You can keep a secret right?

Sharing my fluffy cloud

 

 

 

 

The character's thoughts are coloured gray, the rest are said out loud

Flashbacks are highlighted with this colour

(Phone conversation the person talking to the other line

 

 

Jessica heard the pitter patter of the rain hitting lightly on the misty windows, she fluttered her eyes opened and comfortably found herself wrap under a duvet in one of the Kwon’s guest rooms.

 

She let out a hefty yawn and slowly part from the fluffy bed, on the mirror her reflection stared back at her, dishevelled blonde hair and wrinkled clothes.

 

When did I get here?

 

Another yawn came out from her lips, shrugging she fixes herself before coming down the stairs. The house was abnormally quiet at this time, she scan the open space living room and found no one so she went straight to the kitchen, relieve filled her when she found two heads poking out from the long stylish dining chair.

 

She could recognize the two at a distance; the old couple was having their tea and leisurely looking at the sea by the large window while enjoying the presence of each other.

 

Auntie where are they?

 

Their conversation halted as they turn their heads to her direction.

 

Jessica dear you’re awake Mrs. Kwon exclaim with a motherly smile she answered they are out in the rain, don’t forget to wear rain boots kay~..they are on the rack, the umbrella are beside it.

 

Jessica nodded although her expression showed she was puzzled she doesn’t know why they were outside when it is raining.

 

Used the backdoor Jessica Mr. Kwon added in upon noticing the blonde’s jolted eyebrows.

 

She nodded again and slowly walks out from the kitchen, leading her to a double glass sliding door. It was slightly a jar so she wraps her fingers on the handle and pulled it towards the side creating a space enough for her to go through.

 

Taking wide strides her rain boots step foot on the brick pathway, Jessica begun to scan her surroundings, her eyes take on the scenery that had slowly come alive as the rain gently kisses life unto it.

 

Among it a colourful big umbrella took her attention, she started to pace straight to that direction.

 

She had reach in no time and found the people that she was searching earlier, Yuri was in the middle and on her left was her cousin and on her right was Joon. Above their heads three colourful umbrella were put together to protect them from the rain.

 

Hey, Jessica greeted catching her breathe 

 

The trio looked up and smiled at her. Her best friend then scooted closer to the right to make space for her to sit on the log. Cheondoong did the same and scooted on the left securing enough space so the blonde could sit comfortably. He gestured for her to sit beside him

 

Jessica did not even protest as the guy gave a beaming smile directed only for her.

 

Erm…., she cleared why are you all out here?

 

Yuri turned to her with a smile, the smile she seen was a smile of pure anticipation.

 

The rain would stop soon sica.

 

Jessica’s eyebrows knotted showing how unsure she was about the answer. Joon step up to explain more.

 

Whenever it rains, me, yul, doongie and g.o hyung the four of us, will be out here waiting for the rain to stop. When it stops the rainbow will appear and we would then try in pairs to find its end.

 

The knotted eyebrows loosen as Jessica turn to the trees surrounding the massive garden.

 

Isn’t that…… She commented in a low voice 

 

Absurd?? She did not dare to look at her left knowing that there is a chance of those orbs finding her

 

We know, with a light chuckle Cheondoong finish that’s why we stopped on the last day of high school.

 

Joon laugh loudly as he recalled something.

 

Oh! I remember that day it was too slippery, G.O hyung tripped. Yuri joined him giggling yeah and he went home with mud all over his face.

 

Jessica smiled imagining the scene then can we not look for the rainbow end today I want to experience, can i? please.

 

Yuri gave a thumbs up we go in pairs, she said smirking go with him.

 

But before Jessica could react the rain had slowly stop, little by little the sun’s rays peak through the horizon creating a rainbow.

 

Joon jumps up excitedly and pulled his girlfriend with him. They left hand in hand and walk towards the forest leaving them.

 

Contrary to someone who remains on her spot, dazedly watching how two’s intertwining hands sways back and forth.

 

Jessica turn her head to Cheondoong but the guy stood up and buried his hands on his jeans, she pouted slightly looking down on her hand but then when she look up a smiling him with his outstretch hand surprised her.

 

Come on Cheondoong held out his hand and Jessica gladly took it.

 

--------------------

 

There was a brick path which the couple was following on, after minutes they stop walking and did not venture further onto the forest.  Joon lean on the trunk of one of the trees.

 

Yuri caresses her boyfriend’s cheek, what’s wrong? You seem out of it.

 

Joon directed his eyes downwards and shook his head lightly.

 

Nothing, just….. do you know why hyung slipped that day when he is normally careful and attentive?

 

Hmm.. I don’t know??

 

Joon pulled Yuri closer and buried his head on her shoulder.

 

because I told him I have feelings for you.

 

His girlfriend let out a cute giggle

 

Ahh~.. so you must have given oppa a mini heart attack

 

I sure did, he mumbled but his reply was blunt he said I wasn’t fit for you.

 

Yuri pulled away so she could take a good look on his face.

 

Hey, that’s all in the past my parents already accepted you, oppa already accepted you.

 

I know and I’m thankful for that

 

-----------

 

Jessica shriek when her rain boots got stuck on the mud. She flails around resulting it to get stuck even more.

 

This got Cheondoong’s attention; he looked back in wonderment and stood with his arms cross observing her failed attempts.

 

Jessica growl in frustration, she stood straight up from her hunch position and cross her arms. What are you looking at?

 

He shrugs his shoulders and asked the obvious do you want my help?

 

With indifference she looks at him. How this guy could just asked the obvious then just stood there battling his eyelashes at her.She sighs and grabs a nearby branch from a tree for help instead. It gave her an extra boost of power and finally freed her boots.

 

Cheondoong smirk and resume walking ahead, he stop by the stream and sat down by the rock. 

 

Beads of sweat started to form on Jessica’s forehead, she felt like she had just gone through labour. She wipes her sweat and inhaled a lungful of air before following him.

 

I’ll assume that the two had told you everything about me

 

Her steps slowed down, she stood behind him after hearing this. I—that…Jessica bit her lip, when Cheondoong shifts and faces her.

 

So they really did,

 

She could only nod in response and averted her eyes from elsewhere.

 

Why are you nervous? Cheondoong tease

 

In a split second Jessica snapped her head towards him I’m not!

 

Okay if you say so, he said in a sing sang voice as he stood up and got near the stream. 

 

Jessica reluctantly stood beside him trying to sort out her thoughts so she could voice out her question.

 

The guy looks over his shoulder noticing the creased lines on her forehead, you probably gonna ask me if I’m okay with this life.

 

Jessica bit her lip and nodded curtly. Cheondoong look ahead so the blonde took this chance to stare at him, there was it the smile the smile that she always wanted to see on him.

 

Taking pictures will always be a part of me but being an architect is what I am now.

 

The corners of slowly rose up without her knowledge, when he smiles she get charm like it was a spell.

 

You can keep a secret right?

 

Jessica bolted from her reverie when a paper comes into view, Huh? She was puzzled, nonetheless accepted what he offered.

 

The boy folded the other half into a boat just like what he gave to her.

 

Jessica just curiously stares at the paper boat on her palm.

 

No one knew about this but I like how the paper boat floats unrestrained on this stream which I could clearly not.

 

He bends down and gently let the boat go, the stream took over and it slowly float away.

 

Cheondoong turns and started to walk back to the house while she however waited till the paper boat was too far from reach; Jessica look down on her hands the paper boat that he had given was safe on her palms.

 

Casting a sad smile she decided to keep the paper boat on her jacket’s pocket.