Changing to now

Sharing my fluffy cloud

 

 

The character's thoughts are coloured gray, the rest are said out loud

Flashbacks are highlighted with this colour

 

 

The trio stood around Yuri’s cousin who was knocked out cold on the floor. The blonde’s eyes were fixed on the couple standing in front of her. Yuri coughed lightly and started how the events came about and led to this.

 

 

You appeared on the entrance of the club being piggy back by him. Apparently he was asking people if they know you and-

 

Joon interrupted adding his view

 

Sica it was a funny sight no one wanted you

 

After his remark he burst out laughing making his girlfriend laugh loudly too giving each other high fives until Yuri felt her best friend’s cold glares turning into a more murderous ones she coughed, nudging her boyfriend who was still oblivious to stop. Joon got the hint, he look down, pretending to fix the creases of his clothes.

 

My poor cousin

 

Yuri stated sitting on the floor beside his unconscious cousin, her boyfriend followed suit adding his comments.

 

My poor best friend

 

Jessica could not help but roll her eyes at the series of how the couple is trying to make her feel bad more than she is feeling now.

  

And this? what did he do to deserve this?

 

This? yes what did he do?

 

The two dramatically pointed their hands on Cheondoong who was still on the floor unresponsive.

 

Could you stop mirroring each other’s words?

 

The two ignored her and started conversing with each other; Yuri started poking the red spot on his forehead.

 

Hmm~.. I think this is his punishment.

 

Her boyfriend saw this and started poking the same area too

 

Yeah~.. this guy did not even showed himself for so long.

 

Joon stops after poking with his hearts content clutching his belly.

 

I’m hungry 

 

His girlfriend nodded standing up, clutching her own while looking at the clock on the wall of their living room apartment.

 

me too we woke up late, see sica even woke up earlier than us.

 

Jessica frowned what do you mean by that?

 

Her question hanged on air unanswered, the couple hurriedly put on their jackets and were now on the door wearing their shoes.

 

Sica, Yuri called out we have to buy food before we die of hunger, take care of him.

 

Wait are we not gonna move……………. him on the couch?

 

Jessica dashes to see a door being closed the two were now gone, she knew she could still catch up, sighing she decided not to, she was too lazy to do so.   

 

She sat herself beside Cheondoong whose condition did not improve. She cringes eyeing the red area it was beginning to swell forming a bump. She was about to poke it when the poor guy groan in pain finally waking up.

 

When I said the heels could be used as weapons I did not mean against me

 

I’m sorry

 

The blonde bit her lower lip showing her mannerism of being sorry, guilty or nervous or embarass 

 

He sat up smirking feeling the forming bump on his redden forehead.

 

So is your heels still fine?

 

She smiled the boy was trying to make a joke of the accident that no one I repeat no one wanted.

 

Yes they are but are you fine I mean, should I treat you to ice-cream again?

 

Nah~.. just help me up

 

Jessica stood up and held a hand for Cheondoong to hold, the boy gladly took it.  

 

I’m sorry again she mumbled seeing him going straight to the bathroom. She sat comfortably on the couch and got some magazines to keep her self busy, just something to get her mind off from her hungry stomach; she glance at the clock counting down the minutes it would take for the two to get food and to go back.

 

Minutes later with a click the door from the bathroom opened sporting a cute hello kitty plaster on his forehead Cheondoong came out with his hair down.

 

She chuckled quietly watching him putting his shoes on, when a loud grumble of complain from her stomach filled the whole apartment; it was all too quick and ended too painfully slow.

 

Embarrass Jessica had her eyes closed for a second slowly turning her head to check if the singular living being heard it and he surely did who wouldn’t. Jessica curses mentally when the boy let out the same amused smirk he showed last night.

 

Sergeant I’ll treat you to breakfast

 

Her eyes lit up and her ears perked up she was so hungry that nothing else matters all is forgotten the moment she heard the word breakfast she felt the heaven opened up along with its trumpets and angels singing hallelujah. She jumped up and race to get her jacket. 

 

Outside it was like seeing a clear blue ocean above for the sky was cloudless, without the clouds to hide the sun, the fiery ball dominated, shining its limitless rays down all for the world.

 

Although this was the case the breeze was still cold, it was autumn season after all, this could be indentified by the ever-varying shades of scarce leaves from the nearby tree swaying lightly to the wind.

 

The day only just started but it will be no doubt a pleasant one.

 

Jessica dug her hands further into her jacket’s pocket as they continue on the street.

 

Hey I did not know you’re my best friend’s cousin

 

He turns to her with a faint smile

 

Yeah~.. I amsmall world isn’t it?

 

Yeah. And uhm……. thank you for last night for saving me again

 

No worries

 

And thank you about last week

 

No worries

 

And the piggy back

 

No worries

 

Is that your word? No worries

 

Jessica copied him with a deep monotone voice

 

Cheondoong laugh lightly opening the door for the two of them. A long queue greeted their sight, the café was already bustling in business. He nudges her slightly gaining back her attention.

 

Why don’t you sit yourself and I’ll order what you want?

 

With an eager smile that Cheondoong found to be adorable, Jessica tiptoed so the boy could hear her.

 

Pancakes and chocolate milk please

 

He nodded seeing her skipping towards an empty table; he smiled shaking his head turning his attention back on getting their breakfast orders.

 

Jessica prop her elbows up resting her chin between her palms, she was observing the cosy place, her eyes scan on the people queuing until it rested on the side profile of Yuri’s cousin.

 

How many encounters do they have? How many recurrences more of finding each other? She could count on 3 would it go on she doesn’t know. However like a plague a question invaded her mind, why does she feel comfortably closer, she feel light and so ease like there was no restriction every time when they’re together.  

 

Connection?

 

Because she’s Yuri’s cousin but she knew it was more than that

 

Hollows??

 

The mysterious hollows in his eyes, she saw, for the very first time when her eyes found his, the emptiness it radiates, the longing and loneliness it gives, she admitted it was compellingly frightening, for the longer she looked, the feeling of drowning would take over her senses.

 

Was it those?

 

The sound of ceramic plate hitting the wooden table snapped her out from her reverie, her eyes re-focused on the boy sitting opposite from her.

 

Smelling the fresh aroma of pancakes, the two started digging, clunks of metallic forks against the plates filled their ears.

 

Jessica nodded obviously enjoying the thrilling taste; breakfasts were always good if you are hungry. Her actions slowed down when she remembered something.

  

Hey last night………………..  your girlfriend did-

 

The boy looked up with a puffy cheek full of food swallowing it in one go.

 

Hmm~….Girlfriend?? he shook his head smiling

 

No worries

 

Jessica sighs in relief lifting her fork up continuing to deluge herself again with the hearty breakfast.

 

---------

Opposing to the two who is enjoying their breakfast, the couple who left early to get food was still on their way back. The two were munching on little snacks to fill temporarily their stomachs.

 

Joon adjusted his hold on the plastic bag, his fingers were starting to go numb, but it was soon forgotten when he saw how his girlfriend smiled.

 

Someone’s too happy?

 

Yuri smiled more swaying their interlaced hands together.

 

You know it feels good seeing him, he hardly ever shows up. I miss him.

 

She sigh inwardly, her smile faded remembering how her cousin is like, stubborn and considerate refusing others to worry for him, he would rather bear the burden alone than share it, that’s why he distance himself away from people who cared for him.

 

Joon slightly squeezes her hand, reassuring her that everything will be fine and that he is here, when her girlfriend suddenly halted and started dragging him back.

 

Confused he just followed, stopping at the window of a café. The girl was pointing at something. His eyebrows furrowed when Yuri started squealing much to his dislike, the onlookers started giving them weird glances.

 

Yah look, look

 

Adjusting his glasses Joon turn to the direction Yuri pointed, inside he saw Jessica and Cheondoong having their breakfast together looking too comfortable like they were a couple.

 

With mouth agape he turn to Yuri, wow what a strange pair

 

but they look good together, I knew it!.. Something’s going on with them.

 

Joon nodded agreeing with his girlfriend. Great! So.. he finally broke up with that girl

 

Yuri turn to him frowning I don’t think so, dad said he is still dating her, ugh!!

 

Come on Joon started pulling her to walk again before the manager of the café started driving them away thinking they have the habit of making people uncomfortable by watching them eat.

 

I don’t understand how he could still date her I mean that girl has bad attitude.

 

Yuri who was now in bad mood stomp her feet, seeing this Joon grin and pulled her by her waist coaxing her.

 

Why don’t we talk to Jessica she seems to like him and maybe we could do something about it.

 

Yuri’s face lit up, happy by the given suggestion. She could not help but give her boyfriend a peck on the cheek.

 

Love you for thinking that

 

I know

 

---

 

Jessica swipe her key card in the slot of her apartment door, she was all smiles on the way, Cheondoong and her parted on the lobby area, insisting to him that she’s fine going up alone.

 

Guys I’m home she called out taking her converse off and putting it on the shoe rack, Joon appeared in front of her wearing an animated grin. The boy began pulling her towards the living area.

 

she’s here

 

He announced forcing the bemused blonde to sit on the couch, Yuri came into view, wearing the same animated grin seen on her boyfriend’s face, she was sitting on the coffee table.

 

Jessica wondered what the two ate, did they had space cakes for breakfast so that’s why they felt like ripping their mouth and expanding it until it reaches their freaking ears in happiness.

 

The couple settled themselves in front of her still with their animated grin looking at her and battling their eyelashes almost exactly at the same time.

 

Okay you two are starting to creep me out can we just---

 

So?? Joon spoke up clasping his hands together; Jessica saw how his eyes sparked with mischievousness and it can only mean one thing the two had some weird proposals again concerning her, she remembered how they had set her up on a blind date thinking she was just jealous of the two’s love mush exchange and is in desperate of someone’s good loving.

 

Her date turned out to be her worst nightmare, the guy had cravings for pickled cucumbers, bringing two jars with him and started eating it in front of her.

 

Let’s just say the day did not end too well, she got jailed beating a man to coma using her heels. 

 

Sica? Yuri come closer holding her hand as if she was begging for something. 

 

You like my cousin right, right you like him

 

Jessica’s eyebrow curve upwards the question was rather given as a statement and was somewhat forceful.

 

Yeah~I guess so...she answered slowly, 

 

Joon and Yuri look at each other nodding and back at her

 

Then! Joon lean in coming closer holding Jessica’s other hand.

 

We want you to be his girlfriend.

 

“…………”

 

Jessica blink still processing the information

 

WHAT!

 

THE!

 

!

 

Jessica bolted straight up but was hold down by the two, forcing her to sit again.

 

Be his girlfriend, you like him, you said it, we heard it.. The two alternated reasoning out.

 

You guys are officially crazy? Let me go or else I’ll--- She hisses still struggling to break free.

 

The two successfully controlled Jessica from going berserk, they brought her down, pinning her on the floor, face down. Joon was holding her two feet while Yuri sat on her, holding her two hands cuffing it together on her back.

 

The scene was just abnormally wrong in all perspective; Jessica was being treated like a wild animal.

 

Yuri inhaled air calming her self,

 

So where are we again?

 

Theumm~be his girlfriend part, Joon answered struggling for air.

 

Sica we are giving you all of our blessings so just be his girlfriend

 

Jessica struggled more thrashing her body but it was futile, what it did is just drained out all of her energy.

 

She breathes out annoyed

 

For goodness sake!!!! I like your cousin but not that way

 

The two’s arms went limp after that, panting for air the blonde got up in a sitting position facing them.  

 

what you don’t? The two chorus the animated grin was gone it was replace with a sad pouting barf worthy ghhfiywhfkhsi and Jessica could not bear to look at anymore.

 

She stood up and walk to her room, she needs to sleep to replenish all her energy and mind you it will be a long…. long one, but before she disappeared down the hallway to the bedrooms she owe them an explanation for rejecting their crazy request.

 

Yes! besides your cousin has a girlfriend already and I don’t go that low stealing others bf.

 

But sicaaaaa!!! Yuri got up whining catching her wrist

 

Doongie doesn’t even like that ,  

 

Jessica turns facing her best friend, curiosity bubbled up inside her  

 

Okay~….. I don’t get you, care to elaborate

 

The truth is….. that girl is not just his girlfriend but also his fiancée

 

The blonde’s mouth hang opened, her eyes alternate between the two.

 

They nodded confirming what she heard

 

Yuri then continued

 

It was a set up marriage by their parents. And I remembered the first time we meet her, grrrrr~…. we already hate her and that was when I was still 10 and i still do till now.

 

Jessica looked down and back up to Yuri.

 

Then if he doesn’t like her then why doesn’t he break off the engagement.

 

He did actually, he was against it 

 

Jessica turn to Joon

 

But 2 years ago he changed completely

 

Yuri remained quiet, seeing this, the blonde sense a gloomy atmosphere looming over them.

 

2 years ago Doongie lost both of his parents in a car accident and since then he has been living the life like what uncle and auntie want for him.

 

Authors note:

Revelation…. Did you had it coming?? Or was I too predictable?? Anyways.. the next chap will be posted shortly after.. I’m still editing.. more revelations.. anticipate more..^^lalalalala...