Ice-cream

Sharing my fluffy cloud

 

The character's thoughts are coloured gray, the rest are said out loud

Flashbacks are highlighted with this colour

 

 

A week after

 

Jessica dance, moving her body to the rhythm of the beat that is knocking on her eardrums, her excitement soon vanish into thin air when her consciousness kick in, the smell of sweat, booze, smoke and perfume from too many people assaulted her nostrils, she's beginning to feel soffocated.

 

She slowly unmingled herself from the pulsating crowd and made her way to an empty barstool in the corner.

 

The blonde motioned a drink to the waiting bartender before sitting herself comfortably beside her distracted friend, who was looking at the dance floor laughing and clapping possibly contented from the view she was seeing.

 

Jessica followed her line of sight and found Yuri dancing intimately with her boyfriend Joon, under the vibrant neon lights illuminating the whole floor. The two were obviously having the time of their life.

 

Get a room seriously she shouted unable to look anymore

 

A moment later, her ordered drink slid in front of her she mouthed the word thanks before taking her first sip.

 

So what is our ice princess doing at midterm break?

 

Her friend turns her stool facing her.

 

I dunno come what may

 

Her friend laughed but soon stopped, glaring at someone behind Jessica.

 

Jessica raises her eyebrow at the sudden change of personality.

 

What’s wrong?

 

That!

 

A voice interrupted their conversation coming from a male who is younger.

 

Hi! Sica he greeted but what made him beam his signature sunshine smile is the girl beside Jessica.

 

Hi! Sunny

 

Sunny greeted unenthusiastically with a wave.

 

The new addition obviously wasn’t aware of the unfriendly reception, he excitedly turned to Jessica.

 

You know Jay right??

 

Jessica grumbles of course you introduce me to him.

 

A warning he is coming here

 

What! Jessica immediately bolted up, slamming her cocktail glass.

 

Sunny sniggered why avoid him just say straight that you don’t like him.

 

Yea~.. as if he will listen got to go, call me to find me.

 

Jessica immediately mixes in with the crowd to lose jay but when she look back the man was still stubbornly following her.

 

So she went to the toilet the only place she knew she would be safe.

 

She went in but recoiled back out, there were 2 girls kissing obviously drunk the two broke apart and staggered their way out passing by her.

 

Jessica heaved a deep sigh opening the door again.

 

Okay I did not see that

 

Jessica looked at herself on the mirror fixing her hair, just to kill time.When a door opens on one of the close stall a black haired woman with skimpy outfit appear, trying to balance her self.

 

What’s wrong with these people?

 

She felt uncomfortable and immediately walk herself out, accidentally bumping with a girl who was going to the toilet. She skimmed her eyes through the hallways there was no one, relieve she tiptoed darting her head left and right.

 

Too occupied she bumped her head lightly to a person’s knee.

 

She looked up slowly to apologize when the stranger last week appeared before her very eyes looking down at her with a smirk.

 

What the hell is he doing here?

 

The blonde then notice her awkward pose bended down her back arch and was tiptoeing.

 

Jessica immediately straightened her posture and cough.

 

You---…. !!!

 

She curses under her breathe hearing footsteps on the hallways and her name being called out repeatedly.

 

She panic and started skipping lightly

 

What to do?

 

If you need the toilet it’s just here

 

The stranger asked amused gesturing the blonde the way to the toilet.

 

No!

 

She answered harshly looking to the hallway again; jay’s figure was slowly emerging.

 

She shrieks and stops skipping she pulled the man’s shirt and trap herself between the wall and him. Gladly she was petite so she was covered. Jessica buried her face on his chest.

 

The guy looked down on her smirking amused yet again.

 

I’m sorry but please tell me if that short guy who is looking for me is gone.

 

Not yet. He whispered back

 

Jay glanced at the couple who supposedly was hugging, he then turn back and left.

 

Jessica pushes the stranger lightly to snoop the area she sigh and smiled opening to thank him.

 

The blonde jump up a little in fright, a loud smack erupted on the hallway like a skin hitting skin.

 

She gasps when the girl she bumped into, minutes ago slap the stranger who saved her two times.

 

Jerk!! she heard the girl spat out leaving them angrily.

 

She bit her lower lip seeing him in pain rubbing his cheek.

 

I’m sorry

 

Jessica heard the man sigh

 

No worries, I always get slap anyway

 

I’m sorry she felt the need to apologize million times.

 

Was that your—

 

You are sorry right?

 

The stranger ask cutting her off

 

Yes I am really really really so--

 

Then treat me to ice-cream

 

Jessica stayed still letting her brain process the words

 

Huh ice-cream??

 

The man nodded and started walking to the back exit of the bar

 

But---

 

She fumbled with her iphone inside her purse to check the time

 

Its way way past midnight who would in their right mind eat ice cream on the break of dawn,seriously are you kidding me,

 

Jessica mumbled reluctantly following him out.