Not married but definitely in love with the music!

Spring/Summer In My Heart

 

 

One week later the day had finally come.
It was a Friday morning and while one could now insert the crisp morning air, inviting blue sky and chirping birds Kyungsoo was certainly the last person to notice any of it. Glad for every single one of his three hours of sleep he was currently padding down the hallway with a heavy clothing bag over one shoulder. He was wearing relatively formal clothes(though all black as usual) and a very generous amount of concealer, hair products and caffeine were enabling him to look fresh and attentive as he strolled to his other two outfits, greeting the girls on the way.
Of course it was a complete farce and he could only hope to return home before Cinderella's charm(aka the caffeine) began to wear off and he'd fall into a deep sleep, turning to the Sleeping Beauty Student instead. Was he mixing up the fairy tales? Oh well.
The girls looked completely wrecked as well with the exclusion of Dara who was perfectly awake and kept driving everyone insane with her nervous rambling.
"What if the models won't fit into my clothing?"
"What if I forget to mention anything?"
"What if they'll want to see the inside of the coats?!"
"What if the lower semester asks QUESTIONS?!"
"Dara please, for god's sake-"
"Chaerin."
"Fine, for MY sake - please stop! You've finished everything and there's no reason to worry!"
"But-"
"NONE. AT ALL."
"Guys, have you seen my antenna headpiece?", Bom chirped in between and Kyungsoo only let the chatter wash over him as he quietly hummed along to a tune from one of his headphones.
"I'm married to the music...~"
It was still early and not many people had arrived but soon the first models should-
"-the MUSIC!" someone enthusiastically added right into his ear and he almost made a double-take.
Kyungsoo his heels and flashed the brunette an exasperated look.
"Jongin, please. That's the completely wrong song! I was singing along to Shinee!" he mock-scolded him and in turn Jongin smirked and shrugged his shoulders cockily.
"Well, maybe I'm more of the 'In love with the music'-type. Marriage seems so tedious."
"You got a point. Anyway, good to see you. You know how grateful I am for you always modeling and all?"
Jongin only dismissed him graciously, his boyish grin full of cheekiness.
"Don't worry about it, I'll get my payment in chicken, right?"
Kyungsoo only laughed.
"Of course you do. Let me show you to the make up artist."
Said make up artist was actually a student herself but had become a common sight at the school's presentation days. And since he really didn't have anything better to do (and he really wasn't the type to mind-rehearse his presentation, preferring to wing it more or less), he sat down next to Jongin as he got his make up done.
"You know, I've thought about bleaching my hair." Jongin casually said while the girl kept brushing his fringe aside to apply the foundation.
"Really? In the mood for some change, huh? Any color in particular?"
"Just blonde, I guess."
"Can you look up a bit, Kai?"
"Sure."
Kyungsoo watched her expertly moving the brush across his face.
Kai.
It was his alias when modeling and sometimes he forgot how no one around here called him Jongin. In fact, no one but him was allowed to do so. It wasn't that Jongin openly lashed out at those who did - rather than that it was his overall appearance; also the reason why basically none of the very open and talkative students dared to flock around him. Jongin -no, he corrected himself, Kai- had such an intense and professional aura, it was more than a bit intimidating. The whole way he held himself with the controlled grace of a dancer, his smooth voice and the way he'd lazily smirk at people gushing over him... It all screamed 'untouchable' and Kyungsoo knew how relieved Jongin was for every second of peace he could get.
Because, after all, this all concerned Kai, the model.
The guy he had met last year through Baekhyun was Jongin, the student though.
And Jongin -the mediocre veterinary medicine student- was a shy and awkward guy, basically turning red at a mere look sent his way and hiding behind his friends at any given confrontation. Needless to say he was also not the least bit glamorous. Jongin, the student, was a perfectly regular guy with an obsession for fluffy animals and video games (and the tendency to cheat at said games).
"You want something more natural or dramatic?" the make up artist asked conversationally.
"I was thinking of heavily accentuated eyes? So rather on the dramatic side? With messy hair?"
"Alright~"
"It's okay with you Jongin, isn't it?" Kyungsoo asked as an afterthought but Jongin only shot him a dismissive hum, not daring to move too much.
"Sure. Whatever floats your boat. You know I'm always in for some drama."
Kyungsoo vaguely nodded. It was true - the more makeup he wore, the easier it was being Kai.
"Who else is coming today? Anyone I know?"
Kyungsoo only vaguely shook his head at this while stuffing a chocolate bar in his mouth (after all, you shouldn't skip breakfast).
"Nah. At first Kris wanted to come and bring along Tao. But yesterday night he texted me that something came up and he'd send a replacement. Even I don't know who's gonna show up."
"Huh. So it's probably not gonna be Baek, is it?"
Kyungsoo only snorted at this.
"Pff, as if I'd want that midget to stand in between you and Tao. You know, Tao's pretty tall. Naw, Baekhyun is really more of a photo model."
Not that he's a bad photo model. Though he does have a certain style-
"Kyungsoo! Someone's asking for you!" Minzy called from across the room and he quickly got up to greet an uncertain-looking Tao at the entrance. But Luhan was quicker, jumping at him from out of nowhere - since when had he even been here, anyway?
"Tao, you've actually come! Did you have trouble finding the way?" he cooed in worry, quickly offering to take his jacket.
Oookay then.
Kyungsoo wasn't sure what was creepier - his behavior or the fact that he slowly got used to it.
"Hey Tao. The girl over there will take you over as soon as she's done with Jongin-"
"I'll show you the school until then~" Luhan all but purred as he practically dragged Tao away.
Well, one less thing to worry about.
He used the remaining time to re-check his stuff one last time (and help Bom find her antenna-thingy as well as another accessory he had absolutely no idea on how to wear) when Minzy was all up in his face once more.
"There's another model for you. Please tell me you're gonna let me borrow them, pretty pretty PLEASE. Where do you find all these guys?!" she exclaimed in astonishment and Kyungsoo merely blinked, looking around the corner to find-
"Sehun??"
Indeed it was the lanky photographer who was awkwardly looming in the entrance area and he hurried over to him. Clearly he was feeling out of place and the rainbow-colored hair really didn't help at all.
"What are you doing here? I mean, not that I don't appreciate it. I mean. It's great you're here. But why...?"
"Kris sent me." he curtly said, his eyes subtly flitting to the various girls -both students and models- shooting him curious looks.
"You're the replacement model?! Wow. I mean. Wow." Kyungsoo uttered and realizing how wrong this sounded and how the boys eyebrow had risen considerably he hurried to add "That's just. I didn't know you modeled. You certainly have the looks though."
"I- Yeah. No big deal.", Sehun gave back noncommittally, "What's up first?"
"The make up, let me show you the way... Oh, perfect, Wheein is almost done with Tao. You're next. Just take a seat." Kyungsoo invitingly said while hurrying off to dress up Jongin. He was slightly worried though he wasn't sure whether it was for Sehun or the stylist.
Jongin had just gotten into the Asian outfit and was about to get his accessories when Wheein called for him and he went back to her, Jongin in tow.
"You want the same look for him as for the other two?"
"Uhm..."
Kyungsoo looked at the stoic face of Sehun. And groaned.
"Damn, that's a tough decision. Damn. You look so freaking perfect just like this already. You'd rock this outfit with makeup." Kyungsoo gushed earnestly and was that a tiny blush on his pale face?
Ultimately he sighed as he came to a decision.
"But well... For the sake of unity... Oh, whatever! Bring on the drama! Some eyeliner has never done any harm."
"Got it~" Wheein chirped, rummaged for a pencil and was about to resume when she noticed Sehun staring at some point next to Kyungsoo...
"Hey there." Jongin hummed and he didn't even need to turn around to know that Jongin was wearing his trademark smirk once more.
"H-hi." Sehun breathlessly uttered back and he turned to see Jongin's grin turn almost wolfish at the response. Not missing a beat he swung himself into the chair next to the photographer, all effortless and charming as his slightly hooded eyes fixed their prey.
"So you're modeling with me today. You experienced?"
Sehun choked on nothing for a split-second before his lips unconsciously.
"Uhm. Actually not. This is my first time."
Under the salacious look he quickly added a "Modeling. I mean modeling."
"Haaah, really." Jongin hummed lowly, eyes raking down his body.
"You certainly look like a model though. Want me to show you some moves?"
Sehun almost squeaked out a helpless "W-what?" and Kyungsoo decided that he was probably needed elsewhere, hurrying away to dress Tao instead.
He couldn't blame Sehun. Jongin was already a sight to behold but Kai... Kai was alluring. From the darkly rimmed eyes over the y bed-hair to the healthy complexion - if he was only 1% into boys, not even the stoic Sehun stood a chance.

In the end Luhan dressed Tao (in a completely proper manner without even one finger sneaking where it didn't belong; alarming) and an hour later he had also managed to get an awkward Sehun into his outfit. Poor boy was obviously not used to wearing eyeliner and his eyes kept tearing up. Deciding to do him a favor he shooed Jongin away to get his accessories fixed by Luhan so he could at least undress without Jongin practically eye-ing him.
"Everyone's kinda professional." he mumbled in between Kyungsoo righting his pants.
"Ah, nonsense. No one's getting paid here, they all do it for fun." he easily gave back as he fumbled with a button. Sehun was standing still like a statue and kept flinching at surprising touches which made the job of dressing him slightly difficult, but after hearing that he was new to this Kyungsoo couldn't help but take pity on him, not mentioning it.
He only spoke up again when his head was half-buried in a cape.
"Uhm. How does it all go?"
"Hmm?? I'm sorry, what did you say?"
Sehun pushed his head through the (maybe slightly too narrow)collar and took in a sharp gasp for air.
"I mean... What do I have to do?"
"Oh. That's what you mean. Don't worry, it's super simple.", Kyungsoo reassured him while fumbling with one of the capes, "Let's go and get a few hairpins to hide your rainbow-colored hair under the hood-"
He noticed a vague flickering of insecurity in Sehun's eyes (later on he'd be able to tell that this was his "I'm completely panicking what the are you talking about" look. For now he only looked slightly uneasy to Kyungsoo.) and shot him an encouraging smile as he leaned towards him with his voice lowered.
"Look. I know Jongin, uh, Kai probably seems like a very... suspicious person to you at the moment but he'll guide you. Trust me, he has been my friend for years."
Sehun didn't look 100% convinced but jovially accepted it and let himself get tugged down the hall.

"Oh my god, you all look great. I didn't even know my clothing could look this great. Seriously guys. You're amazing." Kyungsoo swooned as he saw the three guys lined up in the hallway. It was perfect indeed. Tao's exotic and warm features harmonized well with his African-inspired outfit whereas Jongin symbolized a mysterious Asian beauty and Sehun looked nothing but stunning in the Inuit-inspired one. With his fair skin and sharp features Kyungsoo was sure that no one would have been able to pull it off any better.
Just perfect. Tao's confidence, Jongin's grace and Sehun's resolution...
"It's ing perfect. Are you guys per chance willing to make another photoshooting in those one day?" he bluntly asked and while Tao and Jongin were quick to agree because 'Why not?', Sehun hesitated until a pair of hands on his hips made him jump out of his thoughts.
"Don't be scared, it'll be great practice." Jongin kindly said before lowering his voice to murmur into his ear.
"A private lesson, so to say."
"Uhm. Sure. Yeah, why not?" Sehun said, a bit too quick to be truly nonchalant.
"Oh my god, really?!", Kyungsoo exclaimed in disbelief, "You're amazing. I love all of you."
"Gaaaay~" Luhan muttered under his breath while staring ahead with a perfect pokerface of sweet attentiveness.
"Oh shut up Luhan.", Kyungsoo hissed back, "I am gay. And so are you, by the way."
"Pfft, no need to be all dramatic, princess." Luhan singsonged back, his expression not even twitching.
"You're one to talk!", he gave back in exasperation, "Nothing could be more gay than your behavior towards- OUCH!"
"What happened? Are you hurt?" Tao curiously inquired but Luhan only stepped in between them, dismissing the idea.
"Ah, don't worry about him. It's just the stress. Poor thing is lacking sleep. That causes headaches, you know?"
"In my leg?!" was what Kyungsoo had tried to say. Until his other shin had been suffering from an awfully precise kick as well.


 



"How did it go~?"
Kyungsoo, who had initially trudged right past his room with slurry but decisive steps took a few steps backwards to poke his head into Chen's room.
"Good. Forgot half of my presentation, winged it, models looked awesome, clothes didn't tear. Sorry but I really gotta go to sleep now."
Chen only lifted his hands in defeat.
"Sure thing. Wouldn't dream of getting in your way."
"Bad enunciation. You wouldn't dream after getting in my way. Never. Again."
"Ooookay Sleeping Beauty. Go get your Beauty sleep."
Kyungsoo didn't even bother to correct him. Mostly because he didn't hear him over the sound of the mattress bouncing as he plunged down on it right after undressing in lightning speed.
His deadline was down, Luhan's was next. But for now... He wanted nothing but to sleep.
Preferably for two days straight.

 


 

So much to say, but first and foremost:

Happy New Year!! \^_^/

You probably won't believe me but I had this entrance of Jongin planned from the moment I had come up with this fic(when, last year in summer??) - Greetings to texturedjeans who probably doesn't even remember deciding the SeKai couple but there they are in all their awkward glory! :D

Fashion Fun Facts:
- Yes, people tend to talk about models like they're objects. "Can I borrow her?" - Yupp, rude much, if you ask me xD
- And yes again, H&M doesn't only stand for cheap clothing but also for Hair & Make up. Funnily enough in Germany you also call them 'Visa'(short for Visagist). Please welcome the misunderstandings by outsiders, thinking about a credit card.

This chapter featured Shinee VS. w-inds who amazingly brought out Singles with such similar names/flairs(Married to the music/In love with the music) - they are both awesome songs c:

Enough rambling, have fun celebrating into the new year!

Love,
Sugar-and-Salt