Do You?

Spring/Summer In My Heart

 


A flash of surprise went over the his features as he tilted his head.
"Wait... Kyungsoo? That's a coincidence."
He could feel his friends staring at him while he was still tongue-tied.
Jongdae nudged him not so softly in the side and he gulped, nodding vaguely.
"Yeahwhatacoincidence, hi-" he garbled out in one breath and as if it was an afterthought he forced on a small smile that was exactly that. Forced.
Chanyeol didn't seem put off by this and conversationally added: "Not wearing a dress today, are we?"
Still nodding vaguely with the smile frozen in place, Kyungsoo inhaled deeply.
"No. You'd be surprised at how many days you would find me not wearing a dress. Uhm. I didn't mean it in a sarcastic way. That is to say, I was actually-"
"Yeah, we're keeping the snacks, don't mind them falling down, no one has mysophobia here, they're all kinda packed anyway, so not a big deal!" Jongdae jumped in helpfully while Baekhyun preferred to watch Kyungsoo suffer with a sly grin.
Chanyeol looked a little scandalized.
"I can't do that, that's such a bad service-"
"-exactly and I know JUST the way to redeem yourself!" Baekhyun said generously as if it had not been his fault the food had fallen.
Chanyeol seemed to agree with Kyungsoo's judgment on that but he nevertheless kept smiling politely.
"I hope you don't want extra services, because I'd have to-"
"Sing a song with us!"
"W-what?"
While Jongdae helpfully pried the tablet out of his hands Baekhyun tugged at the tall guy's sleeve with a sly grin, half-tugging, half-dragging him onto the couch like the shameless bastard he was.
If you don't let go right this instant, I swear to God Byun-
Seemingly deaf to Kyungsoo's inner conjuring of his downfall, Baekhyun even had the audacity to throw his arm around Chanyeol's shoulder as if they had been friends for an eternity and held out his microphone in a mock interview.
"So what type of songs do you prefer? Since you work here you must be a pro at this."
Politely denying one of the offered snacks by Jongdae he slightly shook his head in polite denial.
"T-that's not... You know, I actually do my work here-"
With a coo Baekhyun nudged his shoulder with the microphone and Kyungsoo felt his eyebrow twitch in annoyance.
"Aww, and so modest! So now spit it out, what type of songs are ya slaying at?"
Chanyeol sighed as he relented - they all did when faced with Baekhyun for the first time.
"Well, I kinda prefer rap, but-"
"SPLENDID. Kyungsoo here just loooves rap, what a coincidence!"
Even Jongdae cringed at the cursive and would have loved to shrink away from Kyungsoo, just in case the upcoming catastrophe had a wide radius. But as it was now the sofa was more than packed with four boys.
"You do?" Chanyeol inquired in a voice full of friendly curiosity.
Kyungsoo didn't even stand a chance.
"Y-yeah. Sure. Rap's awesome. All that tough shi-... I mean. All the criticism towards society. Very valuable and... stuff."
"You'll see his passion, he totally kills it!" Baekhyun nothing but cackled.
That moment not even Jongdae dared to laugh even though it was an official fact that Kyungsoo couldn't rap if someone put a gun to his head. It was almost hilarious how much he couldn't rap. So he put on his best sheepish and blank 'being scolded by mom'-expression while looking into his lap.
And when Baekhyun used up their wildcards until finally a rapsong came up and he clapped delightedly, sending Kyungsoo a grin so wide that the only thing stopping him from jumping over and strangle him with his bare hands was that he'd have to sit in Chanyeol's lap to do so.
On a second thought....
"Oh, that song's SO awesome!" Chanyeol suddenly called out, causing the other three to jump and Jongdae barely saved the tablet from falling again.
"I can do this one, it's my specialty!"
Unfortunately for Baekhyun the screen said that a 'Team-Song' was up next and Chen suddenly jumped up and threw himself in between him and Chanyeol, forcefully squeezing himself there and in the process Chanyeol was pressed into Kyungsoo's side, almost squishing the lucky poor guy against the wall. With a surprised yelp Kyungsoo tried to shift away a little but there was absolutely no room thanks to Chen's generous posture.
"What the-" Baekhyun began but Chen practically ripped the microphone out of Chanyeol's hands.
"Team-singing, wohoo, Baekhyun my best friend - that's our moment to shine!"
"B-but-"
"Shut up and don't dare leaving me behind to join Kyungsoo on a rap song ever again - you ruthless monster!"
Not even listening to them Kyungsoo tried really hard not to behave suspiciously.
This would probably include freaking out about their thighs touching or checking whether he had bad breath or sweaty palms or messy hair or oily skin or-
"Fancy meeting you here again! I didn't know you were regulars here even though I've worked here for half a year - we must've missed each other." Chanyeol conversationally said with a smile that had Kyungsoo's heart twitching.
I didn't know it but damn you were missing in my life. Wow, that sounds like a cliche quote.
#Justgirlythings - Missing the one you haven't met yet.

"In total you've probably used this stuff more than I did, so don't blame me if we lose, okay?"
Our thighs really are touching. And our arms too, sometimes.
I think I can smell his aftershave. Everything about him is so much bigger than me.
Wait. That sounded wrong. Though it probably wouldn't even be a lie-

"But I'm confident if it's this song! You know Rapmonster, Kyungsoo?"
"Monster Hunter? Nice game, yeah. I still prefer RPG's though."
Chanyeol looked at him with a skeptical expression.
"Oh... OH. RAPMONSTER. Yeah sure, I like Bts! Uh, that is, I'm not a nerd, I wasn't talking about - I mean it'd be fine if you liked video games but I-"
"Stop the chattering you two lovebirds, I'mma start the song!" Chen chirped in with a disgruntled-looking Baekhyun at his side who had obviously lost whatever argument they'd had while Kyungsoo was fantasizing about his crush's thighs.
And it was when the tell-tale sound of "Do You"'s metronome filled the booth that Kyungsoo finally realized that he was screwed.
Indeed he couldn't rap to save his life and not even to impress the handsome guy next to him who was practically vibrating with excitement. Unfortunately Rapmon really wasn't known for slow and chill songs you could just kinda sing along to either.
There was no way he would not make a fool out of himself.
I want to disapparate. Right now.

It took exactly three words for Kyungsoo to stumble over his own tongue. And another two in the next line when he started anew.
Lucky for him his two friends were still to concentrated themselves to make fun of him.
When they reached the fifth line with barely 20 points, he already had 25 ways planned out in his head on how to kill Baekhyun for this.
Suddenly the microphone was snatched away(not that he resisted much) and Chanyeol took over. Quite literally. It didn't seem like he had been exaggerating when he said the song was his specialty. He knew the lyrics perfectly and it was like a salvation for the ears after Kyungsoo's poor... everything. Forgetting his embarrassment for a while he gaped at the taller guy next to him who was rapping like it was second nature, excitedly bobbing his head along as if he was totally ready to jump up a stage right now.
"WhatwhatWHAT! You're cheating!! That's Kyungsoo's turn!" Baekhyun screeched while poor Chen vainly tried to hold onto their lead in points.
Kyungsoo was completely dazed as he stared at all the notes they he was hitting when the microphone was shoved into his face without warning, bumping his lips a little.
"Uh?"
"It's English, hurry, hurry!" Chanyeol urgently said while lightly slapping his upper arm.
The poor Kyungsoo only managed to get two words out before the redhead took over again with the Korean parts. From there on he paid close attention since Chanyeol would hold out the mic for him even if it was only one English word. Of course that was utter nonsense since they lost more points than they gained, but he seemed happy and for a moment Kyungsoo's concentration kept him from freaking out.
Though he would have loved to focus his complete attention on Chanyeol since said one really was into it.
It was towards the end that one line of English followed two Korean ones, always repeating themselves.
Now that Kyungsoo had multiple tries at the same line... He was still god-awful.
But Chanyeol refused to give up on him and kept tapping his thigh to the beat which actually did help a little.
He didn't withdraw the mic anymore and just leaned in when it was his turn so the shorter one didn't have to adjust much. This brought their faces uncomfortably close but he didn't seem to think much into it. Unlike Kyungsoo, who was trying hard not to flinch away.
The last line was acted out simultaneously with Kyungsoo's clumsy "Do you"'s and Chanyeol occasionally shouting into the microphone with enthusiasm.
And then a large hand was wrapped around Kyungsoo's which was currently in charge of holding the microphone as he called out one last "-Do THE YOU WANT!"

