D-Day 2: Realizations

The Return Of Not-So Superman Kwon Jiyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

First night's interview...

 

 

PD: "Please say something about your experience today."

 

Jiyong: "To be honest? I'm quite speechless." (dead pan serious)

(Rakes hair) "I am so tired and all worn out I really don't know what to say."

 

PD: "It's okay. We understand that. All first timer dads experience that."

 

Jiyong: "This is actually scaring me. (face palms and scoffs) 

 You see...  I just finished taking a bath and  when I faced the mirror, it seems like I have aged a lot in a day. Really." (laughs)

"Aaah!!!" (faces the camera)

"Yeobo. Please don't get shocked when you come home."

 

PD: "You are worried about shocking your wife with your appearance?"

 

Jiyong: "Of course! My wife is a vampire. Beautiful. Forever young. She's found the fountain of youth. Everyone knows that. And at the rate things are going, I might soon look like a dried squid beside her."

 

PD: (laughs) "You're kidding. You are G-Dragon. Sandara-ssi is a vampire and you're a dragon. You two are immortal, unreachable beings," (started joking)

 

Jiyong: "A dragon lives forever right? But I'm telling you... (sighs) I might be the one to break that belief."

 

PD/Cameraman: (laughing hard) 

 

Jiyong: "Aisht this is killing me. And one more thing... Can you guys keep a secret?"

 

PD: "Until this episode airs? Yes."

 

Jiyong: "Uhm... Yongdu has been feeling not really well because he said his tummy feels uncomfy. When I put them to sleep earlier, he was the last to fall asleep. I think it's because he didn't poop this morning. Aisht. I hope he dumps everything tomorrow morning."

 

PD: "Be careful of what you wish for,"

 

Jiyong: "If he poops... It's going to be a good thing,  right? " (blinks doubtfully) 

 

 

 

Jiyong woke up at the sound of one of his sons' whine followed by something rolling on his back. He just took a deep breath and closed his eyes once more, feeling still tired and sleepy because he went to bed late after a short interview, not having been used to sleeping while being surrounded by cameras.

 

"Appa... Wake up juteyo appa..." he slightly heard. He knew it was Yongdu just by the way the boy spoke, the kid's voice a bit husky and hoarse. 

 

"Please give appa some more minutes. Appa is really tired," Jiyong groaned. 

 

"Appa... Appa..." Yongdu whined once more, about to cry why rolling behind Jiyong's back but it was not the boy's plea that made Jiyong snap his eyes open.

 

It was a smell of something foul and seemingly rotten. He rubbed his eyes and saw that Yong il and Yongse were still sleeping soundly.

 

"Appaaaaaaaa!" Yongdu cried out and when Jiyong held Yongdu, his hand landed on the boy's diaper. Jiyong's eyes widened in an instant when he felt something gooey and sticky in his palm.

 

"Appaaaa! Yongdu pooooppeed! Help Yongdu juteyooooo! Appaaaaa~!!!"

 

***************

 

"That was some wake up call, Yongdu. What an alarming morning," Jiyong said as he brought the boys down the living room, his energy drained, after cleaning the boys' room and taking a bath with them. He was planning to take the boys out and just grab some breakfast outside but happened.... And for him... Yes. 

 

It's literally .

 

"Yongdu it not tick anymooore?" Yongse asked making Yongdu nod and rub his tummy. Jiyong lowered the three down to the sofa and rubbed his aching back as he went to the kitchen. 

 

"You're right. Yongdu is not sick anymore. Okay. Now that you have pooped and taken a shower, what is next?"

 

"Yongil Yongdu Yongte will go out and watch kiddie show!"

 

"That's right!" Jiyong snapped his fingers making the boys more excited. 

 

Earlier while they were taking a bath, Yongse has been crying saying he misses his mom so much. Not to long, the other two started crying for their mother too and Jiyong decided to just promise them that he will take them out to a kiddie show later at the theater downtown. 

 

"But before that, Yong il, Yongdu Yongse should eat breakfast, okay?"

 

"Appa! Yongdu it hungry!" Yongdu patted his tummy and frowned at his father making Jiyong laugh.

 

"Hahaha! You must have emptied out everything, Yongdu-ah,"

 

"Neh," Yongdu nodded. "Yongdu pooped a lot!"

 

"Hahahaha!" Jiyong laughed when Yongdu stretched out his arms dramatically.

 

"Appa! Yong il too!"

 

"Appa! Appa! Yongte too!"

 

"Hahaha!  Your tummies are all empty now? "

 

"NEH!!! "

 

"Okay. Okay.  Kiss appa first." Jiyong kissed his sons one by one before standing up.

 

"You boys play here first while I prepare your breakfast, okay?"

 

"NEH!!!" the triplets answered and Jiyong started to find something in the fridge to feed the boys.

 

He decided to fry some eggs and sausages while cooking some rice with sweet potatoes. This was where he was good at— frying just about anything for it was the easiest way to have an edible meal.

 

He turned to the wall clock and it made him sigh in defeat when he saw the time. It was almost 10 am, too late for any exercise with the boys. Disappointed, but somehow looking forward to going out with his sons alone for the first time, he busied himself in the kitchen and after some more minutes, he finally was able to whip a decent breakfast for the kids.

 

"Boys, come here. I know you're all hungry."

 

"Appa... Where it eomma?" Yongdu asked about their mother again as they ran towards their father. "It eomma fine?"

 

"Yes, Yongdu. I already told you guys earlier,  right? Eomma is at your grandmother, aunt and uncle's place. Do you already miss her?" Jiyong asked, bending down to pick his sons up to their chairs.

 

"Yong il mittet eomma a lot. " Yong il pouted as he looked longingly at their mother's seat across the dining table. "Eomma alwayt feed Yong il, Yongdu Yongte well,"

 

"Yah...." Jiyong gaped in disbelief, feeling somewhat hurt and jealous at Yong il's innocent words.

 

  "Are you telling me appa does not feed you guys well?" he asked his sons after finally settling Yongse down his seat. He huffed at his sons only be ignored by the three.

 

"Everyone... I'm asking you. Did appa not feed you well?" Jiyong asked but Yongse started cradling his head in one hand before tapping his plate.

 

"Appa food juteyo. Yongte it hungry!!!"

 

Jiyong slumped his shoulders in defeat as he made his way to the kitchen to serve the food he prepared for his sons. Oh yeah, he needed to feed them well or else he will have to face his wife's wrath for one way or another, Dara is going to find out.

 

"Aisht... We're at home and you guys are being hard on me like this. I wonder how I'll be able to bear it when we go out later." he mumbled all to himself. He then turned to the glass walls of their house and his eyes widened in shock when he realized what he was planning to do might be too impossible at the moment.

 

Rain clouds have started to appear and he could just run his palm down his face for his plan has failed before he could even make a move and what's worse is that the boys are looking forward to it already.

 

"Appa! Appa! Are we going to ride beep beep?" Yongse asked adding up more to his heavy heart.

 

Silently, he just sat on his seat and watched the boys eat the food he prepared.

 

"Appa why you not eating?" Yong il asked. Jiyong answered the boy with a smile.

 

"Appa is already full just by watching you."

 

"Appa need to eat too," Yongdu told him. His smiled widened some more.

 

"Appa will eat later. You finish your food. Does it taste good?"

 

 

"NEH!!!"

 

 

*********

 

"I wonder if they were able to eat a good meal this morning," Dara sighed as she looked away longingly. "I heard its raining in there. How will he manage to take the boys out? Aisht!" Dara stood up and was about to fish out her phone from her pocket but her mother scowled at her.

 

"Yah. Give the boys a break. I told you to stay away from the phone. You worry too much."

 

"But eomma... Aisht."

 

"Jiyong will find a way. Don't worry,"

 

Dara straightened up at her mother's words. Her mother urged her to accompany her and her sister Durami at a strawberry farm in Nonsan to unwind but she was spacing out the whole time, taking in and sighing out deep breaths while worrying for her boys.

 

"W-w-hat? Jiyong will find a way? Am I really hearing it from you?"

 

"Wae?"

 

"Why do I find it funny, eomma." She was holding her basketful of strawberries as she shook her head with a smile. "I don't remember you talking good about your son-in-law the last time,"

 

Durami went in between them and whispered something to Dara.

 

"Unnie, it just doesn't show but lately, eomma seems so fond of Jiyong oppa."

 

"Aisht, it's not called being fond. It's because we have no choice. We are now a family. It's normal." Dara's mother scowled at them before turning around. "You can be family and still not be fond of each other, right?  That's what you call being casual. It's my call of duty as an elder. "

 

"Aigoo," Durami squinted her eyes and elbowed her older sister as they watched their mother walk away. "You've gotten used to it, haven't you? "

 

"To mom being hard on Jiyong? What's new about it?" Dara shrugged and went on picking strawberries again. "It's enough that we got her trust. That she blessed our marriage. I understand because I know deep inside she cares. We all know why she's very protective."

 

"Right. That's why I salute Jiyong oppa." Durami looked up the sky dreamily making Dara turn to her. 

 

"What are you talking about? Tsch,"

 

"He was amazing because he was able to endure eomma... And you, ahjumma!" 

 

"Yah!" Dara threw a strawberry at Durami but soon they heard their mother scolding them.

 

"Yah! That's my Jiy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter