My way

Sharing my fluffy cloud

 

 

The character's thoughts are coloured gray, the rest are said out loud

Flashbacks are highlighted with this colour

(Phone conversation the person talking to the other line

 

Jessica pinches her nose bridge before massaging her wrist, the new semester started again, the week had yet barely reach half but workload had already piled up.

 

Another yawn escape from her lips, as she forces herself to re-focused on the notes that she’s currently writing. She was on the last column, summarizing the last complicated sentence.

 

Yuri who was in front of her, drop her pen and lean back on her chair. She had enough.

 

My head is about to crack her best friend whine, shaking her head in defeat.

 

The blonde chucked before putting her own pen down, lucky before laziness struck her, she had finished her notes. She leans back satisfied with her work.

 

A few minutes of silence surrounded them when Jessica had become uncomfortable of Yuri’s sly smirk fixated solely on her. The girl had something to say.

 

Yuri hunches forward like a creep.

 

So……..she dragged her words Sica why did you suddenly ask me about his address?

 

Jessica smiled showing her perfect set of teeth, she hunch forward onto the table meeting Yuri’s eyes.

 

Ahh~….… she answered don’t ask or I will flush your ma to the toilet bowl again like what I did last week.

 

Yuri’s shoulder drops down akin to tasting something sour her face contorted Shesh, she leans back I was just curious of what will you do with it, no need for your ajumma-ness to appear.

 

Good Jessica quickly replied, clasping her two hands.

 

Sunny who was quiet throughout the whole time put her book down that was covering her face. The conversation going between the two got her attention.

 

She asked something that has been bothering Wait, can someone tell me if that girl and doongie are still together?

 

Sunny look at them and they both nodded simultaneously, baffled she asked again

 

Then why are you, she turn to Yuri who was seated beside her, shoving your cousin to her if he’s taken already?.

 

See!!! Jessica pointed to Sunny agreeing with her

 

Yuri rolled her eyes, come on you all know the reason, why

 

What reason? Out of the blue Joon barge in and interrupted their chat, he kisses Yuri’s temple before sitting on an empty chair beside Jessica.

 

What a long way to get here Joon complains as he just walked from his own building which is the south to here the east. Although each building has its library, he pretty much preferred to spend the free periods of the new semester schedule with his girlfriend. He set his bag down on the table and got his laptop out.

 

He looks at the three gesturing them to continue what they were talking as he loads a programme.

 

Yuri opened again, starting where she left off

 

My cousin really got it bad, for all the girls he’s been with, sohee is the worst,…. she lowered her voice so the people around their table were the only ones who would hear the next part; she is an obsessed manipulative .

 

Sunny gazes at Yuri, awed struck of what she just heard, seriously!?..... but she seems nice? she questions cautiously

 

While the two were caught up with their conversation Jessica fumbled for her pockets and checks her phone, the screen lit up showing the time. She smiled with her eyes that seem to sparkle in anticipation.

 

-------

 

Hmm.. Cheondoong stirred from his sleep, he groans fluttering his eyes open.

 

He supported his body using his right hand and turns himself around from lying on his stomach, he next drags himself and got up to a sitting position before ruffling his messy morning hair.

 

Where?....

 

To check where he is, he rubbed and squint his barely open eyes to get a clear vision of the place. Upon recognizing that this was his room, his head drop backwards on the headboard.

 

The visible bump on his throat move after gulping back the saliva, he felt heavy all over plus his head felt like it would burst anytime soon. This was his worst hangover to date. He haven’t even move much but he felt exhausted and nauseous

 

It’s too cold today

 

Cheondoong directed his eyes downwards realizing the reason why he felt the chills, his upper body was bare. Instantaneously his eyes darted to the side of the bed and found it empty.

 

Fighting the urge to laze the whole day, he groggily stood up, with an unsteady feet he passed by the series of clothes scattered on the floor and among it he found his phone.

 

He could hardly make out the sentence from the message he received, it was from Sohee, and just staring at the screen of the phone is making his head pound and ooze.

 

I got early lectures so I….. Aggravated he tosses the phone to the bed and goes to take shower. Not even least interested reading the rest.

 

A half and hour later, he comes down the stairs, looking for pills to soothe the head splitting ache.

 

Cheondoong goes straight to the kitchen and found a plate covered with aluminium foil set over the counter. He figured that it was his breakfast.

 

He went pass it to the cupboard to get medicines first, after much rummaging; he finally found the tablets when the door bell rang.

 

He grabs a bottle of water from the fridge and ate a couple; he swallowed a mouthful of water to push it down.

 

The bell had ringed again hysterically this time, it was becoming difficult to let it past.

 

He releases an exasperated sigh and leisurely walks his way out from the kitchen to the living room until he had reached the main door.

 

He glances at the small LCD intercom on the wall before opening the doors. A delivery man greeted him with a mega watt smile. The guy bowed briefly before telling him what he was there for.

 

Are you by any chance Mr. Park Cheondoong?

 

Cheondoong nodded before casually tilting the bottle of water so he could drink its contents.

 

The guy patted his red bag that he carried. Then I am very happy to deliver this pac--

 

Cheondoong held out his hand

 

The guy’s face change dismally while handing out the package.

 

It was rude cutting the guy’s speech off, Cheondoong knew. He was nice, yes, but his voice isn’t. It was intolerably too loud and too cheerful for someone with a hangover.

 

Cheondoong closes the door and set the bottled water on the counter, he open the plastic gray package while making his way upstairs. He had reached the corridor and slides the packaging from whatever is inside.

 

With widen eyes; his steps come into a stop. A memory has unravelled itself without his consent.

 

Daebak, woah…. money is definitely worth subscribi-----…….

 

His jaw line delineated for forcefully stopping his own mind to wheeled more memories that should have been buried lost and forgotten by now.

 

Cheondoong blink refocusing his sight when his eyes caught something out of place, there was a yellow post it note stuck on the bottom of the cover

 

From: Jessica

Its not meat like what you want but don’t get mad, it’s my way of thanking you. 

 

He deeply sighs letting the magazine daggle on his hands. Cheondoong continued the way to his room, he went in, passing a trashcan situated on the corner.

 

Cheondoong halted and retracted his steps, his eyes darted to the trashcan and to the magazine he was holding specifically at the note stuck on it.

 

Jessica he mumbled, he was torn, the more he looks at her handwritten name, the more he contemplates of doing what he is about to do.

 

The hell

 

He scoffs and madly rips the note out from the magazine, it crumbled under his palms until his knuckles whiten, he flung it to the trashcan followed by the magazine.