Mercilessly he threw both his hands up, pulling Kyungsoo's with him who only blinked in confusion.
"We won, yay! We won, Kyungsoo!" he repeated, shaking his shoulder while grinning so genuinely happy that Kyungsoo couldn't help but get infected and they high-fived each other while Baekhyun was still complaining loudly, muffled by Chen's exaggerated comforting that rather looked like a try at smothering him.
They were still busy celebrating when a quiet knock on the door frame was heard and Chanyeol froze in his tracks, a sheepish look on his face as he slowly turned to see his co-worker standing in the open door. He was a young man with rather long and wavy black hair, tall and slim figure, crossed arms and a currently very, very un-amused expression.
(Not that they had ever seen a different expression on his face but still.)
"Ah... Haha... Leo. It's not- I didn't... Uhmm-" The look he received was piercing and Kyungsoo was considerably unsettled at the fact that he didn't say a thing.
Chanyeol jumped up and wedged himself out of the room under the scrutinizing gaze of that Leo guy and ce more to give them a fleeting bow.
"Well, gotta go back to work - Thanks for the invitation, guys! See you around. Oh and Kyungsoo-", he added with a happy grin directed at Kyungsoo only, "-don't be sad, you just need some practice! Your voice is still super awesome~!"
When he was about to leave Chen suddenly sprang to his feet, letting Baekhyun fall back into the couch with an undignified grunt.
"Wait! I got it now!" he called out, pointing at the dumbfounded Chanyeol who jumped a little in surprise.
"Are you per chance pcy-delight?"
Chanyeol's eyes got even wider if that was even possible and his face lit up as he jumped towards Chen, shaking his hand.
"You know me? Wah, that's so cool! Wait, should I know you as well? Wait, wait, wait... Your voice was familiar-"
He thought about it with his eyes firmly shut and tapping his fingers to an unknown beat on his arm until...
"AH! ChenChen!" he loudly called with doubled joy at the realization.
The two guys began to chatter eagerly, leaving Baekhyun and Kyungsoo to blankly stare between them and each other until the redhead received a hard smack to his shoulder by his glaring co-worker, making him wince and hurriedly bidding his farewell.
With a small wave Kyungsoo looked after him with a dazed expression, belatedly realizing that the door had shut already.
Blinking dumbly he collected himself and stared at Chen who only shrugged his shoulders, looking every bit as disbelieving as Kyungsoo himself.
They both obviously counted down the obligatory five seconds of silence you abide to when people leave the room and you want to freak out talk about them. But it seemed that Baekhyun was exceptionally excited, lifting his hands to speak after three seconds already, not able to hold himself back anymore.

"Can I keep him?"
"NO.", the other two simultaneously replied leaving no room for arguments.
Baekhyun pouted.

 

"I can't believe you know him, how can the world be that small!"
"What can I say, the Korean Youtube community isn't that huge - and pcy has a pretty decent fanbase." Chen replied as they walked towards the station on a deserted sidewalk.
"Still, that's just... Don't tell me you've already chatted with him before?!"
"Nah, you wouldn't just randomly chat up any fashion student you see either, right? I am following him, but we never texted each other."
"Oooh, he has a cover of Xia's 'X' - naughtyyy~" Baekhyun suddenly sing-songed as he tapped away on his smart phone.
"W-what? Gimme that!"
"Could you please not drool on my phone."
Chen only laughed heartily.
"He has quite a few nice covers. Pcy, no, Chanyeol is an all-rounder. He does cover songs, raps, plays the guitar, drums, keyboard... you name it."
"Ohmygod how could I miss out on this."
"Are you listening...?"
"Never mind him, he's in the zone." Baekhyun said as he snatched back his phone, earning himself a weak cry of protest.

