Killer heels

Sharing my fluffy cloud

 

The character's thoughts are coloured gray, the rest are said out loud

Flashbacks are highlighted with this colour.

 

Jessica watch the figure of the stranger who had saved her yet again, she was lagging behind for her heels were starting to hurt her feet.

 

Regret was the word that twirled her mind, heels were surely not for walking long distances and she knew that, she followed him thinking that the shop he mentioned earlier was just a few walks, away from the club.

 

A big fat NO rang on her ears.

 

She could not even remember the way back to the club or how much time had pass since then, she doesn’t care anymore where she would end up, she just want to rest her aching feet.

 

Does this shop still exist in this world?

 

Or should we walk to afterlife and check there to make sure.

 

Her sarcasm was slap again by silence; clearly she was being ignored and it’s starting to irk her. For every step she took she curses and winces worried if her toes are still intact or what, for she could not feel them anymore.

 

Damn you whatever or whoever you are,

 

Yes

 

The man announces happily, Jessica stood up straight surprise to see the man standing so close to her.

 

He heard me?

 

We are here

 

The man smiled opening a door belonging to a small shop.

 

She walks inside and felt the rushed of warm air mixing with the cold air brought by the opened door, she looked around and found the stranger already sat himself on one of the available chairs in the corner.

 

Jessica eyed him annoyed that he looked too comfortable; she should be the one sitting first for she had walk a mile of course that was her exaggeration.

 

She was about to sit down and finally rest her aching feet when the stranger spoke too cheerfully almost sadistically mocking her current state, again that was only her imagination.

 

Cookies and cream

 

He spoke pointing his index finger somewhere giving her directions.

 

The blonde bit her tongue afraid she would voice out curses that she's currently throwing at him, she turn around and obediently did what’s asked.

 

He ate the last bit of his ice-cream in silence while Jessica had just finished hers.

 

She looks down on her right feet and half took off her heel, her fair skin were mugged by reddish sores. She hisses in pain about to take off her other heel when the stranger stood up and threw the plastic cup.

 

He smiled and gestured for her to follow. Jessica gritted her teeth,

 

Oh for goodness sake my feet

 

no choice were left for her to take but to wear the heels again

 

The dawn breeze was colder, the street was emptier this time, seldom cars and people were passing by. Jessica thought the silence that hanged above earlier would consume them again as they picked their pace back however she was mistaken.

 

Why do you have to wear that?

 

Huh?

 

Her steps stop as well as the stranger’s ones. They stood with a good distance in between facing each other.

 

That heels, if you know that it will only hurt your feet.

 

Jessica burst, taking the mere statement as an insult to her knowledge, fury boosted her up as she power walk to him, forgetting her aching feet.

 

F.Y.I Mr---

 

She stopped, her jaw hang awkwardly from , it only occurred to her that she is having an argument with someone she doesn’t know not even a name. His significance was just a stranger who had unrelentingly saved her from misfortunes.

 

I don’t understand why you have to wear heels. So what if you’re short? Well you are short. Why get yourself in pain just to have a few cm added to your height.

 

The blonde broke from her trance and counter attack.

 

What!! Who the hell are you to say that to me?

 

I’m cheon--

 

Don’t bother I am not interested

 

She crosses her arms releasing an aura measuring up to that of a sergeant armed with weaponry glares. The stranger let out a smirk, got down with one knee and rested his black jeans comfortably on the cold pavement. 

 

Your feet are dying sergeant.

 

He looked up grinning innocently.

 

Jessica look down on him, gone were the glares along with that sergeant aura. She was wavering slightly, she’s aware that she is in pain further doubling her discomfort.

 

Admitting it to him that she is indeed was another war, the words were on the tip of her tongue, itching to be let out but she must stand her ground.

 

They are not dying.

 

The man turns around crouching down.

 

Okay then climb on my back

 

No 

 

He scoffs, rolled his eyes on its socket and stayed on the spot looking ahead on the almost empty street. He hummed to mock her for he knew the blonde would crack anytime now. He actually heard her hissing in pain on the way but remain mum about it.

 

Jessica look down on her feet and look at the back figure, she was having an inner battle, battling with her none other enemy, her pride plus dignity, she added dignity so it would not look so pathetic.

 

Okay why am I even considering this? He is a stranger right? The stranger who saved me last week, who lent me his shirt, gave me chocolate milk, the one who saved me again today and now offering me a piggy ride to save my dying feet.

 

Wouldn’t it be you know??.. Should I? If he

 

I will not say anything

 

The stranger broke her thoughts

 

Give me your heels and get on.

 

Jessica reluctantly got on his back after taking off her heels and giving it to him, she thought it would be awkward along with the glossary of synonyms she could ever think related to that word.

 

However for the first time in her life Jessica was thankful being proven wrong. His back was warm and it made her comfortable. Her body relax feeling the serenity slowly settling in around them.

 

Her guard crumble like biscuits crushed into little grains. She held her arms around his neck tighter and without a hint of shyness she snuggles closer.

 

Man just look at these, these could be used as weapons.

 

Using his shoulder, Jessica manage to peek, the stranger was examining her red stilettos. She giggled imagining a face full of wonderment.

 

This is not just a heel these are killer heels.

 

That was it; the catalyst to a start of something undeniable, like breathing it came naturally, the conversation flowed. 

 

Prior to this friendly atmosphere the two nearly got into a heated argument and now akin to a feeling diagnosed of having amnesia, they were now conversing like nothing happen. It seems more believable if the two posses a bipolar personality.

 

Silly questions to silly answers to sarcasms to anything, they could think of were thrown in the conversation. Soon the giggle turned into a huge fit of laughter.

 

A few more blocks and they’re reaching the club, Jessica prevented a yawn after finding her eyelids getting heavier, her voice and the stranger’s ones were turning inaudible she heard the word architecture lastly before letting go of consciousness.

 

-----

 

The room was bathed in orange glow resulted from the light of the afternoon sun stubbornly peaking in the little spaces of the window blinds.

 

A blonde jerks up pulling the white duvet from her waist and resting the fabric above her head, covering her body fully.

 

Wait?………………

 

With one swift motion swoosh the duvet end up on her legs revealing her last night clothes.

 

Why am I?.... how did I got home?

 

Jessica mumbled with a baffled expression looking around the room for confirmation. She sluggishly got up straight to the bathroom granting a big yawning sound.  

 

As usual it took an hour or so for her to finish her morning rituals. She came out wearing a gray sweat pants with drawstring waist and for the top a simple black shirt.

 

The apartment was strangely quiet she wondered where everybody had gone to, by now she would have been greeted by a number of faces she always see in the morning.

 

Jessica took the route to the living room upon seeing that the kitchen was void of people. Still in her sleepy state she started dragging her feet across and sat on the leathered couch’s arm rest, she let her body fall expecting as always to bounce off slightly on the soft cushion.

 

But today she never did, something hard welcome her. Her suspicion stirs up when she heard a grunt of pain.

 

That something turns into someone in a matter of seconds, Jessica jump on her two feet, her eyes were wide as saucers. The moment the intruder stood up and face her, blame it on the instinct or reflex she grab the closest thing and with all the energy she can summoned she threw it.

 

The heels travelled in air like a shrunken from a ninja movie and it hit the intruder square on the head, he fell akin to a feeling of a sack of potatoes being drop on the floor, a loud thud erupted telling her it was a success.

 

A shuffle of feet, a door being unlock hastily and the two people she expected earlier emerged with ragged breathing on the living room.

 

What did you do?

 

Yuri halted clamping with a hand. Her boyfriend Joon sprinted stopping beside her.

 

Joon step closer his eyes bulge out at the sight. He pointed a finger and claim finally the identity of the intruder.

 

That is my best friend

 

Your best friend?

 

Jessica verified the statement into a question still bewildered of the new found information.

 

Yes and her cousin

 

Jessica turned to Yuri your cousin?

 

Yes my cousin

 

My god 

 

Author's note: guys sorry for the delay, i got sidetrack anyways i revealed info for that stranger..

what a small world isn't it? and guys i would really really love it if you comment....pls do.. am i desperate?? T_T..

yes i am.. i need feedback..*ranting*... how about a deal?? i will post the next chap within 3 days if i got 3-4 comments in return.

any comment is welcome *except for hurtful ones*..