Then let me help you find you

Sharing my fluffy cloud

 

 

 

The character's thoughts are coloured gray, the rest are said out loud

Flashbacks are highlighted with this colour

(Phone conversation the person talking to the other line

 

 

Jessica face palms her self and rolled her eyes for god knows how many times now that it’s beginning to make her feel nauseas, she shudders involuntarily looking at the couple on the front seat of the car.

                                                      

Guys, will you stop with the mushy love exchanged, one more and I’ll open this door and jump off.

 

The two who sat on the front exchanged knowing looks and burst into a laughing fit, mocking her.

 

Ajumma Sica alert~… alert~…

 

Don’t start Joon, I still haven’t let you two off after what you did to me 2 days ago.

 

Oh come on! Minnie help?? Joon turned to his girlfriend for help.

 

Sica’s just shy Mickey, that’s her way of saying thank you so Sica you’re very much welcome.

 

The couple celebrated the defeat of Ajumma Sica by high fiving each other, soon the two went back to their own bubble world and continued their mushy moment by stealing pecks of kisses from each other

 

Hmm~..yummy Minnie

 

Hmm~..yummy Mickey

 

The blonde scoff sending her final glare before turning her attention outside, a small smile played on her lips as her thoughts drifted off from days ago.

 

After nearly 2 hours of driving the trio arrive on the outskirts of Seoul. The asphalt road were beginning to narrow, little wooden fences started to appear on the side pathway, set up to protect the large spaces of land occupied by nothing but lushes of greeneries.

 

On their right, the clear blue waters of the sea and its golden sand were seen, only a two feet tall sea wall made of bricks separates the paradise from the road.

 

Up ahead coming into view were the little houses’ roofs, shops signs and a number of high rise buildings. There was no doubt the town was modernized but still is keeping its traditions.

 

It was quarter past in the morning with the short hand of the clock pointing to number ten however the sky did not improve; it was still murky looking, a common indication that autumn season is ending and winter will be there soon.

 

Joon made a right turn on the T-junction towards the only private area of the town, the asphalt road ended shortly as the tires begun to make its way to a series of pebbles embedded into a concrete driveway.

 

The black SUV Q5 Audi came into a halt until the ignition died down turning the car to a complete stationary.

 

Distance by a few metres a big mansion greeted his sight although he had been here numerous times before more than he could count using both of his fingers and toes, the architectural contemporary design of the house still gives a feeling of awe.

 

In addition to the feeling it also makes him wonder why her girlfriend had no passion for this career when she is in a family of architects. Their family history is no joke; architecture clearly runs in their blood, starting from Yuri’s mother. The woman is no different, taking also the same career path as her grand father, father and older brother. It was no shocker when she fell for an architect too; she married a childhood friend of theirs who was working under their company changing her surname from Park to Kwon.

 

Joon had remembered how Yuri would always proudly declare that this home is the fruit of the love that her parents have for each other. Mrs. Kwon is an architect designer while her husband is an architectural engineer, a perfect combination for each other who both had poured their sweat, tears, dedication and time to create their dream contemporary family home.

 

His eyes focused on each aspect of the house, big windows, open wide spaces, and its complex shaped. The house was build in a mixture of various natural materials such as wood steel, stone and glass combine in a beautiful balance making it more prominent and alluring.

These were the features that had catapult A+ their company name from being one of the most sought after company on the market of designing state of the art houses today.

 

His train of thoughts had been broken when he heard a simultaneous doors being shut the girls had gotten off from the car. He cautiously followed them out, closing the door slowly.

 

He glances at his girlfriend who suddenly sprints towards the shore; he gulped as his eyes darted to the house, mainly on that double closed door, he suddenly felt nervous dreading who would show from the door.

 

 

---------------

 

 

Meanwhile Cheondoong who apparently arrive before them stood where the sea meets the sand, looking down he saw the fronts of his shoes were touching the calm waters of the sea as it runs back and forth on the shore, a curt smile then appeared on his face as the cold salty air fills his lungs evoking memories from year’s way back.

 

The fine lines of his smile become more define as a body collided against his. He hopped slightly on the left relieving his balance as Yuri tightly hugged him on the side.

 

Couz I miss you being here

 

Nodding he return the hug putting both of his arms around her

 

Well it’s nice to be back after those 2 years

 

Yuri chuckled pushing him lightly, what time did you get here?

 

Fifteen minutes early before you guys

 

Jessica decided to stay put as the two were already making their way back towards her, her stares were unconsciously fixed on Yuri’s cousin who was smiling ever so brightly, it was a rare sight to see even though it was not directed for her she can’t help it, the smile was too contagious that its making her smile.

 

The trio walk together to Joon noticing something’s wrong with the guy. He was obviously tense, sweating bullets and unmoving. His expression is somewhere between being constipated, in pain and petrified 

 

Cheondoong instantly understood what had made his best friend like this, he snigger inwardly patting his shoulder causing the poor soul to jump in fright.

 

Don’t worry G.O hyung could not come so no scary mustache hyung.

 

The trio saw how Joon’s face lit up in relief he immediately held a hand waving it on air to vehemently deny their claims stuttering on the process.

 

Yah! what are you talking about? That’s not what I…. you know I was you know---

 

Yuri and Jessica giggled rolling their eyes

 

Scared? The girls chorus as they walk on a flight of stairs ignoring his chaotic explanations.

 

 

-----------------

 

 

With a few doorbell rings the door opened, on a doorway stood a big middle age man with a black frame glasses wearing a pink apron on.

 

The man immediately released a boisterous laughter upon seeing who the guests are.

 

Dad, Yuri leaps on her father’s embrace, shortly after Cheondoong joins the two.

 

The three broke apart smiling, the man turns to the other two who bowed down greeting him, he patted their heads acknowledging their polite gesture and without sparing another second he excitedly ushered them towards the living room.

 

Honey! Mr. Kwon called out his deep voice resonated throughout the huge room, after two calls, a middle age woman wearing the same apron emerge on the corner.

 

Mum, Yuri dashes on the said woman enveloping her into a hug. The two parted and walk towards the crowd. Mrs. Kwon saw her nephew and immediately pulled him closer.

 

Oh my….  Doongie you look taller, she held his cheeks between her palms.

 

And more handsome too

 

Cheondoong broke into a big grin pulling the woman to a hug.

 

I miss you auntie.

 

I miss you too.  

 

Wait! Why are you looking so thin? What have you been eating?

 

Yuri smiled grateful that Cheondoong was able to step foot again in this house after two years, two years of avoidance, two years of refusal of concern, two years of wanting to be alone dealing with the pain. Two whole years and maybe even now he still does.  

 

Indeed it was two very long years without him.

 

Her smile turned upside down for a second, Yuri sighs lightly composing her own self before she spoiled the mood. She held her boyfriend’s hands as they were lead to the dining hall.

 

The dining hall is an open space with lengthy windows stretching from the floor up towards the high rise ceiling. It had great view presenting the magnificent vast ocean freely to be enjoyed by anyone. It was nature as it its best offered right before your very eyes.

 

The table was bustling with energy as Yuri glance up momentarily meeting his father’s gaze, it was glinting in delight as he then resume talking to her cousin.

 

We really did miss you, why do you have to push us away?

 

Frustrations over her cousin’s way of dealing with pain clouded her thoughts; these were two years of pent up emotions.  

 

She woke up from her reverie when her mother’s cheerful laughter reverberates on her ears; the woman was busy tending Cheondoong’s needs by filling his plate with varieties of foods that she had cooked.  

 

The dishes mostly had meat in them since her cousin loves to eat meat so much. Yuri’s mood gradually became lighter as she remembered a memory from the past.

 

Wake up! wake up! a young Cheondoong in his pajamas yelled out pulling them out from their comfy bed.

 

Yuri who was barely awake looked at him, yawning.

 

She saw her older brother G.O on the floor, rubbing his bum after he fell.

 

I dreamt of eating samgyupsal, he grinned showing his teeth  

 

You What!? The two chorused

 

Come on, let’s eat meat

 

Are you freaking kidding us?

 

The siblings were flabbergasted as they looked at the clock and looked back at him,

 

it was four am in the morning.

 

And they thought he had lost it.

 

A smile crept on her face as she finally decided to join the conversation. There will be a day she will confront him about what she feels for now she will have to take baby steps.

 

Jessica remain quiet just taking subtle glances over the four mainly at him, the corner of her lips had tugged upwards at the sight of how he was being pampered, She remembered her a conversation with Yuri.

 

Yuri had said to her that Cheondoong is always well taken care of when he visits instead of being jealous Yuri was often thankful for it because not once Doongie had felt his parents gave this treatment to him.

 

Oh….. We have run out of samgyupsal, Mrs. Kwon was about to stand up when Jessica politely offered.

 

Jessica got up, going to the kitchen counter, she lifted a tray and carefully walked back to dining table when she came across some photos displayed on a glossy floating shelves.

 

A particular photo caught her attention more, a photo of four people with the beach as the background. She had seen this photo thrice or more; it was definitely not her first visit here. Two years ago she was brought here and was introduced to the Kwon’s.

 

Call it destiny, fate or was it god if he exist or whoever was out there

 

The month when her parents had finally allowed her to pursue her dreams

 

Was also the same month when Cheondoong’s parents died

 

The day Jessica had opened herself to a new world

 

Was also the day Cheondoong had shut himself away from the world.

 

She could have meet him and know what was his old self like.

 

Like this guy in this photo posing with a peace sign beside Yuri, a big contagious smile plastered on his face while an old looking camera dangled on his neck.

 

For this guy………………. was the real Cheondoong

 

And she wanted to bring him back.

 

It looks like you haven’t found it yet then let me help you find you.

 

 

--------------

 

 

It was way past 2 oclock on the afternoon when the four of them heard about the big juicy strawberries grown inside a green house that had just ripen. They were asked by Mrs. Kwon if they want to help and harvest the strawberries in return she would make them into a jam for them to bring at home. The four excitedly agreed and hurriedly set out.

 

For Jessica it was a chance to bring the old Cheondoong back. She brought her dslr camera and started taking photos hoping that somehow something would awaken inside him.

 

Jessica leap inwardly when Cheondoong took notice of her, on her peripheral vision she saw how he look at the camera with longing but the stubborn guy turn away almost instantly and begun picking strawberries and putting them in a basket.

 

Okay, I need to be closer

 

Jessica pretended to stretch as she slowly and deliberately sat beside him with a distance, enough for her target to see her and enough to see the camera she was holding. She secretly looks at him waiting for his reaction.

 

Minutes after minutes, there was nothing, the guy did not even look at her nor open his mouth to speak.

 

Waiting is not really her forte with her thinning patience she resulted to a desperate coughing fit just to gain his attention and thank god she did.

 

Cheondoong turn to her with an amused grin, is your throat dry?

 

No, she answered quickly pretending to be looking at the pictures she had taken hoping that he would look at the camera.

 

But when she looks up Cheondoong was gone and had move on the other side, on another row of strawberries. 

 

Grrrr!!! she snarled… okay lets take this the hard way

 

She walk closer to him and stood with her hand on her hips, she was about to punch some sense into him not literally of course however his words had took an effect on her and the opposite happen.

 

Sergeant they smell like you

 

Cheondong opened his palm showing a strawberry that he had just plucked out. 

 

This made Jessica drop the camera letting it dangle on her neck at the same time her hand that was on her hips slowly limp to the side as she look at the strawberry and back at the smiling guy.

 

Jessica bit her lower lip, stopping the corners of her lips to go upwards as it was itching to smile.

 

The statement given was ridiculous but it had brought a warm fuzzy feeling.

 

You mean I smell like them

 

Kinda

 

It was funny how that one statement compose of 5 words had wipe out her mind clean on what her goals was, he surely did melt her into little puddles, Jessica hang the camera to a nearby hook embed on the timber and left it.

 

She sat beside him and started picking strawberries.

 

Hey, do you really have to call me sergeant? She asked above whisper

 

Why? Have you been promoted to general?

 

Yah! Jessica sent a glare but it was obviously futile at the snickering him. She had guessed that glares don’t really work for him with a sigh she resumes her work, thinking of her counterattack.

 

Then if you won’t stop then I’ll call you………………. meat terminator

 

Meat terminator? Cheondoong snigger, What a greeeeeat comeback!  The sarcastic tone in his voice did not go unnoticed by the blonde.

 

Jessica turns to him with a stoic expression unaffected by his teases

 

I don’t care stop calling me sergeant because I haven’t been to the army and I will never be.

 

Army? Army suits you, do you consider changing careers? I’m sure army needs someone like you sergeant.

 

Ugh! With a pitch higher than her normal she shriek and childishly tilted his worn cap over his face, Jessica smirk triumphantly as she scooted a few feet away from him.

 

Meat terminator!!! she exclaim poking her tongue out

 

Cheondoong laugh as he fixes the cap on his head.

 

Yuri who had heard this immediately looks up, hearing a genuine laughter coming from her cousin. She nudges Joon who was busy eating some strawberries at the corner. 

 

Look how ajumma Sica had made Doongie laugh

 

 

--------------

 

 

After filling two baskets full of ripe strawberries, they went back inside straight to the kitchen where they know Mrs. Kwon is waiting.

 

The cousins put their aprons on and started rinsing the strawberries, the two who could not cook to even save their lives excuse themselves and sat on the corner to watch.

 

Jessica crosses her legs, and lowered her head and laid it above on her two folded arms on the table.

 

She let out a silent sigh, as she watches him expertly handle the knife cutting the strawberries in half.

 

Thoughts and more thoughts clogged her mind it was of course all about him.

 

She doesn’t know why she was doing this or why was she so willing to help him or even the determination that is fuelling her, she doesn’t know where it comes from.

 

More whys arises as she dig deeper, her mind swirled confusing her.

 

Why him? she mummbled 

 

why………. me?

 

why……… us?

 

Jessica knew that the only way for questions to find their answers is to throw her own self to life’s possibilities, to let her self go with the flow and see where it would take her.

 

And that is what she is going to do from now on

 

In fact she thinks that she had already found the answer to her first question

 

Your smiles are rare but if it’s not too much I want to see you smile always.

 

She felt her eyelids getting heavier, she yawned closing her eyes on the process.

 

 

Author's note: ohh~.. this chap is meaty it had a lot of info..hope you like it, next time i'll post its double update