nine

Lethal

A/N:: Last chapter before my short hiatus! Pls anticipate for more ;)

---

Hongbin thought Sanghyuk wasn't serious about falling in love with Hana so he just shook it off and never mentioned about it anymore.

But then again, that's what he thought.

Sanghyuk was busy that day. On his table, papers were all scattered around. There were also some pictures from the newspaper. Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," Sanghyuk said unlocking the door.

"Hey, whoa. What are those?" Hongbin said frozen on his spot looking at the mess on Sanghyuk's table.

Sanghyuk in turn just chuckle and continued with his work. Hongbin then walked inside and sat on the bed.

"I did this for the sake of my parents, hyung," 

"Sanghyuk," 

"You never tell me what actually happened," Sanghyuk stopped with his work and turned his chair around facing Hongbin.

"Well... I never tell this to anybody before,"

--flashback--
That morning, Sanghyuk realized there was something wrong with his parents. They were smiling but there was also a glint of worry in their eyes. He was getting ready to go to school. It was the first day of his final exam and that year was his final year as well. His mother hugged him a bit longer that day.

"Mom, is everything okay?" Sanghyuk asked while tying his shoelaces. 

His mother however smiled a sad smile and nodded. "Do your best okay?" 

"Okay, mom," Sanghyuk smiled and went to school.

He knew he can do well this time. He was one of the top students in his school. He was also very cheerful and bubbly. He walked to school happily and did well in his exam.

On the evening, he walked back home feeling a little bit unsettled. He tried to guess what's wrong but he didn't seem to figure it out. 

Once he reached home, he saw a tall figure with his hair neatly tied up at the back walking out from his house. His face, however was a bit dirty. And then he noticed something, his shirt was stained with blood. Scared, he hid himself behind a wall waiting for that guy to leave. He didn't see his face as that guy immediately pulled his hoodie over his head and walked away.

Once he left, Sanghyuk quickly ran inside his house. 
"Dad?!" he cried out when he saw his dad was lying limp on the floor. His face was covered with bruises and cuts. His dad wasn't moving. He shook him a few times calling out for his dad.

"Dad! Dad! Wake up!" tears were streaming down his face.

"H-hyuk-ah..." his dad sounded very weak.

"Y-yes, dad?" he sniffed from crying too much.

"I'm sorry," he said before his head fell down on the floor and he stopped breathing.

Sanghyuk hugged his dad rocking back and forth trying to wake him up but to no avail. Suddenly, he remembered his mom.

"Mom?! Mom?!" he screamed looking around the small house for his mom. 

He went to the kitchen and next to the fridge, he saw her lying motionless covered in blood. A few inches away from her, there was a knife smeared in her blood. 

Sanghyuk fell to his knees. He curled himself into a ball and cried. He cried and cried and cried. If he knew this would happen, he wouldn't go to school. If he knew this would happen. He would help his dad to look for money so he wouldn't have to borrow from the loan shark. If he knew this would happen, he had killed that guy. 

The next morning, he was found by his teacher who came to fetch him after noticing he wasn't at school when the exam started in the kitchen sitting against the fridge with his mom and dad on his lap. His face was stained with dried tears and he was staring at the blank space in front of him. He was still in his school uniform he wore the day before with his bag still on his back.

His sister came during their parents funeral and left with her boyfriend after that and never came back. 

He stopped school and live by himself since that day. He did some part time job and gained money from that. He kept this in his mind; Look for that bastard who killed his parents.

His story however was popular at that time since he was the smart boy in the area. He often got some knocks at the door telling him that they wanted to make some interviews with him but he would chase them away. There was also some kind people who dropped by and gave him money, some food and needs. He wouldn't open the door but when they finally leave, he would take the things they left at the door and locked himself inside again. 

--end of flashback--
"I lost all of my hopes, hyung," he said without realizing he was crying the whole time.

"I need to go to the toilet," Sanghyuk said and walked to the toilet.

Hongbin nodded and let him locked himself in the toilet to settle down.

He went to the table and took a look at the papers on the table. 

And then he saw something that shocked him. The picture of his parents. By the time he was looking at the picture, Sanghyuk just came out from the toilet.

"That's my parents. I swear, I am not going to forgive that guy. Never,"

"Sanghyuk-ah,"

"Yes, hyung?"

"What's your full name?"

"Me? Han Sanghyuk,"