung???" Jiyong angrily hissed. "I am supposed to go on a trip with my wife and kids—"

 

"Have I not made myself clear, Jiyong?" Hyun Suk gritted his teeth but when he looked around and saw the producers watching them with curiosity, he immediately flashed his megawatt smile. "See... Our G-Dragon is very prompt. He hates to be late." 

 

"Ah... We are very much aware how professional he is."

 

"Please excuse us for a moment," Hyun Suk forced a smile at the men.

 

"Hyung..." Jiyong whined but Hyun Suk quickly dragged him to a corner.

 

"Look here, fool. Listen to me. Don't your fans even matter to you anymore, huh? Well your wife is different. I wish I could talk to Dara because I know it would be easy to make her understand this matter but on the other hand I know what her answer would be. No. She is going to say no to all the offers for her because her beloved husband does not want to share her to anyone. How much more childish could you get, Jiyong?"

 

"We've talked about this hyung..."

 

"You told me three years Jiyong. Three years and you and Dara will be active again. I allowed three years to pass by with you just writing songs anytime you just want to and nothing more even you are still tied in a contract. This is not about money anymore, Jiyong. Don't you even realize how bad your wife wants to come back in the business? How in demand you both are?"

 

Jiyong just ran his palm down his face, switching his gaze at the visitors and the man before him.  Surely, he owes him a lot. 

 

But does Dara really wanted to come back? How come she did not tell him about it? Well they have talked about it before but he told her she doesn't have to work. Being in the business for so long, he grew tired of having to show himself in public but it seems they had a misunderstanding right there. Does she really love acting so much?

 

But how about him?  He asked himself. Why can't he totally leave his music career? Why does he still keep on writing songs? 

 

It's because he loves doing it. 

 

It made him mad at himself. How could he not know his own wife? How could he not notice when everyone around had been telling him about it?

 

"Just do this show, just this once, hear me. People are dying to know what happened to G-Dragon and his family."

 

"This might feel unfair to her." Jiyong said, his voice now low and calm after somehow realizing what he has done and how grave the situation  has become. "Is there any upcoming projects for her?"

 

"A photoshoot and nothing more. You have turned down everything, Jiyong,"

 

"," he mouthed. "I'll convince her with the shoot. I'll just have to call her about this show you're offering me,"

 

"I was not offering it to you. You are under my agency. I signed it already. You're doing it."

 

"What??? Hyung!"

 

"Trust me, Jiyong. Just trust me on this."

 

 

************

 

"Baby... I'm sorry I might not be able to get home on time. Let's cancel the trip for now. I have a meeting with the staff and producer of a show in KBS..."

 

"KBS? Oh..." The other line went silent for a moment and it added more to his guilt. "What show? I didn't know you signed for it,"

 

"No, babe. Don't get me wrong." Jiyong heaved a sigh and rested his head against the wall, bumping his forehead against the hard pack of concrete. "I was surprised too. Hyung signed me up for it."

 

"Oh... But you said the kids will have to appear too right?"

 

"No, wait. If you don't want me and the kids do this, I will tell hyung to cancel it. They're still here. I can talk to them. We still have to arrange the necessary permits for the kids. That's too much work to do—"

 

"No... I'm fine with it. Don't worry,  Ji. I think the kids will be fine. Besides the shoot will only be held two days in every month. I think we can make arrangements for it."

 

"Dara... "

 

"I've been checking out our SNS and it seems your fans really miss you so much." Dara chuckled. "Don't worry about us, hubby! Daddy Yong, fighting!!!" Dara cheered making Jiyong straighten up with a foolish smile on his face and soon he could hear Dara calling the boys to cheer for him as well.

 

"I'll put you on speaker wait. Yong-il, Yongdu, Yongse ah... Come here! Hurry! Uhm... We have an urgent situation right now."

 

"Waeyooo eomma?" Jiyong heard Yongdu ask.

 

"Everyone, listen. Hmm... Your appa... He cannot come home on time. Let's just visit halmeoni and harabeoji next time, okay? Appa is working right now. Say good luck to appa quick!"

 

"Appa? Where are you? Fighting!" It was Yong-il shyly mumbling his words. Jiyong smiled at his eldest son.

 

"Neh Yong-il. Thank you. Be good to your dongsaengs, neh? Help omma take care of them for appa, okay?"

 

"Neh!"

 

"Yongdu-ah... Cheer for appa come here," Dara called Yongdu but the boy just giggled mischievously.

 

"Andwae!"

 

"Yah, Yongdu ah..."

 

Jiyong chuckled when he heard the second to the eldest teasing him on the other line.

 

"Appa come home now ppalli," Yongdu said which left a pinch of guilt in Jiyong. "We are all ready,"

 

"I'm sorry, son... Appa cannot bring you to harabeoji and halmeoni's place today."

 

"Waeyoo?" It was Yongse asking like the curious boy that he is. "Appaaaaa...  Come home quickly juteyo! Yong-il, Yongdu and Yongte want to go to halmeoni and halabeoji!"

 

"Yongse-ah... Appa can't really make it. I'm sorry. What do you guys want so appa can make it up to you?"

 

"Chocolate!" Yongse answered quickly. "Jut like what uncle Wiwi gave ut!"

 

"No more chocolates for now, sweetie," Dara told the boys before talking once more to Jiyong. "Just come home early and spend time with your sons, Ji. I'll call eomoni and abeoji to let them know about our change of plans."

 

"I'm really sorry, baby."

 

"Don't be. I understand. The boys understand too, right kids?"

 

"Aniyo!" the triplets answered  in chorus making Jiyong laugh. The three giggled when they heard their father on the other line.

 

"Appa fighting!" Yongdu said which Yongse seconded.

 

"Fighting!"

 

"Thank you sons. Appa is really sorry."

 

"Appa taranghaeyooo!" Yong il said before smooching on Dara's phone.

 

"I love you so much more!" Jiyong answered, completely smitten by his sons... And surely by his wife. "Yong-il ah, Yongdu ah, Yongse ah... Please kiss omma for appa. Don't give her a hard time, okay?"

 

"Neh!!!"

 

"I gotta go,"

 

"Ji... Call me when you're done there okay?"

 

"Of course. Love you much baby. Bye,"

 

 

********************

 

"Minzy badly wanted to drop by but she's busy with her rehearsals. You know her second single is coming out soon." Bom said as she stood beside Dara who was busily preparing dinner with the household helps. The triplets were in their bedroom, still having their afternoon nap and Bom just arrived with a bagful of toys for her godchildren.

 

"I won't be surprised. She keeps on telling me she wants to meet the boys. Too bad she wasn't at YG yet when we went there yesterday." Dara said, carefully slicing the onions and peppers. 

 

"It's your sons' fault," Bom quipped. "They're too adorable. Gosh. Tabi always talks about them. "

 

"He likes kids, that's why. He adores his nephew so much and now it seems that my sons are now the apple of his eyes."

 

"Damn bastard even wanted to make his own baby. But nah. He knows I'm not yet ready. I was just starting to enjoy my life as a solo artist after my so called 'reflection' what-the- era  and now... Oh God. I mean he's achieved so much that he's tired of it. I love him but he should respect me!"

 

Dara laughed a bit making Bom turn to her. "Why? What's funny? "

 

"Nothing. " Dara shook her head as she straightened up to handle the vegetables to one of the maids. "I just thought...  Well... I've been there. I was like... Just like you now. But you know what? When the right time comes, it's going to be easy to decide what to choose. "

 

"Aisht..." Bom turned around and crossed her arms over her chest.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter