I'm embarrassed, don't laugh!

Spring/Summer In My Heart

 


 

"Soo, where have you been? Don't tell me you're cheating!?" Chaerin inquired with an accusing look. Kyungsoo merely shook his head.
"Don't you question my honour, fair lady." he said mockingly, as he heaved his stuff onto his table, ping some clothing bags.
It was one of those days. Twice a semester, people had to present their progress; meaning every student brought whatever he had up to that point. It was a given that people got more and more stressed out over the semester, but today only about 30% were due. Therefore people were still pretty chill about it, having maybe one outfit made of proper fabrics and two others out of place-holder fabric to test the fit.
Surely, this was an important day. Kyungsoo wasn't that worried (yet) - The worries always came when his brain realised he'd never finish his outfits on time.
"So?" Chaerin inquired.
Kyungsoo looked at her and Minzy.
"I'm sooo in for Bom this year. I've seen her sketches and am pretty positive they give Luhan a run for his money. He can't win this one." he firmly stated.
Chaerin nodded solemny.
"Actually, I thought that as well. We can't all vote for Bom, though."
"I'm betting on Luhan, then." Minzy surprisingly said. They shot her a questioning glance to which she just shrugged.
"Just intuition. Besides, as you said, we can't just all place our bets on Bom."
"Very well, then. May the competition begin." Chaerin stated in an ecxaggerated manner.

Ever since the first semester it had become their thing, to vote who out of their two residential oddballs would outdo the other in terms of outlandishness.
Even on good days they weren't too sure what was on Bom's mind. But whenever they were about to forget her weirdness, her 'creations'(and that's probably the most appropriate word for it) hit them straight in the face like the latest Kyary Pamyu musicvideo. Or from whatever alien place they came from.
Still, her rival was not to be underestimated. Luhan was a Chinese student from the upper semesters, soon to graduate. His grasp of the language was pretty good, actually. Very rarely he was searching for a word until he claimed that the word probably only existed in Chinese anyway; Koreans wouldn't understand.
Well, Koreans, or rather people in general rarely understood him.
Don't get it wrong - Luhan was a really friendly person, outgoing, nice to be around... Yet somehow deep inside, his brain seemingly got short-circuited when it came to designing stuff. If you gave a normal person the logical input "A - B - ?" you would get the answer: "C".
If you asked Luhan, he would probably answer something around: "Magenta."
And if you'd dare to ask questions, he'd state that you wouldn't understand.
Which is around the point you stop asking.

Having so many individual creative characters around, standing out should prove itself almost impossible. Well, Bom and Luhan managed to, in their own ways. And that's why the trio had started the semi-annual "competition of WTF" as a way to cope with the weirdness as well as to get the chance of a free meal, since the loser had to treat the winner.
And seeing as food was definitely no joke to anyone, this contest was a serious thing and cheating would be punished with disqualification.

When Kyungsoo had set up his stuff, the three wandered along the hallways, where Bom was about to show her... Tentaculars? Raincoats? Kyungsoo took a step back and squinted his eyes at the display of the neon fur fabrics. Pink clashed with green and violet in a very sickening way and Kyungsoo had never even thought about combining long and fuzzy fur with bright enamel in his wildest dreams. Well, gee, now he might see those in his wildest nightmares. Thanks for that.
"Bommie, are those... Raincoats?" Minzy carefully asked.
"It is whatever you think it is." she answered airily as she tugged some ends into whatever shape they were supposed to be.
A natural disaster?
"I think I need sunglasses, this is kind of destroying my eyes." Chaerin dryly stated.
Wordlessly they stood around to observe the teachers' reaction.
To the question about her inspiration, Bom told something about the terrible shackles of society and the deep bond with your inner self to what the teachers only nodded in understanding.
I'd also retreat into myself if the shackles were dotted pink and green.
"It's brilliant! Just the appropriate mix of art and wearability!"
They gaped at the scene. No matter how often this happened, it never ceased to amaze them.
Just what am I doing wrong, Kyungsoo thought.
Wait... Did they say wearability? Like in, actually 'wearing' these... Garments?
"Kyungsoo-shi~" an angelic voice singsonged behind him, reaching for his upper arm. Not used to skinship, the shorter boy flinched visibly, but that would never deter the very touchy Luhan.
He was already dragging him over and Kyungsoo followed him with a perplex face.
"You surely won't mind wearing my outfit for a sec, would you?"
"Uhm, actually-"
"It won't take too long, over here~"
And did he even have a choice? Rethorical question.
Before he knew it, he was standing in his underwear before Luhan(there was no such thing as being shy about stuff like that at school, they were all professionals, mind you), and looked at the bundle of fabric he held up.
"This... How do I even...?"
"Don't do anything. Wait."
Luhan instructed him where to put his feet and Kyungsoo just stood there with his eyes pressed shut.
Please let this be over soon.
He heard a zipper being pulled and felt air around his legs.
"Is this... a dress?" he carefully inquired, afraid to hear the answer.
"Geez, Soo, you need to be more open-minded.", Luhan softly scolded as he tugged at the fabric, "Gender roles are such a thing of the past."
Normally Kyungsoo should feel weird at getting touched like that, especially in public (Luhan was obviously kneeing sideways arranging something under the skirt he was wearing); but again, this was all about work and no one would have paid them any attention anyway... If it wouldn't have been Luhan's stuff he was wearing.
"Okay... Okay, come on, go sideways, please..."
Kyungsoo tried not to frown in horror at himself, as he let himself be guided into the hall and padded in his black socks to the teachers, who were still occupied with someone else.
God, don't think about it.
"Okay. Stand still. Don't move, I'll be right back."
This is my moment to run and hide. But where would I hide like that? Even the spiders would give me a judging look.
Luhan flitted back, carrying something huge.
"And... There you go!" he ended cheerily, carefully placing a construction on his head that weighed at least 5 kilogram.
With a pained "Ugh." Kyungsoo wobbled in his place.
"Try to stand straight, please."
"Hmmh..." he mumbled incoherently as he thought about were to put his hands.
"OH. MY. GOD. This is sooo going on Facebook!"
Damn. They had seen him.
"Forget about Facebook-", Minzy disagreed, her camera already flashing, "This is gonna be my mobile phone wallpaper!"
The three girls were laughing so hard, they had tears in their eyes.
"Kyungsoo, this is too much. You're the best!"
"You damn- I will end all of-"
"Don't move around, Kyungsoo-shi." Luhan sternly intervened.
And so he stood perfectly still, his face red in anger and embarrassment as he got a phone shoved into his face.
"Isn't it precious? Think I should add some sparkles?" Minzy asked giggling.
"I hate you."

He looked at the picture of his unlucky face, clad in something that resembled some sort of enourmous dress full of small krinkles and giant pleats that looked like someone had lifted the sides upwards just to leave them there. One of the broad straps was revealing his shoulder and to make matters worse, the huge, gravity defiying thing was made of a flower-patterened fabric. Two different ones, to be exact. With flower ranks sprouting out in between the folds, twining upwards.
Topping this outfit off - literally - was the gigantic straw hat that wildly stuck out almost one meter into at least three directions.
Not to forget the huge " my Life" that was clearly written across his features.
Yes, this photo would haunt him forever.
As he knew the girls, they'd make sure to send a framed version to his future children.
Meanwhile he dully registered Luhan talking to the teachers something about revenge and neuropathy as they all looked scrutinizingly at the garment. While all the students obviously preferred to stare at Kyungsoo. Especially his legs, since the dress was pretty short, not even covering half of his thighs.
Please. Let it be over-
"Hello, is there someone here I could talk to?"
No.
 "About the water system problem you had the week before."
Nooo no no. NO.
"I'm Park Chanyeol from next do- Oh."
Maybe he doesn't even recognize me, maybe he doesn't remember me, maybe I-
"Uh. Hello... Kyungsoo?" Kyungsoo's official soulmate carefully said, slowly giving him a once over.
-Maybe I should just evaporate. Like, right now. Or even better, 5 minutes ago. To some place where I could have leisurely burnt this straw hat.
With a face probably red as a tomato, he mumbled very quietly: "H-hello..."
"Nice... Uhm...", Chanyeol hesitated, before settling on a "...Nice. You look nice.", obviously desperately in  search of the appropriate reaction to seeing a petite guy(that he unfortunately knew, sort of) in a huge dress-like thing in front of an audience.

That day actually Bom should have won.
But for the hilariousness of it all, they decided to give Luhan the (straw) crown of the year.
That the girls still treated Kyungsoo -out of pure pity- didn't cheer him up at all.

 


 

Hey guys~

Enter possibly insane ingenious Luhan!
This chapter is once again very close to the whole studying-fashion thing, since it's probably not something everyone knows about.
I'm sprinkling the others in bit by bit, so be patient ^_^
Until then you gotta live with possible genius crazy Bom~
This time not even one song was mentioned, so I just picked a song title that popped up in my mind for the chapter. One wish for a certain appearance to the first one who knows it~

Mini Fashion Dictionary Entry 1:
- Victor & Rolf -
Leave it to Victor and Rolf to create outlandish and creative evening gowns. Their haute couture fashion is no joke.
The dress appearing here has been part of the Haute Couture line S/S 2015~

Love,
Sugar-and-Salt c: