First Timer

Spring/Summer In My Heart

 

 



The dreadful moment their lips separated, Chanyeol immediately lifted the pressure of the lingering 'What now?' in the air by drawing him into a deep hug.
Kyungsoo was, quite frankly, completely out of it at this point. He's just had his first first kiss, and instead of the awkward mess society had promised him all his life, it had been nothing short of wonderful. Which was entirely Chanyeol's doing.
It was starting to get uncomfortable with the way the others arms were beginning to dig into his back as he was still pressed against the door, but he wouldn't dream of complaining about it. No, as long as he could continue to bury his nose in Chanyeol's neck, and let his palms carefully map out his back, Kyungsoo wouldn't be the one to end this. It seemed like even his overall snark and vivid imagination had been wiped away when his brain got short-circuited at the touch of their lips.
...unfortunately, Kyungsoo's brain was used to short-circuits and ever since the shock therapy he called his childhood, he developed a pretty solid AV switch. Meaning that his brain rebooted quickly.
Don't get him wrong, this was still good, great even. But slowly, the questions began clear their throat noisily, shooting him a pointed look.

Your crush just kissed you, one of them simply stated, dragging the most important question (a shy one, looking highly reluctant) forwards.
What does that make you two? Are you a thing now?, the shy one asked, resulting in another, noisy question to in.
And what kind of a thing? Like, a friends with benefits thing, a romantic relationship, just the early states of dating-
More questions felt alarmed at the possible, unfair negligence and all rushed forwards.
Would it be awkward to just ask him - I mean, is it supposed to be obvious?
Since when did he even like you (if he likes you)?
Are you gonna give him a nickname now? Like babe, darling, Yeollie, baby-
Not Yeollie, his sister calls him that, gross-


Oh my god, Kyungsoo thought.
Help. I need professional help.
Chanyeol's breathing was steady and calm, at least in comparison with his own, racing heart. He tightened his grip on the others sweater.
"I'm..." he began, voice nothing but an awed whisper at the foreign atmosphere, "...not sure what to do right now."
There, he said it. Chanyeol huffed out a breathy laugh, and for a moment he felt the laugh rumbling through his whole body, before he drew away, hands sliding up to rest on Kyungsoo's narrow shoulders.
(He never thought of them as too petite until the annoying, accumulated questions and comments of others moved into his head over the years, constantly reminding him of how incredibly slight he was and
do you ever find dress shirts that fit in the men's department?)

Chanyeol looked half-amused, half-sheepish, as he broke their gaze, rubbing his neck.
"Uh. Me neither," he mumbled, an awkward laugh on his lips. Pure self-defense had Kyungsoo half-heartedly shove him.
"Don't act all coy now, that's my part!" he accused him, well-aware of his flushed face. Chanyeol looked mildly taken aback by his sudden surge of bluntness, but he caught himself quickly.
"What? You started this!" he bickered right back incredulously, before relenting, "but yeah. I don't know, it's late, so... we could just sleep? I still have the morning shift tomorrow, so..."
Chanyeol's voice trailed off, Kyungsoo nodded helplessly, and that was it. Kyungsoo's mind was already reeling, half of his attention on all the things he
should be saying and how to do it, while the other half was hysterically laughing at the absurdity and already making up fancy descriptions for Chen.
Because he had just kissed his crush, and they'd both simply brush it off as if it was nothing, just because he was too ing awkward.
After brushing their teeth (and ignoring the pleasant tingle of standing next to his crush who he just kissed), and separately dressing (ignoring how good his maybe-boyfriend looked in a T-shirt and loose shorts), Kyungsoo was fully ready to sleep on the sofa. But when he emerged the bathroom in his admittedly not very y pajama with tiny penguins printed all over it - courtesy of Baekhyun, after he refused to wear the skin-tight briefs from his last year's birthday - Chanyeol hadn't prepared the blankets like usual. In fact, the whole apartment was almost completely dark, save for the bathroom's light, and to his left, Chanyeol hovered in the door frame.
"You want to sleep here tonight?"
It was an almost polite offer whispered into the tiny hallway separating the living room from the bathroom and the two other rooms, respectively. Surely he wanted to avoid waking Sohee in the room to Kyungsoo's right. He only nodded, and a few moments later, he was slipping under the blankets which had this distinct scent of Chanyeol, unsurely waiting for the other to join him. His heart skipped a beat when he did, and not only slipped close, but wrapped an arm around his waist, drawing him in close. Kyungsoo angled his head so he'd still be able to breath, sneaking his own arm around the slimmest part of the other's waist. The shirt was much thinner, and he could feel the distinct little curves, his shoulder blades and the dips of his spine. He scraped his nails over them, and felt him twitch at the sensation. Yes, this was real. Chanyeol liked him. He would surely push him away if he didn't.
His fingers slid up to explore the sliver of exposed skin on his nape, rubbing it and dipping below his collar the tiniest bit. He openly shuddered.
"I won't be able to sleep like this," he whispered, and Kyungsoo felt his minty breath ghosting over his fringe.
"I won't be able to sleep either way," Kyungsoo protested, before he knew it. Chanyeol chuckled, but it was barely a joke. In fact, Kyungsoo could feel his body reacting already, though he was way too nervous to even think about getting hard. Still. This was way too exciting, and no matter how irrational, he didn't want to miss any second of this.
For a long time, neither said a word as Kyungsoo explored his back with his fingertips, feeling up and down his sides, shoulders, getting lost in his surprisingly silky strands of freshly dyed hair. He did tease the spot where the other's shirt had ridden up a bit, but went not further than that.
"I never kissed a guy before," Chanyeol finally whispered.
"Me neither," Kyungsoo replied, and with an amused snort, Chanyeol snuggled that bit closer, treasuring the fact that he was allowed to take his first kiss.
"So we're each others firsts."
He sounded sleepy, but genuine. Surely, Chanyeol was much more sleep-deprived than him right now. Still, Kyungsoo meant what he'd said, and when Chanyeol's alarm clock went off at 3:45AM, Kyungsoo was still gently his back. He felt caught red-handed, but the sleepy kiss he received on his cheek was very much worth it.
Chanyeol ruffled his hair and scuffled out of the room (not without hitting his foot on the door frame with a silent curse)... and left Kyungsoo to finally drift off into dreamland at last.


Usually, Kyungsoo slept like a log. Or like a snorlax. Why did he even stir after no more than six hours of sleep, then? Definitely a case for the x-files. Either way, a hesitant, but insistent tapping slowly trickled into his mind. Someone was knocking on the door. Carefully.
With a low groan Kyungsoo poked his head out of the blankets, to meet the doe eyes of Sohee, who stood in the doorway, one small hand half-raised to knock against the door. Contrary to her actions, she looked a little shell-shocked now that Kyungsoo had actually waken up.
"Uhm. Morning," she began, voice unusually small as she rocked back and forth on her feet, "I set the table. For breakfast. If you want to eat..."
Kyungsoo blinked sleepily. He was really ing tired and thus not very hungry, but it was Saturday and who knew how long the tiny whirlwind had been up and alone already.
"Sure..." he mumbled, attempting to crawl out of bed. In the blink of an eye, Sohee had disappeared. It was usually like that, though it had been worse at first. As long as Chanyeol was around, she'd be all noisy and outgoing, but whenever they were alone, she turned into a shy ball of caution and politeness. Kyungsoo suspected it was something about the fact that she was home alone a lot, but rarely with anyone else. Sure, he's heard that Kyung slept over a lot, but that guy was practically family. He was relatively new (and a guy, on top of that). And since Kyungsoo was already awkward with kids in the company of other people, being alone with them only called forth the socially awkward penguin in him. Still, they were improving. The moment Kyungsoo had slipped out of Chanyeol's room, she was back, waiting for him with big eyes.
"Chanyeol only gets up if I make hot chocolate, but I didn't know whether you like it. I can still make one. If you want to. We also have cereals and toast, so I set the table for both-"
Kyungsoo was still rubbing the sleep out of his eyes when he padded into the kitchen. He tried to pay his full attention, he really did - but it was hard when your brain was flooded with the fresh and vibrant memory of your crushes lips on yours.

