forteen

Lethal

 

Suddenly, Hongbin's courage was drained. He started to feel scared. Scared of his reaction.

"Actually, I..."

"You, what?" 

"I asked Hana earlier if she would like to be your girlfriend and she said yes," Hongbin blurted out.

Damn it. Damn myself.

Sanghyuk eyes opened wide.
"What the hell? Hyung? Are you serious?" 

His smile was silly. It started from below his right ear and ended below his left ear. He looked so happy.

"Thank you hyung! How did you know?!" 

"Pft. With those roses and all. Yah! I am not a er without any love experience you know?" Sanghyuk jumped from his seat and hugged Hongbin. 

Hongbin smiled at Sanghyuk. Oh wow, didn't he looked pathetic?
--
There were a few days Hongbin would like to pay Hana a generous visit but he would think twice before going because he wasn't ready. Wasn't ready to get hurt. 

There were a few times, when he peeked into Hana's room, he would see Sanghyuk either he was on the bed talking and holding Hana's hands or he was feeding Hana his own cooked dishes. There were some nights when Sanghyuk would tell Hana a bed time story and accompanied her to sleep. Until this one day, when he witnessed them kissing. He stopped going to the hospital.
--
"Hongbin, do you really have to go?" 
Mom and dad were quite sad with the choice Hongbin made.

"Yes. I have thought about it. I shouldn't burden you any longer. I have to find the way to live by myself now," Hongbin looked down at the floor. 

"Mom, dad. Don't worry. I will live. You have been taking care of me for years. I was really grateful that you are willing to take me to live with you. If not, I don't know what would happen to me. Therefore, I would like to say thank you for everything and I shall leave by now. I will visit you sometimes. Don't worry," Hongbin explained. 

Mom was holding his arm. 
"Hongbin. We never feel burdened taking care of you. We did because we feel the responsibility to do so,"

"Well, Hongbin. This is your choice. I shouldn't stop you. I hope you will be happier and continue doing what you love," dad said and patted Hongbin's back.

"Thanks mom, dad. I'll get going now," Hongbin said and left.

He knew he should leave. He knew this was the right thing to do. He knew he would have to start a brand new life somewhere far from this place.

Hongbin dropped by the hospital for a while. He pushed the door and it creaked open.

"Hyuk? Is that you?" Hana said smiling sweetly.

He stopped dead on track. He should have known. Hongbin should have known. Hana wasn't waiting for him. Why would she? He was nobody to her. He was the one not giving up on this false hope. He walked to the bedside table and put a letter in one of the drawers.

Even if I leave, she won't notice. Hongbin said to himself and walked back out. Crying, heart breaking on his way.

Next stop. Sanghyuk.