"Aaand... subscribed!", he hummed happily, still holding the phone out of Kyungsoo's reach, "I should totally comment on this-"
"Don't." Kyungsoo fell in threateningly.
"-...aaah, your voice is hot oppa~I won't be able to sleep~" he slowly read out as he typed.
"Don't you DARE."
"Oh, and do you remember Kyungsoo from today? I'm actually writing this on his behalf since-"
"BYUN BAEKHYUN!"
Just as he was about to strangle his pale neck Baekhyun presented his phone with a scandalized expression.
"Ah, ah, ah, Soo. Careful! You want me to accidentally send this?"
Kyungsoo gave him a glare that had the intensity to melt his stupid phone right through the pink Girls Generation phone case but Baekhyun remained unimpressed.
"You know the magic words, Soo."
"..."
"I WILL send this. And much more."
"OKAY, okay! Donghae is a VERY talented person who's so much more than a teenie-idol and it's a shame that they don't use his self-produced songs more often!"
Baekhyun smiled in contempt as he nodded along, helpfully providing him with his conditions.
"And if you'll ever make it into the showbiz you get me his contact."
"Yeees, for god's sake. I promised you that a thousand times."
"Aaaand...?"
Kyungsoo groaned in frustration.
"What else now?!"
"And I can totally ask him out on a date."
"Yeah, yeah, whatevs. Now delete that !"
With an innocent shrug Baekhyun typed away and Kyungsoo's suspicions only arose when he saw Chen lifting an eyebrow as he looked at the screen over his shoulder.
"And... Sent!" Baekhyun happily chirped and Chen inhaled with a sharp hiss.
Kyungsoo stared at him.
"What... What did you do?"

With a victorious smile Baekhyun presented him the screen where a private message had been sent to pcy-delight on Youtube.

Hi! ;3
It's Baekhyun from earlier today!
You're quite the fun guy, wanna meet up again?
See ya around ;)
Baek

"YOU LITTLE !"
Laughing like a maniac they chased each other around poor Chen who tried not to get hit by Kyungsoo or the wildly flailing Baekhyun who was at least as dangerous.
"You said I could ask him out!"
"NOT HIM YOU BASTARD! I swear to God if I get my hands on you-"
Chen sighed as he got pushed and pulled around, as always receiving more damage than either of the quarreling boys.

 

When Chanyeol checked his Youtube account that evening with a damp towel lying over his shoulder and some re-heated food next to him, he had a bunch of PM's, as usual.
There was an odd one, however. One being a message of some person named 100hyunnie, who introduced himself as Baekhyun.
Baekhyun... Baekhyun...
Chanyeol tried really hard but couldn't place a face to this name at all. Shrugging it off as a possible spam message he moved on to a recent message of ChenChen with a giddy smile. It was kind of an honour to get approached by someone like Chen who was quite on the way of becoming a big shot in the community.

Hey~
Fancy meeting you today!
You're not bad live :D
Don't wanna be invasive, just wanted to say hi~
Greetings,
Chen (& Kyungsoo)

Ruffling a few droplets out of his wet hair he stretched himself and began to type.

 


 

*hum* Do You, Do You...
Actually I prefer 'joke' but THAT would've killed poor Soo.
I love him, but isn't it astonishing how much he can't rap? My squishy-penguin-Soo...
This time we had a little guest-appearance of Vixx's Leo because that boy is very awesome.

I don't know about you guys but our national YT community is pretty active and has a few very entertaining channels to offer - I may or may not be a little YT addict! My favourite international channel's the one of nigahiga though. That guy is just too funny~

Don't forget that you can tell me about who you want to see at any time - I'm very receptive and will get back to it~ c:

Love,
Sugar-and-Salt