Chapter 17: Traitor

Can't Be Tamed...or Can
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He didn't understand the note. He didn't understand who it was from or why they were calling Yoongi naive but he was sure it had something to do with Mark. 

How could Hoseok just disappear? In the middle of the night with no trace or clue as to where he might have gone? Yoongi couldn't deny that it was suspicious. His worst fear was that Hoseok had run off with Mark to start a new life somewhere in another part of the country and had left Yoongi behind like his previous owners had. But that wouldn't make sense as all of Hoseok's belongings were still in the house.

Putting the note down on the side, the pink haired Hybrid searched the bedroom for Hoseok's phone. He eventually found his mobile under his pillow. Yoongi couldn't get hold of Namjoon, but he managed to get through to Jimin on his mobile.

"Hoseok?" Jimin answered tiredly. Yoongi must have woken him up.

"Jimin, it's Yoongi. Hoseok and Mark have gone missing." Yoongi explained, frantically trying to keep himself from panicking anymore than he already was.

"What do you mean gone? Where would he go at this hour?" Jimin asked, sitting up in his bed.

"I don't know, Jimin. But there was a note left that said 'You're so naive, Yoongi' and I'm so worried. I only went to the bathroom for five minutes and I suddenly come back to the bedroom empty and Hobi and Mark nowhere in sight." 

"Okay, Yoongi. I'll be there as soon as I can with Tae and Kookie. If anybody can track Hoseok down, it will be my boys."

X

At Namjoon's house, Jin was cuddled into Namjoon's chest when his ears suddenly started to flick around. Opening his eyes, he sat up suddenly, making his owner jump at the sudden movement. 

"Jin? What's wrong? Bad dream?" Namjoon asked, yawning.

"Something's wrong." Jin replied, getting out of bed and running to the window.

"What do you mean?" His owner replied, looking increasingly confused by the minute.

"Hoseok. Something has happened to Hoseok." 

Jin began to pace around the room. It was clear that he was distressed; his tail was going wild. Namjoon barely had time to put some clothes on before his Hybrid sprinted out of the room.

X

He wasn't sure how long he'd been out for, but Hoseok hoped that when he woke up he would be somewhere familiar. Unfortunately for him, that wasn't the case. 

The first thing to meet his eyes when he opened them was darkness. He couldn't see a thing. Hoseok then realised that his eyes were covered by a blindfold. From what he could tell, he was sitting in a wooden chair, wrists tied tightly behind him and he appeared to be alone. Or at least he thought so; he couldn't hear anybody else in the room. 

After some time, the sound of footsteps alerted Hoseok to another presence. Not being able to see made him even more anxious than he already was. As if being tied up in an unknown location wasn't bad enough. Hoseok felt the cloth of the blindfold being pulled, and soon enough he could see where he was. 

He was in what appeared to be a small warehouse. The place looked old, with its stained wooden floor and wooden walls. There was a skylight in the roof, just above a stack of metal and wooden cages, all of which appeared to be broken. The warehouse must've been old, as there didn't appear to be any working electricity. Instead, the room was lit by candles, dotted around the establishment in various places.

With the blindfold gone, Hoseok could see the person standing in front of him. He was intimidating to say the least.

"So. You're the owner of a certain pink haired Hybrid that ruined my dog fighting business?" 

What the man said was more of a statement than a question. Looking the man in the eyes, Hoseok tried not to show his fear. However, the man could see right through him.

"That Hybrid's hair is worth a fortune. Do you know how many Hybrid's there are out there that have that hair colour? Just one. That Hybrid of yours is special. And I want him." 

Hoseok hadn't notice that the man wasn't alone until two Hybrid's stepped out of the shadows behind him. Each one of them stood to attention and remained silent as their 'owner' began to pace around Hoseok.

"And what better way to bring him to me than to snatch his beloved owner from right under his nose." The man smirked, coming to a halt a few feet in front of the boy. "You did well, Mark."

Suddenly, a third Hybrid appeared at the side of Hoseok. Said Hybrid was dragging Mark behind him, and proceeded to toss the wolf onto the ground in front of Hoseok. Mark had his hands tied behind his back, just like Hoseok, and by the looks of it he'd been roughed up by the Hybrid. 

"Mark? What does he mean?" Hoseok questioned, staring down at the Hybrid before him.

"I'm sorry, Hoseok. I didn-"

"He led you on. He made you believe that he was a disabled, pitiful Hybrid that needed a home." The man cut the Hybrid off. "And you played right into his trap."

"You said you'd let my brother go." Mark growled. "I did what you wanted, now let Joey go."

Once again, the man ignored what Mark was saying, choosing to talk directly to Hoseok instead.

"He isn't actually blind. He's been wearing contacts this entire time. And that story about his owner and fellow Hybrid dying in a house fire? Total bull. He never had an owner. He's been my slave since I picked him and his brother off the street when they were kids.

"I made him do my dirty work for me. You see, dog fighting is a highly profitable business. But finding the right Hybrid is difficult. That's where little Mark comes in. 

"Putting Mark in danger is the way I find suitable Hybrid's. I don't want a Hybrid that can't fight and potentially win. Picking up stray Hybrid's off the street wasn't producing results. So we used the scare tactic. Remember the car accident? Complete bull. I'd spotted your Hybrid at the Pound, and when you picked him up I followed you. The second you and your friend got out of the car I snatched him. I'd heard about the famous pink haired Hybrid that was too aggressive to own. I wanted him. Aggressive Hybrid's are the best fighters. And I had him until your police friend ruined everything."

It was a lot of information to take in. Mark had been lying this whole time, making Hoseok and Yoongi believe that he was a Hybrid in need of help. When in reality he was perfectly fine.

"Let my brother go-" 

"Your brother is dead, Mark. Did you really think I was going to babysit a Hybrid while I had a business to run?" The man stopped speaking then.

Mark's ears dropped. A thousand di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter