Sanity

Sharing my fluffy cloud

 

 

 

The character's thoughts are coloured gray, the rest are said out loud

Flashbacks are highlighted with this colour

(Phone conversation the person talking to the other line

 

Jessica throw her head in frustration, she breathes in deeply closing her eyes in the process.

 

So what are you gonna do now? she asked herself half scolding, she was still for a while even the faint noise of her breathing stop till her lips form into a smile.

 

She opens her eyes and dash out.

 

She had never remembered breathing this hard before or running this fast either but that doesn’t matter now in fact nothing matters.

 

She just needs to catch up, she has to.

 

Jessica turns on the corner and had seen the silhouette of the guy she was running after, in time before the elevator doors closes. Her eyes darted on the number flashing red above the metal frame where it shows the lift is going down.

 

She turns onto another corner, opening a double door on her way.

 

She stops on her track, taking in air as much as she could fathom, Oh god she squeal scared of seeing how many steps she needs to go through the way down.

 

Jessica took in a sharp breathe and readied herself. There is a first for everything and never had she imagined that she would be using the stairs in their apartment complex for the very first time to run after someone.

 

The blonde arched her body forward, resting her two hands on her knees. She finally had reached the ground floor where every car was parked.

 

She felt beads of sweat forming above her eyebrow, her body temperature were turning up but the adrenaline rush on her veins was dying, drained out from all that running down the stairs.

 

Jessica opens the door and walked using the walls as a support; the elevator door is just a few feet away from her, she smiles in appreciation of their apartment building’s layout.

 

Her chest heaves up and down, gasping for air as well as breaking into laughter, astonish of what she just did, the lift’s number is still decreasing meaning that she had beaten it.

 

Jessica Jung had beaten the elevator. Plus she had just run 14 floors down.

 

I know she answered her self rolling her eyes in arrogance, wiping her sweat.

 

The metallic doors opened with her breathing back to normal, and her state looking presentable at least to the public eye.

 

There was a flood of people from those said doors before three unknown females got bothered by her existence as she was standing in the middle of their exit. The little crowd sniggered together, weirdly giving her the eye.

 

Jessica gave them a glare in return; they quickly straightened out and disappeared from her sight.

 

He came out lastly, his hands were buried deep on his pockets and eyes were glued on the ground. Cheondoong look so small so helpless and frail analogous to a child in a corner shying away from strangers

 

The guy looks up his expression devoid of emotion until he found her. His expression hinted shock.

 

Almost quickly Cheondoong turn away and walk past her ignoring her presence.

 

Yah! Jessica shouted after him, hear me out, she pursuit

 

No he countered

 

Can you stop walking for a sec she demanded with a tone

 

No

 

They walk on the parking lot with her lagging a lot, when he reach his car, she catch up, block his way and slam his car door.

 

Whether he likes it or not he was going to hear what she has to say.

 

Cheondoong groan in annoyance sergeant move

 

The two were holding their ground neither had plans of backing down.

 

He sigh deeply surrendering say what you want to say but I’m no---

 

Didn’t you said………, Jessica cut him off disregarding his warning, she recalled how his lips curve into that smile of his while saying these words

 

Taking pictures will always be a part of me

 

Taking pictures will always be…….. a part of you then-------

 

Cheondoong’s gaze were on her, Jessica force herself to not look away, without warning those hollows were again giving her the feeling of drowning however she had the determination, she compose herself and continued.

 

Why the hell are you still doing this? you know you’re one lousy pretender so you should stop.  Just gave in and go back to the old you.

 

His gaze waver, I can’t sica, I’m the one to blame and this is the least I could do

 

It was an accident!

 

He look downwards, Jessica use this chance to close her eyes briefly, to try to breathe it seems like the air had just grew thin depriving her.

 

Cheondoong it was the first time his name came out from her lips.

 

His eyes were back on her, only this time Jessica had realize the severity of the situation, their proximity.

 

He was too close,

 

Dangerously and imminently too close

 

They were practically breathing in each other’s faces. 

 

And whenever his breathe touches her face her skin crawls

 

It was intoxicating giving her these sensations making her eyelids weary though Jessica pluck her courage daring to open her eyes of what’s to come.

 

Just then she found his lips.

 

Everything slowed down, stop and turn into a standstill even the sound was blocked 

 

Jessica felt like the strength left of her were oozing out from her flesh and her bones holding her frame were slowly dissolving.  

 

And her judgement is helplessly slipping past her palms

 

for she, Jessica Jung wanted to taste something forbidden,

 

if only she could just….

 

The sound of a horn from passing car brought her back to her senses. She jolted and push him lightly to make space, she was about to leave when Cheondoong took hold of her wrist.

 

The thoughts from earlier has started yet again, she bit her lower lip ramming the thoughts onto the back of her mind.

 

What? She asked nervously

 

 

Sica…..he said above whisper why do you care so much? There was confusion in his voice.

 

Jessica open to speak but no sound came out, why? The question echoed on her mind. Why would she go to this extent just to see those smiles.

 

Once she was out of his clutch the blonde left him with his question unanswered for she too did not know, she absentmindedly walked back with hurried steps.

 

Jessica sat on the couch’s arm rest, she leans back letting the couch catch her fall.

 

Shortly after the door of the apartment open

 

Yuri walks in first, followed by Joon and Mir who carried plastic bags each. They found Jessica on the couch seemingly dazed over something. Not that they are not used to her behaviour but today is somehow different.

 

They stop to look at her like they were in a zoo sightseeing. The trio fall in line horizontally, thinking of the same thing.

 

The trio look at each other slowly and snort in ridiculousness.

 

As if!!!! A Jessica Jung never runs

 

They shook their heads dispersing the thoughts. If only they knew.

 

Mir got the bags that Joon gave him and left to the kitchen to sort the groceries out.

 

Yuri sat at the space left from her feet.

 

Minnie, Joon called sitting on the single couch, I think our blonde friend is dying of starvation.

 

Huh? but I made her 3 tuna sandwiches Yuri pointed at the plate left on the table, See that, that’s the evidence she ate everything.

 

Yuri turn to her friend immediately asking for confirmation, she slap her best friend’s bum.

 

The blonde move her head up and down, nodding.

 

Then what’s wrong with her?

 

Mir came out from the kitchen maybe the sandwiches did not fill her up so Noona tried to cooked and now she poisoned herself. Sadly he added sighing again.

 

The couple who heard the younger one’s analysis of the situation snapped their head to the dead beat blonde on the sofa.

 

From burying her face on the sofa, the blonde turn her head facing the coffee table so she could speak to defend herself.

 

First, how could I cook when I don’t even know where the knife is. Second, the only ingredients left in the fridge is a freakin cucumber and third  Yah! mirue what do you mean sadly?

 

Mir shrugged going back to sorting the groceries.

 

Hey what’s wrong with you? Yuri tap her forearm

 

I don’t even know myself she mumbled

 

Jessica could feel the scrutinizing look of her best friend. Lucky for her Joon unknowingly diverted Yuri’s interest.

 

Minnie is this yours?

 

Yuri shook her head, Hmm~… she ponder wait give it to me, it has a familiar feel to it. She flip the magazine open to a random page.

 

Joon focused on the magazine cover Ah~! He slap his thigh in realization.

 

Doongie he exclaim

 

Yuri gape open and broke into a reminiscent smile yeah now I remember, didn’t my couz used to have this part time job just so he could buy monthly for a new issue.

 

Hearing who they are talking about made her remember again what happen earlier.

 

The thoughts pour in.

 

Jessica her lips unconsciously she rose up like a zombie from her lying position on the couch and sat up.

 

She grabs the magazine from Yuri, Yah! I was rea—ignoring the whining, she went straight to her room, closing the door quickly.

 

She leans on the wood, sliding down to the floor. 

 

The strange emotions she felt earlier invaded her body again.

 

Jessica held a hand against her chest, her heart is producing this fast beats and it is ringing loudly on her ears.

 

As if it’s like her heart is longing for something  

 

He was too close for comfort she whispered closing her eyes and leaning her head back on the door. and if he had gone much closer

 

I may have lost my sanity.