Everything

Sharing my fluffy cloud

 

 

The character's thoughts are coloured gray, the rest are said out loud

Flashbacks are highlighted with this colour

(Phone conversation the person talking to the other line

 

 

A gust of wind entered through the open balcony door knocking down a few empty beer cans.

 

With much difficulty Cheondoong reach for another one to drink often finding that it was already empty, he groan undiscouragedly continuing with the search for he knew he’s bound to find an unopened one in these stacks of cans.

 

Once he did, Cheondoong drags himself back up leaning on the side frame of the bed. He pulled the tab opening the can.

 

This was his tenth or eleventh, he had lost count however he intends to take in as much as he could, so his thoughts would swirl chaoticly and eventually would exhaust his brain out to even think anymore but pass out.

 

The only way so he could sleep in peace

 

Come home we miss you

 

His grip on the can tighten as he took a swig

 

Mum not until you try to understand me

 

How could we understand you when you are acting like this?

 

Cheondoong took another swig, a painful past unfurl itself within the compartment of his mind torturing him yet again.

 

But mum this is me, he pleaded eyes softening, I want to be a photographer, I want to travel the world then later in life have my own gallery for people to apprecia---

 

Enough!

 

His father intervenes cutting him short, have you heard your self, Mr. Park sneered you sounded stupid! Wake up son. You are not gonna get anywhere with you being a mere photographer. Pathetic!

 

You are the pathetic one, Cheondoong counteract you only care about money and your own reputation.

 

What?

 

Dad don’t act surprise because you know it’s the truth

 

You ungrateful child!!! 

 

The man breathes out his frustration, holding the side of his head like he was having a headache; I am so ashamed to have you as a son. Mr. Park looks at him in disgust.

 

Cheondoong scoff, I feel the same way

 

You, his father’s eyes flared in anger, he was about to grab his collar if not for his wife holding him back.

 

Mr. Park looked away in defeat, he buttons and straightened his blazer ready to leave

 

Don’t go crying back to me when you lose everything

 

The can dented for he had clutched it tightly, the liquid flowed from the opening trailing down to his hands, dripping to the floor.

 

---------------

 

Jessica looked up missing those fluffy clouds; since winter started they were minimal to be found except for an incessant gray sky accompanied by the chilling breeze. She burrows her hands in her pockets looking for warmth.

 

How long do you plan on standing there? Yuri spoke up, tapping her foot away on the pavement. Get the cart quickly it’s so cold out here.

 

The blonde sent a quick glare before pushing the cart into the grocery store.

 

She saw Yuri busied on the meat section,

 

It’s nearly a month since that episode in the parking lot, Jessica had plan to confront him again but could not bring herself to do so with studies taking more of her free time.

 

She pressed her lip tightly; even I am lying to myself.

 

The truth is she had spent the time figuring herself out on why those thoughts just sprout out randomly on that occasion.

 

Weird

 

Huh!? why is it weird?

 

Jessica snapped out from her trance, what’s weird?

 

This! Yuri use the tongs to wave the meat in front of her, you said this meat is weird.

 

No, you’re the weird one; drop it before you slap that in my face.

 

Shesh, you are not even listening, I’m stuck, I can’t decide between pork and beef, which one should, I buy?

 

Buy both

 

Yuri blank out for a second and broke out into a laughing fit why did I not think of that

 

Jessica rolled her eyes so far back she thought she lost them for a moment. At times like this, she wondered if stupidity can be infectious so she could have an excuse to run away whenever it strikes.

 

We need milk Yuri walked to the front however retrated her step as soon as she notice Jessica was staring into nothing again Sica could you stay in earth for a few more minutes till we get this over with

 

What? Jessica glared up

 

Milk

 

She sighed Okayyyyyy dragging the letter y of the word to whine,

 

Wait! Her bestfriend called out Get me a loaf of bread too and sugar.

 

Anything else? Jessica asked forcing her smile

 

Oh, I forgot, eggs and yeah butter

 

Tell me again why did you bring me here?

 

Her bestfriend drop an item on their cart isn’t obvious?

 

The blonde just stared hard at her that you are slaving me?

 

Of course not, could you hurry up and get those things

 

It was quarter to seven in the evening when the two got everything sorted.  They were in a cab when Jessica notice that the cab had took the opposite way.

 

Mister! You took the wrong route. She spoke in a scary manner

 

The driver glance in the rear view mirror and almost choked on his saliva

 

Miss, I just followed orders, the scared driver pointed briefly at Yuri who was on the passenger seat.

 

Yuri!? Jessica turns her head meeting her bestfriend’s eyes but Yuri averted her eyes to the driver.

 

Come on drive quickly

 

Yuri, I am talking to you where the hell are you taking me?

 

Yuri put on a big smile showing her teeth, nowhere justhmm to his house, she murmured the last part

 

Could you speak clearly?

 

We are here!! Yuri quickly paid the driver and got out carrying the grocery bags with her.

 

Jessica followed her out; she turned around and saw a house.

 

Please tell me what I am thinking is wrong, or I will bury you where you stood.

 

Yuri’s eyes got large, she started walking to the door, ignoring the threat however Jessica grabs hold of her hoodie.

 

So love what’s the verdict?

 

He is not here, please let go of my Mickey Mouse hoodie, this is a limited edition

 

The blonde squint her eyes not believing

 

The house is empty

 

Liar!

 

Do you see this empty drive way, oh right, Yuri click her fingers, when there is no car that means hmm…. you tell me sica

 

Jessica retracted her fingers one by one, she watched Yuri open the door with her key.

 

I am not going in

 

Yuri scowl looking at her, Jessica saw how promptly it changed to a poker one.

 

Suit yourself; I might take long she shrugged so you just stand here on your feet till it aches while you wait in the cold for me. Sounds good!

 

Jessica glared at her, pushing her to the side to make way.

 

She watched Yuri fiddled with the 7inch screen mounted on the wall. The lights begun turning on one by one revealing the interior.

 

An expression of marvelled showed on Jessica’s features, Yuri smiled ahead as she was recollecting a memory.

 

It was uncle Jihoo who designed this house, Dad said that every aspect was made to accomodate Cheondoong’s needs once he moves out to start university, her smile  turned cheerless but uncle never got the chance to give this to him personally.  

 

Yuri heave a sigh, looking at her bestfriend this was uncle’s last work before the accident.

 

Jessica was about to comfort Yuri when the girl change a hundred eighty degrees. She took off her shoes and step inside.

 

Miss Jung let me show you why A+ architecture is one of the leading company when it comes to designing houses.

 

Jessica took off her shoes and step foot inside, she crossed her arms

 

Very well then Miss Kwon astound me

 

Yuri smirk, to start off, may I ask you a question?

 

A knot form on the blonde’s forehead, yeah go on

 

What’s your first impression of the house?

 

Hmm, very spacious

 

Yuri’s smirk grew wider true but not really, this earned her a curious stare, so she continued the space here downstairs is actually pretty average but because there was no door nor walls separating the kitchen and the living room it gives us the illusion that it’s bigger. She twirled around facing her bestfriend and that my friend is the trademark of our company.

 

Turning something average to an absolute quality

 

How do you know all of this?

 

Yuri waves her off with a hand, nah I just remembered how dad’s proposal goes, and before I blab too much I should do what I was here for, Yuri grab the bags on the floor and proceeded to the kitchen.

 

The blonde followed her leaning idly on the counter tell me yul why are you buying his groceries, should he not be responsible enough to buy it himself.

 

Yuri pauses stocking the vegetables on the fridge, she opens the freezer and gestured the blonde to come and have a look.

 

So is this responsible enough for you? Look its all frozen goods

 

Well it’s in the freezer yul, that’s why it’s frozen; Jessica wiggled her eyebrows and started laughing.

 

It took long for Yuri to figure out that it was a joke, lame she close her eyes briefly before resuming her task.

 

Ahem, Jessica snap from her world, do you always do this?

 

Yuri stared at the vegetables she had organised neatly yes for two years now, she push the container back to its position.

 

And you know what I will never get tired doing this until he comes back to his senses.

 

Her bestfriend spun around, stop asking questions and help me sort the other groceries she demanded holding the blonde by her shoulders.

 

However the latter only stared, blankly I’m thirsty

 

Ugh! Yuri push her lightly I hate it when you have selective hearing she grab a bottle of water from the fridge drink this and get out of my way.

 

The blonde step aside and twisted the cap, she tilted the bottle and took gulps after gulps and tilted it back reliving her breathing, she look at the now half finished bottle, surprised that she had manage to drunk all that in one go, and now its giving her the urge to unload.

 

Yul nature calls she spoke up

 

The girl responded, take the right, Jessica wasn’t sure what her bestfriend was implying, shrugging, she looks for the toilet.

 

Jessica took the glass stairs, ending up on the second floor. She saw two doors facing each other on the far end.

 

Something click inside her head, the blonde had realized what Yuri meant. She goes to her right. Jessica found a bedroom which had a toilet.

 

She did her business and quickly got out the room. She comes facing the door on the far left end. 

 

I guess that is his room, Jessica murmured biting her lip, curiousity had course through her veins. 

 

Nope, she voice out dismissing what she just thought however it was still not enough, for she could not pry her eyes off that door.

 

No! You can’t do that Jessica repremanded harshly; it was ironic on how she just did the opposite.

 

She twisted the knob pushing the door open, the blonde pause contemplating. She took a sharp breathe and shut her eyes close before letting herself in and closing the door behind her.

 

Opening her eyes what greeted her was pitch black, yet she could see the outlines of the furniture and the bed. 

 

It took a whole minute for her conscience to finally prick her awake of what she was doing. She hastily grabbed the knob ready to throw her own self out. When a noise alerted her, she spun around darting her eyes in every corner.

 

Hello?

 

There was silence before a clamor erupted; it was like someone was tugging the balcony door open from the outside.

 

The blonde’s eyes widen considerably realizing the situation.

 

In the midst of carelessly finding the switch, the balcony door swung opened and in appeared a sillhoute of a hooded figure.

 

Jessica thought she was going to pass out

 

THUD!

 

The blonde jolted shutting her eyes close bracing herself for the worst.

 

The lights flicker on

 

She crack her eyes open and found something rolling of near her feet when her vision cleared, her eyebrows automatically furrowed

 

Beer? She incline her head to the side

 

Aishh!

 

Jessica turn around and found Cheondoong holding a plastic bag with a hole in it, cans of beers were scattered on the floor around him.