twelve

Lethal

Hana still had to stay at the hospital for another few weeks before she can be discharged for a few treatments for her paralyzed legs. 

That day, Hongbin wanted to pay Hana a visit so he drove early to the hospital. He even brought along a packet of her favourite chocolate. 

Once he reached the hospital, he saw Sanghyuk walking out from the hospital. He had a big smile on his face. Hongbin's smile started to fade.

He got out from the car and went inside. He reached the door of Hana's room taking a deep breath before pushing the door open.

Hana was on the bed with a bouquet of roses in her arms. She was smiling brightly. On the table in front of her, there were a few containers of home made dishes. Hongbin walked closer and cleared his throat which made Hana startled and quickly put the bouquet to the side.

"Good morning," Hongbin greeted trying to sound happy.

"Hongbin? Gosh! You startled me!" 

"Someone came?" Hongbin asked eventhough the answer was quite obvious.

"Um, Hyukkie came earlier. He gave me this flower and made me breakfast," Hana said shyly.

"Hyukkie? He never let me call him that," Hongbin chuckled.

Hana just let out a smile. 

Hongbin looked at the packet of chocolate he brought earlier and kept it in his pocket.

"What did you guys do?"

"Um... we talked and he told me stories. He's very kind. Hongbin, how does he looks like?" 

Hongbin sat beside her and started to describe Sanghyuk.

"He's a bit taller than me. Broad shoulders. Fit body. His face? Um, I don't know. He has the look for sure," Hana smacked Hongbin lightly.

That day, they talked. That day, Hongbin knew his chance were growing thinner. Really thin. 

"Hyung, how do falling in love feels like?"

It hurts, Sanghyuk. Very much. 

From: Sanghyuk
Hongbin hyung! I have something to show you.

Hongbin glanced at the text again. He was right in front of Sanghyuk's door. After a few knocks, Sanghyuk open the door.