sixteen

Lethal

 

Start a new life? Bull.
I am planning to end it.

"Alright miss, now you can slowly open your eyes," the doctor said and Hana tried to open her eyes. She squinted at first but soon managed to adjust her eyes to the lights.

"I'm happy I finally can see again!" Hana said in joy.

Her parents hugged her and they cried out of happiness.

"Hey," Sanghyuk raised his hand in an affectionate gesture to catch Hana's attention.

"Hyuk?" Sanghyuk nodded and he hugged Hana too.

"Wait, mom, dad. Where's Hongbin?" Hana asked looking around and everyone's smiles started to disappear.

"He's gone," Sanghyuk said trying to avoid Hana's eyes.

"Gone where? Hey, stop playing around. This is not funny," Hana started to panic.

"Mom, dad? This is a joke, right?" She shook her dad's arms trying to get an answer.

Hana quickly reached for the hand mirror beside the table and looked at her face through it.

And then she saw him.

His big, round eyes. With dark chocolate irises. She recognized his eyes. Very much. 

"Are these..." Hana started to well up in tears. Her mom, too was wiping away her tears.

"He's dead. Hana. Those are the last gift he wanted to give you,"

Hana started to cry. "No! No! This is not happening! No!" Sanghyuk held her and comforted her.

Sanghyuk too started to feel his eyes getting watery but he quickly wiped it away. Eventhough how much he hated Hongbin. He was still the first person that get him out from his own world. He owed him for that. Suddenly he remembered that night. The night Hongbin has shooted himself in front of him.

"Sorry, Sanghyuk," 
Sanghyuk heard the gunshot but he didn't feel anything. He opened his eyes and saw Hongbin already on the ground with blood pouring out from the bullet hole on his head.

"Hyung?" Sanghyuk whispered. 

"Hyung?!" He was shaking, still shocked at the scene before him.

Sanghyuk shook his head from the thought. He's gone now.
--
That night, Hana was cleaning around. And then she noticed the letter Hongbin has left inside the drawer.

Hana,
I am happy that now you can read. I know you will. There is something that I want you to know. I have tried to show you signs but maybe I wasn't good enough. From we were little, we have been through a lot of things. And you have made me fall for you day by day. I don't know, maybe I was unlucky. You didn't see me more than just a brother. I have to admit, I am sick of that. Maybe I treated you like a sister too much. But you know, seeing what makes you happy is enough. I don't want to be cliche but by the time you read this, you can see, but you will never see me again. Because, Hana, I would be long gone. I know, even if I leave, you wouldn't know. I am not blaming you, Hana. Don't cry over this stupid letter but I am blaming myself. I blame myself for not letting you see what actually I feel inside. There's no need to worry. It happened. Loving you was lethal. And I don't regret any bit of it. Thank you so much for everything.

Hongbin.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door and Sanghyuk peeked his head inside. 

"Hello!" 

"Hey, Hyuk," Hana folded back the letter and chucked it in at the bottom of her luggage.

A/N:: SO, THAT'S IT!
I really hope you guys like this as much as I enjoyed writing this. Thank you for reading and leaving nice comments! I will do better next time! Thanks agaaain ~~

comments are welcomed!