Cryptic sign language

Sharing my fluffy cloud

 

 

The character's thoughts are coloured gray, the rest are said out loud

Flashbacks are highlighted with this colour

(Phone conversation the person talking to the other line

 

 

Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!..

 

Jessica jerked up and got hysterical, kicking the innocent vegetable out of her own bed.

 

Her best friend giggled bending down to pick the bruise cucumber from the floor.

 

Geez! Look at you going frantic; what is so scary about this harmless cute green veg.

 

I don’t care throw it out or else I’ll throw your ma, Jessica started sniffing the covers of her duvet and her pillows obsessively.

 

Yuri sigh okay~.. Peace, will you just stop sniffing?

 

Well thanks to you, I have to changed everything again, its smells like that evil thing. 

 

Her best friend rolled her eyes, come out now, let’s have breakfast then we’ll go shopping.

 

Jessica’s ears perked up shopping? She raised her head and stopped whatever peculiar activity she was doing a moment ago.

 

Did you forget its autumn sale today?

 

The blonde grab something from her bed side table, she started grunting in dissatisfaction seeing that the hand of the clock is pointing at her not so ideal time of waking up.

 

But it’s too early its still 10 am Yuri.

 

Yuri showed the long green vege again swaying it dangerously on the blonde’s line of sight another dolphin shriek vibrated on the girl’s ear. Oh well let her eardrums bust but she won’t let her friend close those eyelids again.

 

With a few taunts, curses, kicks, smacks, punches and a whole load of those supersonic dolphin scream, Yuri had successfully overpowered the blonde’s will of sleeping again.

 

-----------

 

Yuri closes the door of her best friend’s room after seeing that Jessica had completely parted from her bed; she strolled down the hallway leading to their kitchen.

 

Her boyfriend who was seated around the dining table, turn to her.

 

So can you still hear?

 

She just scoffs and sat on his lap. I might visit the doctor soon.

 

Aww~.. my Minnie

 

Joon rested his forehead unto hers while Yuri wrapped her arms around his neck, he then pulled her in for a long kiss.

 

Ding dong~..

 

Yuri pulled away and stared at Joon gesturing him that he should get the door. Joon could only complain silently as he sluggishly stood up to open the door.

 

A younger male with brown-ish hair who had the same resemblance as him appeared on the doorway still on his pjs.

 

Morning hyung~.. the boy went pass him and went straight to the kitchen, he sat opposite of Yuri who already was eating her breakfast.

 

Morning noona~..

 

Morning, mireu so you wanna go shopping with us?

 

Mir who nearly choked on a piece of meat patted his chest.

 

I have a group study today, so yeah~..

 

He laughed nervously afraid that his lie would be exposed, shopping together with them meant dying and he decided that he was too young to die yet.

 

Yah!.. Joon smack his shoulder You liar, you said you---

 

Change of plans he immediately replied smirking well hyung shopping is another way of building muscles, its good for you.

 

I can’t believe I have a brother like you

 

I know right mir replied intentionally annoying the hell out of his older brother.

 

Morning noona~..

 

Jessica who had just finished her morning rituals sat her self beside him. She just nodded too tired to speak up.

 

Yuri lean back on her chair watching them with a smile, deep within that smile was concern for her cousin and a hope, a wish that he would be able to experience this again, to have the people you care about around you. She just wants Cheondoong to return to his old self and by that to happen he needs someone who could understand him.

 

---------------

 

 

Cheondoong just woke up and rubbed his two eyes; he got up slowly in a sitting position burying his head on his knees.

 

Morning feels too empty 

 

He sighed inwardly when a clattering of pans alarmed him; he darted out of bed on the way downstairs to the source of the noise.

 

He stop on his track and heaved a deep sigh, ruffling his hair for getting worked up so early, he just recognized the owner of the figure who wore an over size shirt.   

 

Oppa! Sohee called out, I cook breakfast go and wash up first.

 

Cheondoong nodded turning the heel of his feet.

 

Of course last night after they fought he asked Sohee to stay just something to lessen from the guilt that is eating him.

 

He looked at his reflection as the water trickled down on his face dripping its way back to the sink. Disgust and self loathing is what he felt looking at the guy who is looking back at him.

 

You are still dragging her down with you, when will you stop?

 

He came down the stairs after wearing a shirt and saw Sohee preparing the plates on the counter; he was pulled over and made to sit on the high chair. Sohee place a fried egg and a hotdog on his plate.

 

I’m sorry he whispered

 

Sohee turn to him meeting his eyes. Oppa, I should be the one apologizing for being unreasonable last night. She caress his cheek, uttering again the words that she knew will never be reciprocated but like everyone else who is blinded by love was still hoping someday it will be.

 

I love you

 

Hearing it Cheondoong responds with his usual promise, however he knew that just by saying it won’t make a difference its words from mouth but not from the heart itself, it will just be one of his many empty promises just like what he is right now, empty.

 

I’ll try harder this time I promise

 

The younger girl broke into a huge smile this made Cheondoong smile too he lean in and kiss her forehead pulling her into a hug.

 

But I don’t think I could give you what you deserve. 

 

 

------------

 

 

Jessica and Yuri practically went to every shop not leaving without carrying bags upon bags and more bags to add to their mountain full of purchases. Lucky for them Joon was there to carry everything. Oh! The privilege of having a whipped boyfriend,

 

The city was bustling with people mostly compost of couples or just girls with their friends enjoying sale.

 

Joon huff and puff avoiding bumping to people, it was harder since he got his two hands full, he reach the girls who was standing on the middle of the street contemplating what shop to go next.

 

He groans standing in between them pushing his way in the middle

 

I understand sales makes all girls crazy but you have to understand too, I’m dying here

 

Yuri held her boyfriend’s cheek, caressing it briefly. Awww~.. mickey she answered why don’t you put the shopping bags in the car so you would not have to carry it all.

 

Joon immediately back away expressing his displeasure bbbuut I did that twice already and the parking lot is too…...far away.

 

There was a squeal of delight, and he knew that his reply fell on deaf ears again. He sighed regretting of letting Mir skipped this torture. Joon unhappily followed the two.

 

The trio were let in by the automatic doors, the smell of pastries and fresh brewed coffee invaded their nostrils. They walk down the aisle to the clear well lit glass shelves where the café displayed their utmost mouth watering pastries.

 

With eyes sparkling in hunger, the three pressed their faces closer onto the glass already salivating in glee. 

 

After making with a matching quotation of hands in the air a "difficult" decision well not really it was just their shikshin and gluttony self kicking in they took a while to choose. The trio finally sat with their orders in the last vacant table.

 

Jessica lifts her hot beverage bringing it closer to her lips. She smiled curtly because the sweetness triggered an event. For her the hot chocolate will forever be link to that someone.

 

Hot chocolate is Cheondoong

 

and Cheondoong is the unexpected someone that appears whenever she thought they would never meet again. Like now,

 

Doongie? Yuri jumped up hugging her cousin, are you here alo—

 

Someone appeared behind her cousin, the question was left unfinished of course she hiss, rolling her eyes secretly she ignored the unwanted guest and pulled her cousin to sit with them. 

 

A short introduction was given for Sohee before the group totally settled on their seats

 

Jessica saw how this girl (over) affectionately feed Cheondoong.

 

She suddenly felt uncomfortable shifting slightly on her seat. The view brought an unsettled sentiment inside along with the feeling of gradual heaviness clogging in a sense of suffocating her however she felt it form mainly on the chest area where the heart is, as if her heart had gain weight pulling her body downwards.

 

Unconsciously her forehead begun to form creases

 

She could no longer understand her mood, she was happy just moments ago and now she was feeling dejected?.

 

Why do I feel bitter all of a sudden?

 

She felt the need to be judgemental and had already categorized the girl as those who would go to a certain extent of putting their boyfriends in a leash, the desperate kinds.

 

She looks up and found him smiling but the smile was not directed for her it was for this unfamiliar girl who was too happy at the moment.

 

Annoyance suddenly erupted from her

 

Okay!??... Why is she smiling like she own the world??

 

Jessica sighs inwardly shaking her head.

 

Why am I even annoyed on the first place??

 

She glances over at Yuri and found the girl looking at them; specifically at this girl name Sohee, possibly searing holes through her forehead. She laughs silently feeling satisfied.

 

Satisfied??