Wow, I made out with her brother, he thought, absently pouring fruit loops into his bowl.
That must be weird as for her, and I'm certainly not gonna be the one breaking it to her.
It was just as weird, feeling the need to care for Sohee. But as he half-heartedly listened to her ramble about her favorite scenes from Howl's Moving Castle, he couldn't help thinking that the girl definitely wasn't opposed to his attention. But as of now, he was just 'Chanyeol's friend' - maybe things would be different if he became 'Chanyeol's boyfriend'. Kyungsoo knew that he himself certainly wouldn't want anyone butting in and forcing himself into their tightly bonded family.
One might call Kyungsoo silly for thinking so much into it, but Sohee was Chanyeol's everything, and he wouldn't want to upset her or, god forbid, get in between them in any way.

Ah, what's with all those insecurities? Now it's too late, now we're together.
Right?
I mean, we didn't voice it out loud so far, but still...

As if on cue, a key was turned, and it was almost comical how quickly Sohee stopped talking - Kyungsoo could basically see the imaginary bunny ears perking up.
"I'm home!" a familiar voice called out, and Kyungsoo regarded Sohee, seeing whether she'd stand up. She usually did, to immediately greet her brother (and maybe get away from the uncomfortable atmosphere between her and Kyungsoo).
This time though, she didn't, merely calling back after swallowing a mouth of mushy cornflakes.
"Welcome back! You were late, so we started eating without you!"
Kyungsoo sat with the back to the door and his fingers twitched around the spoon when an amused voice was much closer than he'd anticipated.
"Did you now?" Chanyeol asked, one hand fleetingly brushing Kyungsoo's shoulder, before he grabbed a chilled bottle of water and sank into the chair next to Sohee. He looked over at Kyungsoo, shooting him a quick smile.
"Hey."
Kyungsoo smiled back, hoping it wouldn't come out too strained. His shoulder was still burning from that earlier touch.
"Hi," he breathed out, distracting himself with his food.

Would he break it to Sohee now? He should, right?
Chanyeol began to rant about his co-workers, exchanging insiders with Sohee.
This is a pretty good oportunity.
Sohee began to talk about that book Chanyeol really had to return to the library soon.
I mean. If he really wants this, us, he would probably tell her, right?
Chanyeol playfully whined about her nagging too much, and got up to place the dishes in the sink, telling her to fetch all the books, so they could make a trip to the library together.
Kyungsoo silently assisted him – slowly, he was starting to get the hang out this kitchen. Without a word, he slid next to Chanyeol, who had decided to actually do the dishes immediately. Their sides brushed whenever he reached for another bowl to dry.
"Did you sleep well?" Chanyeol suddenly asked. His voice was low, but he'd spoken up the moment Kyungsoo had approached him - as if he'd waited for this chance.
"Yeah. Work was good, too?" Kyungsoo mumbled right back, and Chanyeol chuckled.
"It was alright. I just told you guys though."
"Oh. Sure. Sorry."

I might have been distracted.
Kyungsoo's eyes were firmly trained on a dark blue bowl in his hands, when Chanyeol suddenly leaned over to place a kiss on his temple, to quick for him to react.
"Thanks."
He didn't specify what he was thanking him for, but Kyungsoo had a vague idea anyway. If Chanyeol needed more time, that was okay.
He only nudged his side in response, and Chanyeol's overly dramatic reaction got both of them wet.


 


 

Nooo, there's no song in this?
Anyway, I chose Namie Amuro's "First Timer" *sings "Do-do-do it like a first timer~*
...did you actually expect them to sleep with each other? You didn't, right?
Lately, there's been a lot of focus on Soo, but the others will be back to disturb his peace very soon, don't worry~

Love,
Sugar-and-Salt