Haven

Sharing my fluffy cloud

 

 

The character's thoughts are coloured gray, the rest are said out loud

Flashbacks are highlighted with this colour.

 

 

Cheondoong parked his car to the usual spot in front of his house. He heaved a deep sigh before turning the engine off.

 

He lean back on the leather seat and relax, another day will end in the next hour.

 

The night sky is finally pushing its way through, painting the once blue sky of the day to velvety reddish orange with a hint of purple melting together creating a mysterious feel of tranquillity.

 

Today was different he went home smiling a genuine one. He hasn’t smiled this way for so long. He suddenly felt thankful that even if the numbness inhabit inside emotions could still seep through its walls.

 

He opened the door and got out. The cold night air welcome his expose skin wearing a tank top is not so ideal in the autumn season at all, he fish out his keys, opened the door and got in.

 

As usual he saw a big space bathed in pitch dark, the loneliness hovering in the air is already occupying the corners of every room.

 

This was it his haven like what people call it however it has never been for him.

 

He drop the keys and his bag to a black high gloss coffee table situated in the middle of the room, it was accompanied by a generous greyish couch fit for two people and a floor standing chrome lamp shade on the left to complete it.

 

On the centre of the wall facing the lone furniture a mounted black LED flat screen fills in the open space living room.

 

A house built in pure elegancy and simplicity but lacks with the most important attribute the homey feel.

 

He goes straight up the stairs with handrails made of stainless steel and glass panels on the way to the second floor.

 

There were two doors sited at each far end facing each other.

 

Cheondoong uses the master’s bedroom which is left.

 

He lay down and took off his watch when he remembered something that’s made his mood lighter.

 

I’m sorry, I am certainly not gonna whoop your , don’t hurt me, pleeeeeassss~..

 

He shook his head and took off his tank top

 

Try me and you’ll never have babies again.

 

He laughs a little closing his eyes to rest.

 

Weird but cute

 

------

 

Yuri eyed Jessica for the umpteenth time, noticing something different

 

What?

 

The blonde finally exploded, Yuri has been eyeing her like she has grown an extra limb out of her body.

 

Did you shrink?

 

Her friend question sceptically, finding Jessica’s clothes so out of fashion her friend should have known better since both were shopaholic.

 

Jessica answered with a grunt

 

No, I just wore flats today that’s why I

 

Her friend pointed like she was accusing that’s not what I meant the shirt it’s big for you

 

The blonde slowly look at her shirt fixing it

 

Oh I haven’t ask you Where were you? you were late on our last class.

 

Nothing

 

Geez I know you so stop being so secretive, you followed the clouds again right?

 

Jessica raised her head looking at her with her deadpan expression.

 

Yuri grunted in annoyance then turn to the person who is driving, a man with glasses was swaying his head according to the beat he was humming.

 

Did you book the restaurant?

 

Of course he answered straightaway with an animated grin.

 

YEY! She kissed the person on his cheek.

 

Joon you are the best boyfriend

 

Lucky you

 

Jessica rolled her eyes in disgust quickly finding her skull candy earphones so she could put it on.

 

She sigh relieve successfully blocking the mushy exchanged between the two. Her eyes were fixed outside.

 

The sun had already set, and the moon ruled alone the dark sky glowing with its prominence the light it provided were subtle almost dying like it was unable to do what its supposed to do.

 

Jessica sigh inwardly

 

Doubt??

 

She hated that word, for everyone doubted her.

 

The past that she keeps shoving on the back of her mind crept back again.

 

Her mind was like a drawer packed of stuff she tried to close it but it won’t budge.

 

The logic was to take out some right??

 

But what if the problem doesn’t lies with how much stuff you had put in but on the outside, the drawer itself??

 

Everyone doubted her for deviating from the made norms. Doubt was most painful if it comes especially from the person she had last expected.

 

The car came into halt they have arrive at the underground parking lot of their apartment.

 

She pulled out her earphone and heard the last words from the question Joon asked.

 

-----------to pick you up??

 

Yuri turns to Jessica who was seated behind Joon

 

8:30??

 

Jessica merely shrugged

 

8:30 she said to Joon who is now busy setting the alarm of his phone.

 

He then turned to Yuri and gave her a kissed on the forehead and a peck on the lips.

 

Kay, I’ll pick you two up.

 

Jessica came down first and closes the door a second later Yuri joins her, they walk to the elevator.

 

Sica?

 

Jessica turned to Yuri who was impatiently pressing the button of their floor.

 

Is something bothering you?

 

She smiled her friend knew her too well, 

 

Don’t just shrugged her friend warned her.

 

Yul do you not wonder why I left everything in states?

 

She stops abusing the button and straightened up

 

Hmm~.. 2 years ago I was actually dying to know why but I think I understand you.

 

Jessica remain still waiting for her friend to continue

 

You wanted to live your own life.

 

Jessica began clapping which made Yuri bow proudly like she just won a beauty pageant contest.

 

Ack~..You know me too well

 

Yuri chuckled after

 

Of course I’m your bestfriend and since I’m your bestfriend could you tell me what’s with you and the clouds???

 

Ding

 

Jessica run past Yuri

 

That is for you to find out..

 

---

 

Cheondoong had just come out of the shower and now is getting dress, he pick up his vibrating phone on the bedside table.

 

Uncle ------(Doongie. I miss you, you haven’t visited us)

 

I’m busy with school. He heard a sigh

 

(You know you should live with your life like how you used to)

 

Uncle I’m just following what my parents wishes are----(I know I know I know, but what about you)

 

I got a taste for the life that I wanted and that is enough that’s why right now its time to live what life they want for me.-------------(Okay, but)

 

Uncle--------- (Okay just…. I miss you come visit us, on another note could you visit us today?)

 

That….. I can’t I have a date. Another sigh came out on the line

 

(Again you know what I will say after right.)

 

Yes and you know what will my answer for that right.

 

His uncle chuckled heartedly on the line.

 

(Okay visit us next time we are really missing you, I love you dongie we will always be here.)

 

I know and thank you

 

He hung up first with eyes closed he let his body fall back to the bed.

 

Where are you going again?

 

In front there was a man who stood tall; his eyes flared oozing with authority while a woman just sat calmly on the couch beside the man.

 

Dad I just told you last week I enrolled myself to an art institution and I have a class.

 

No!!! The man raised his voice

 

Drop out now I told you, you will get nothing from just taking photos of random things that , his father stop to calm himself rubbing his temples in frustration.

 

Okay how about architect?? Make yourself useful for the company.

 

Dad please, mum he looked at his mum, his mum stood up voicing her opinions

 

Dear let him be, he will come around, he is just rebelling, so son what do you want? Phone? Shoes? Car? What? tell me.

 

Thunder frowned getting up from the laying position

 

I wasn’t rebelling it was my dream; I just want to take pictures.

 

He mumbled but there was no one to hear him out.

 

Author’s note: i just want to explain something..the drawer won’t closed if something is holding it back, same with Jessica she can’t totally closed a chapter of her life if its still unfinished.