 

She ponders drifting away with her thoughts.

 

Their table was rather quiet, almost too quiet, Joon was eating his share focusing mainly on the food before his eyes, the guy was obviously hungry while Yuri was still shooting silent glares to Sohee, Sohee was oblivious, too busy to notice anyone, in fact Cheondoong is all she sees, Jessica as usual was stuck on another dimension. The only sane one was Cheondoong who noticed the awkward air and tension around them.

 

Guys? Cheondoong dared to break the ice, trying to communicate with the other people who occupy the seats around the table.

 

I see you have quite a lot of bags. He smiled to tease

 

Yuri who snaps out of her hating mode, grinned at her cousin.

 

Of course sales season only comes rarely.

 

Joon who just gulped his last cake looked up joining the conversation with the purpose of adding his frustration over the matter.

 

Yah! I tell you my hands were about to ran away, how about you join us and help me carry some of this.

 

Yuri ears perked up hearing the word “join us” like it was deliberately bolded to emphasize, hammering through her head, her foot under the table acted kicking his shin silently protesting as she doesn’t want to be stuck on the same space for the next hour or so together with her, something disastrous is bound to happen. She had never been so sure.

 

Cheondoong turn to his girlfriend for her answer but a noise from her bag interrupted a Yes from rolling off her tongue. She fish out the device and click some buttons to shut it off.

 

Jessica who apparently is back from earth looks around darting her eyes from Sohee to Cheondoong. The noise had pulled her out from her thoughts.

 

Sohee stood up and bowed down apologetically I’m sorry everyone, semester break is over for me, my lectures starts today so I can’t join you.

 

Yuri who smiled albeit too happy inwardly leap in joy.

 

Don’t we only want my cousin anyways.

 

Cheondoong stood up I’ll walk you out.

 

The girl smiled and wave goodbye before walking hand in hand along with him outside the café.

 

 

---------------

 

 

It was sometime between 4 oclock the group left the café, they stood in the middle of the pathway forming a croak circle. Cheondoong who was busy texting his girlfriend some message did not have his full attention on.

 

The couple who saw this chance started planting their schemes to work. Joon who finally understand his girlfriend’s cryptic sign language tap his best friend’s shoulder.

 

Doongie my arms are tired could you carry these shopping bags please??

 

He asked, his eyes glinting in mischievousness the blonde who saw everything glared at the two sending her message of disapproval but it was too late Cheondoong who did not have a clue, finished fiddling with his phone grab all the bags given to him unaware that all of it belongs to Jessica.

 

Yuri who forced her lips into a thin line avoided Jessica’s murderous glares and work on her part. She got out her phone.

 

Oh, I have a message from a friend.

 

She look at her cousin and lastly at the glaring blonde.

 

She said she’s here and she wants to return the book she borrowed from me.

 

Joon who look over furrowed his eyebrows the message that Yuri was saying doesn’t exist in fact the screen had nothing on, her iphone was even turn off.

 

Jessica who had her eyes shooting lasers by now knew what Yuri was doing she did not need to see her iphone for she knew it was faked so she countered attack.

 

Yul I know where she is let’s go together

 

Ha!! You will never get away.. FAIL!

 

She smirks proudly not expecting her best friend’s comeback.

 

You know her?? I don’t think so, what is her name then?

 

Freaking Biatch don’t do this to me

 

Oh yeah~…whose your mama?

 

The blonde had gape open she step forward ready to pull her best friend’s hair in desperation but before she could commit such crime

 

The girl step back and wave goodbye pulling her boyfriend along with her. They broke into a sprint leaving the blonde in predicament.

 

She slowly turns to Cheondoong who smirk in return.

 

I know what those guys are planning.

 

Jessica gulped in panic biting her lower lip guilty of what’s to come.

 

 

Author's note: I finally introduce mir to all of you, he is Joon’s younger brother, as you can see he rarely hangs out with the 3 (joon,jessica and yuri) no worries, he will sprout randomly so he won’t be gone ^^ (I promise) and he also made his first appearance on chap 3 the guy that sunny was hating in the club the guy with the sunshine smile signature..^^

 

And oh I may not have explained this clearly but joon and mir lives in the apartment next door, next to the girls.

 

That's basically everything....bye!