six

Lethal

Hongbin stayed silent before he shrugged.

 
"We have a deal,"
--------
It was Sunday. Hana's parents were not home. They were left alone in the house. Awkwards silence filled the space. Hana was watching a television while stuffing with chips when Hongbin suddenly sat beside her.
 
Hana was going to leave when Hongbin quickly caught her arm.
 
"Wait," 
 
Hana slowly took her seat back and freed her hand away from Hongbin to crossed it over her chest.
 
"Look," Hongbin started.
 
"I know what I did was wrong. I shouldn't stop you from doing what you like and control your life. I am really sorry and I hope we could talk like we usually do," Hongbin said playing with his fingers as he did so.
 
Hana didn't give the reply straight away. A few minutes passed and it was silent all the way.
 
"I--" Hongbin was about to apologize even more when Hana cut him off.
 
"Me too. It was a bit boring without you, though. I missed the fun and games we always had together. Sorry for ignoring you for too long," Hana looked up and smiled sweetly at Hongbin.
 
Hongbin in return smiled back at her and flicked her forehead.
 
"Ow! What was that for?" Hana pouted.
 
"That was for wasting my time trying to look for words to comfort you. Ugh, I am so not doing this ever again," Hongbin said before standing up and went back to his room.
 
"Stupid," Hana mumbled under her breath. She may sounded otherwise but she was happy they were good again.
 
Hongbin was sprawled on his bed. He stared at the ceiling. He was happy Hana forgave him but he was feeling somewhat unsettled. He remembered the burnt skin under his collarbone. The warning. He grazed his fingers on the spot. Thinking about it made it feel painful again. Like the fire was coming back to life. He flinched and buried his head on the pillow.
 
That night, Hana went out early. She dressed up very nicely and... oh well, ily. Hongbin was about to stop her but he strained himself from doing so and stayed silent while waving her goodbye.
 
"She must've a boyfriend," her mom said.
 
"I think so, since she doesn't need me anymore to be her partner to go to parties and restaurants for midnight snacks," Hongbin said and laughed together with her mom.
 
----
"Where are we going?" Hana said looking at Leo who were driving.
 
Leo glanced at her and gave her a wink.
 
"Somewhere fun, don't worry,"
 
Hana just nodded and went along. They talked about each other's day and Hana talked about Hongbin too.
 
Leo didn't say anything much since he was focusing on his driving and pulled over in front of a club. Hana gasped in disbelief.
 
"Why? Aren't you excited?" Leo said turning towards her while squeezing her hand.
 
"Uh... Taekwoon-ie, I've never..." Hana looked worried. 
 
Taekwoon. Leo's real name. He never let other people call him that as it would make him feel 'less strong'. He flinched a bit but smiled reassuringly.
 
"Babe, it's okay. It is going to be fun, I promise," his fingers made their way up Hana's hair and played with the locks.
 
"You sure?" Hana asked biting her lips out of nervousness.
 
Leo nodded and took Hana's hand before kissing the back of it and got out from the car and went to Hana's side to help her out from the car too. He swiftly put his arms around her body and rested it on her hips. The act was affectionate that Hana felt comfortable and safe around him.
---
It was almost midnight. Hongbin have been texting Hana for a billionth time already. Asking her where is she. Eventhough she ignored the texts, she was worried too.
 
"Leo, let's drive me home," she said almost screaming in order to fight the loud music that was blasted in the club.
 
"Already?" he replied. His words slurred.
 
"Yeah, my mom is worried," Leo tsked.
 
"Ok, whatever, let's go," he said struggling with his words while his body was slightly dancing to the music still.
 
Once they were out of the club, Leo seemed to be stumbling upon his words and even the way he walks looked uncompromising.
 
Hana decided to take the wheel and drive to his house. It was difficult though. Because drunk Leo was so touchy. She got a bit distracted and oh hell, she was blushing a lot too as she didn't quite sure on how to handle drunk people.
 
After climbing up the flight of stairs succesfully with Leo clinging on her side, she let Leo unlocked the door and opened it wide before he stood at the doorway looking back at Hana.
 
"Sorry for acting like this," Leo said once again.
 
"Go have some rest," Hana said before turning around to leave.
 
"Stay," Leo voiced out. His voice stern.
 
Hana turned around and shook her head.
"No, thanks. My mom is-"
 
"I said, stay," Leo's gaze was strong. He was crossing his arms now.
 
"L-Leo, you are drunk. It's okay, really," Hana tried to back away but was pulled harshly inside Leo's house.