ten

Lethal

"Why, hyung?" Sanghyuk asked looking at Hongbin's worried expression.

"Ah, nothing, just asking," Hongbin said smiling and Sanghyuk nodded.

"Sanghyuk, I have something going on. I should leave now," 

"Oh, okay, hyung. Everything is fine, right?" Sanghyuk said sitting back on the chair.

"Yeah," Hongbin smiled and went to the door.

"Promise me to look for that guy," was the last thing Hongbin heard before he closed the door.

Hongbin leaned back on the door. He took a very, very deep breath. He slowly slid himself down. His shoulders felt heavy.

"Sanghyuk-ah, I am sorry. I am really sorry," He put his head in his hands and cried.

Hongbin walked to the playground and sat on one of the benches there.

His mind was still wandering, Sanghyuk, his parents, loan sharks, killing. All of that was playing around in his mind.

"Kill them," was what Leo ordered him to do and that's what he did.

He closed his eyes trying to put the memories away but he just couldn't do so.

He remembered it very vividly. The way he kicked on their door. The way he threatened that old man. The way he stabbed his wife. The way he punched, kicked and threw him. "You chose this way Mr Han. Tell your children you are sorry," he remembered the last word he said to him. The way he killed, he killed them. 

He always thought that he have gone to Sanghyuk's house before but he couldn't remember. Not until now. He killed his parents there. Sanghyuk's parents. 

Hongbin cried again. He didn't know what to do. Yes, he helped Sanghyuk to track that guy only to reveal that HE is the one Sanghyuk was looking for.

Suddenly, his phone went off.

"Hello?"
"Hongbin, Hana is involved in an accident," Mom said, her words came out unclear as she was crying.
--
After a few minutes, he reached the hospital.

He looked around and saw mom was crying at the corner. He came and comfort her. Dad was there too. He was also crying.

"Is Hana okay?" he asked dad only to listen to a horrible news.

"No. She is paralyzed and..." 

"And what?" Hongbin asked getting impatient.

"She loses her eyesights," dad cried even more.

"Where is she now? Mom, dad?" 

Suddenly, the doctor came out from one of the rooms.

"Mrs Kim, your daughter is awake," 

Hongbin stayed outside while both mom and dad got into the room. 

He called Sanghyuk and told him about the news.

"Hyung, things are going to be alright okay? Stay strong hyung. I will come and visit her probably tomorrow. Alright, hyung? I got to go, bye," Sanghyuk said before he hung up.

After two hours of waiting, her parents came out from the room.

"Hongbin, we are heading home first. Hana wants to see you," Dad said.

"Are mom and dad okay?" Hongbin asked concerned.

"Yeah, we're okay. Go on. Don't get home too late," Mom said and walked away with dad.

Hongbin pushed the door open.

"Hongbin?" Hana said. Her voice was shaking. 

Hongbin walked slowly towards her. Tears were threatening to flow down.

"Hongbin, is that you?" Hana asked again. Struggling.

A single drop of tear fell down and he quickly sniffed it back.

"Hey," Hongbin said finally.

Hana smiled but soon she cried.

Hongbin reached out for her and wrapped his arms around her. He put his chin on her head and his hand ran down her head smoothing her hair. 

Hana was sobbing in his arms. 

"Shh, shh, it's okay," Hongbin said once again and kissed her forehead. He took his seat beside her on the bed and took a hold of her hand.

"I should have listened to you," 

"Why? Hana, what happened? Tell me,"
Hongbin said in a hushed tone trying to comfort her.

"Leo," Hongbin lifted his head up.

"This morning, he told me he wanted to take me out for a date so I got ready and followed him. I can't remember what happened because I think I passed out after we went for a meal. And when I woke up, I was at his backseat and my hands and legs were tied up. And then I heard he talked with someone on the phone. Saying stuff like taking me away and such. I got scared and I distracted him. I hit him, and he seemed to lose control of his car and we crashed," Hana told Hongbin.

"If only I listened to you earlier," Hana cried again.

"Where's Leo? I will freaking kill him," Hongbin said. He was boiled with anger.

"There's no use. He's dead," Hana mumbled.

Hongbin hugged her again. Tighter this time.

"Hongbin, I can't face this alone,"

"I am here. If you can't be strong, let me be your strength," Hongbin whispered.

Hongbin pulled away and stared at her face. He looked into her eyes. Slowly, really slowly he leaned in. He was unsure but he couldn't stop himself anymore. He was getting tired always having to back away. He loved her. He loved her first than anyone else did. He leaned in until he was only a few inches away from her lips.