one

Lethal

Hana was busy cleaning the last table for  tonight. The cafe has closed thirty minutes ago but she stayed for a while to do the final cleaning. Her friends have gone home. She didn't mind being alone since her house was not far from the cafe she was working at. Usually, she was the one who keep the key because she would be the first one to come and the last one to go home. 

 
She locked the door and kept the key inside her skirt's pocket before heading home. She put in the earphones and put on some music. While walking, she hummed to the tune of her favourite songs. She was unaware of someone silently following her from behind until when she was walking under a streetlight and noticed a shadow of a man. 
 
She turned around abruptly getting prepared to hit the man with her sling bag but was dodged succesfully by the man.
 
"Whoa. Easy there," He said while letting out a small laugh. 
 
"Hongbin you scared me!" Hana said while adjusting her bag back.
 
"Your mum asked me to accompany you," he said and they walked side by side.
 
Hongbin was like an older brother for Hana since both of them have no other siblings. They have been friends since they were little. But they differ a lot. Hana lived a happy life around nice people and family while Hongbin had a hard life since he was little. His father always came home drunk and acted abusive towards Hongbin and his mother. Hongbin always came out with new sets of scratches and bruises everytime they played together. One day, Hongbin came to Hana's house crying when Hana's father asked him what's wrong, Hongbin said that his mother was beaten by his father and there was blood everywhere. By the time they reached his house, his mother was dead and his father was taken away by the police. Since the incident, Hana's mother took Hongbin to live together with them. Hongbin's dark history has affected him a bit when he grew up being around bad people and get himself involved in gangsterism. Despite his actual behaviour outside, he was naturally a very caring and protective person. At home, he would help with the house chores. Hongbin was one year older than Hana was. That was why Hongbin was more like an older brother to Hana. 
 
"Didn't I tell you before? Never walk with the music on especially when you are alone. It's dangerous," Hongbin said snatching the phone away from Hana and turned it off.
 
"Ugh, fine," Hana rolled her eyes and keep her phone inside her bag.
 
They continued walking while talking about their day. On their way home, they walked past a couple who were sitting and stargazing together. They would occasionally tease each other and pointed at the interesting looking star.
 
Hana was staring at them intently. Hongbin, somehow noticed this but said nothing.
 
"I envy them," Hana said with a heavy sigh following suit.
 
"Don't you want it? Sitting together with someone you love, stargazing together and make jokes about god only knows what," Hongbin in return chuckled but stayed silent.
 
"I hope I will meet him someday," 
 
"Who?" 
 
"My prince charming," Hana said with a grin.
 
Hongbin scoffed. 
 
"Yeah, dream on," he said before running away from Hana who was hitting him.
------
 
It was Friday. Hana has came home early. Hongbin was in his room when suddenly he heard someone knocked on his door. 
 
"Yes?" Hongbin said from inside the room and when he lifted his head up to see Hana peeking her head through the slightly opened door.
 
"Since when do you knock before you enter my room?" he said before he let his head fell back onto his pillow. 
 
"We are getting older, remember? We have our own privacy. You are a man now, there are something that I shouldn't know or see from you," Hana said as she took his seat on one of the chairs in Hongbin's room.
 
Hongbin's lips perked upwards towards Hana's words. Wow, she has grown up. He thought before deciding to tease Hana.
 
"Like what?" he said before he sat up revealing his bare upper body that was hidden under the heap of pillows earlier which resulting Hana to yelp and covered her eyes in embarrasement.
 
"You idiot!" 
 
Hongbin laughed before laying back down again.
 
"Why are you here?" 
 
"I need your help,"