three

Lethal

It was not like the formal party Hongbin had expected. It was more to a party with loud music and people drinking alcohol here and there. There were a few sofa set a bit far away from the crowd maybe for some people who would like to have some private conversations or discussions. But to be honest, most of the people that went there ended up making out with each other. Hongbin sat there alone while Hana was busy talking with her friends among the crowd. He didn't mind though. He prefered to be alone that way. He was told to sit and have fun while the fun that he would like to have is just to sleep. So he pretended to enjoy the moment. While he was busy playing with his phone, a group of three girls came to join him.

 
"Hey there," one of them said. 
 
Judging from the slurry way she talked, she was kind of not in her straight mind. Blame the alcohol.
 
"Um, hi," Hongbin said and stood up getting ready to run away from the situation but his reaction was a bit late when another girl grabbed his sleeve and pulled him back on the sofa.
 
"Guys, I should get going," Hongbin said trying to pry away the tight grip on his sleeve.
 
Once he succeed, the girls gave him a hateable glare.
 
"Tch. Nerd," one of them said.
 
Yeah right, nerd. 
 
Hongbin walked into the crowd trying to look for Hana after he realised that Hana was nowhere to be found. Damn those girls.
 
He looked everywhere for Hana and he almost gave up when he didn't find Hana anywhere.
 
He decided to give Hana a call until he spotted a familiar red dress at the far hidden corner of the room. There was a man hovering over her with his hands placed on her hips. That was when his inner brother feels kicked in. He walked closer to that place but not too close that could make them notice him. 
 
Oh. They were kissing.
 
He must be the owner's son. He thought.
 
After a few moments, they pulled away and that was when Hongbin saw his face.
----
Hana's cheeks were bright pink. She was flustered. The man before her gently put his hand on her cheeks and smiled sweetly.
 
"I thought you don't feel the same about me," he said. His soft voice was like music to her ears.
 
As Hana was about to reply, a strong hand pulled her away from his grip.
 
"Hana, let's go home," Hongbin said. His grip tight around her wrist.
 
"What? Hongbin let go of me!" Hana whispered harshly while trying to get off Hongbin's deadly grip.
 
"Who is this?" the man asked. His face was as confused as Hana as well.
 
"I am her..."
 
"...brother. He is my brother," Hana cut Hongbin off.
 
Hongbin was having none of this so he immediately just dragged Hana out the place and into the car with Hana struggling to follow his quick steps while she couldn't stop asking and scolding Hongbin for his behaviour.
 
Hongbin pushed Hana on her seat and slammed the door shut and soon drove away from the place. 
 
"Great. You just ruined everything! What the hell is wrong with you, Lee Hongbin? Can't you see we are having some sort of conversation going on there and you just came in and practically dragged me away from there?! What is wrong with you?!" Hana scolded.
 
"Conversation? I see it clearly with my eyes you two were kissing!" 
 
"So what if we did?! Does it bother you so much?! Stop being over protective Hongbin I am not your little sister anymore!" Hana yelled back.
 
"Is that what I am to you?" Hongbin asked after he succesfully controlled his temper. His voice was deeper than usual. He sounded like he was straining himself.
 
"What?" 
 
"Brother? Only your brother?"
 
Hana rolled her eyes.
 
"Hongbin, if that is the reason you are acting crazy like this, stop it. You are being immature!" 
 
"Is that true?" 
 
"Hongbin!"
 
"Tell me!" 
 
"Yes! Yes! I see you as my brother! Why? All this while you are nothing more than just. a. brother. to me. That's all! Okay?!" Hana yelled.
 
Hongbin's grip on the steering wheel was getting tighter. He himself didn't know what was the feeling he was feeling at that time. It was kind of hurt but he wasn't sure why. Was it because he saw her with another person or was it because of what she said to him.
 
Her chest was heaving with rage. They stayed quiet with the heavy tension surround them.
 
Once he pulled over in front of their house, Hana immediately grabbed her bag and opened the door. She didn't wait for Hongbin to open the door for her or what else.
 
"Thanks for tonight," she said annoyed.
 
Before she could slam the door, Hongbin called her making her stop.
 
"Hana, please stay away from Leo,"