five

Lethal

 

 
Hongbin woke up to the smell of hot chocolate. He tried to sit but immediately stopped when he felt pain all over his body. He winced. He looked around and noticed he was in a bed. At the corner of the room, there was a small door which he guessed was the door to the toilet. There was also an old worn out orange sofa near the window. Beside the sofa, there was a coffee table with a small blue radio placed on top of it. Then he saw someone standing at the kitchen in the small apartement.
 
"How are you feeling?" he said still not turning around to face Hongbin.
 
"Um, good. I guess?" 
 
The guy with a brown-ish styled up hair turned around and brought the hot chocolate to Hongbin who was still struggling to sit up.
 
"Here," the young man said. Hongbin looked at him. Looking at his figure, he could guess that he was around his age maybe a year younger or so. 
 
"Thanks," Hongbin said and the young man helped him to sit.
 
"Hongbin," Hongbin said stretching out his  right arm.
 
"Sanghyuk," he said taking Hongbin's outstretched hand.
 
"Thanks for helping me," Hongbin looked over his shirtless body that was wrapped with a bandage.
 
Sanghyuk however let out a chuckle.
 
"What?"
 
"You have a... well, well-built body but you passed out after a few kicks and punches?"
 
Hongbin gave Sanghyuk a hard stare.
 
"You know nothing kid," he took the cup of hot chocolate and took a sip.
 
"Who are they? What do they want from you?"
 
"Are you living here alone? Where are your parents? Family?" Hongbin said succesfully avoiding Sanghyuk's questions.
 
"My sister ran away with her boyfriend and never came back," Sanghyuk shrugged.
 
"Your parents?"
 
"They are dead. You know, loan sharks, they beat the life out of you if they didn't get their money back. Since then I live here alone,"
 
Hongbin nodded while taking another sip of his coffee.
 
"How about you?" 
 
Hongbin shrugged.
 
"I told you about my family,"
 
"I live with my foster family," he sighed.
 
Sanghyuk looked at Hongbin.
 
"Is it okay if I ask you something?" 
 
"What?" 
 
"That... What does that mean?" Sanghyuk said referring to the two linked dragons which was tattooed on the skin of Hongbin's right bicep near his shoulder.
 
"This?" 
 
"Yeah, it looks familiar. Were you in a gang or something?" Sanghyuk guessed.
 
Hongbin however gave him a cornered smile.
 
"It was a long time ago. I decided to stop after I think about the safety of my foster family," he inhaled.
 
"Their life has a lot of difference than mine. I don't want them to get hurt because of me," 
 
Sanghyuk nodded. 
 
"But, yesterday?" 
 
Hongbin chuckled at Sanghyuk's question.
 
"Yesterday... That guy has something going on with my sister. He's dangerous though. I tried to tell my sister about him but she wouldn't listen," 
 
Hongbin ended up telling Sanghyuk about Leo.
 
"Oh man, that guy is horrible," Sanghyuk said, surprised.
 
Hongbin shrugged and stared at the coffee cup in his hands.
 
"Hey, maybe I can help?" He suggested which make Hongbin laughed.
 
"You got to be kidding me, kid. No way," Sanghyuk's face dropped immediately.
 
"Are you underestimating me?"
 
Hongbin stopped laughing.
 
"Can you?" He smirked.
 
"I'll prove it," 
 
Sanghyuk was determined.
 
"If I help you, maybe you can help me too," 
 
Hongbin looked up. "What do you need?"
 
"Look for the guy that murdered my parents,"