Alone Together [very mild M]

Spring/Summer In My Heart

 

 





"Kyungsoo! I haven't seen you in, like, a month!"
Kyungsoo just shrugged, reaching for a few smarties from the bowl he'd placed next to his laptop.
"Now you're just being dramatic."
"36 days! I forgot what you look like!" Amber added, always ready to up the drama if it possibly drove him nuts. He rolled his eyes and crunched them extra loudly.
"We literally texted five minutes ago."
"I thought you were
dead!"
Just in time, Chen walked by to snatch some smarties for himself, crunching them noisily as he snatched a shirt from the clothesline (that was definitely not his).
"I think he's been dying every day for two weeks now," he provided helpfully, and Kyungsoo shot him a halfhearted glare. Amber only grinned broadly and pressed even closer to the camera.
"Aaayy, that's right - how's it going with your
boyfriend?"
"Is it really necessary to put italics on that?" Kyungsoo asked, but his lips twitched in a smile that didn't go unnoticed by his observant friend. She
cooed. She down right cooed! No one cooed at Do Kyungsoo, goddammit!
"What do you expect me to say? There's nothing much to tell. We're a thing now. End of story," Kyungsoo determinedly said, and Amber only raised an eyebrow.
It was true. It had been almost two weeks since he could call Chanyeol his boyfriend, and not much had really happened so far. They didn't see each other every day (because Chanyeol was all but drowning in work recently, it seemed), but Chanyeol made it a point to drag him out at ever once in a while to either visit the cinema or get something to eat. Kyungsoo was still a little awkward sometimes, and he had a hard time pretending he
didn't want to just kiss Chanyeol all day long, but that aside, everything was going just fine.
Amber, however, seemed very unimpressed by his curt reply.

"Don't give me that attitude, Do Kyungsoo. You clearly owe me one, now spit it out."
"Why would I owe you anything?" he asked in a fit of confusion, and the girl only reached out of the frame to pull another guy into it - by his ear.
"Because you dropped this good-for-nothing on me!"
A small 'eep' and a sheepish smile were all Henry had to offer.
"Oh. Hi there, Henry. Are you crashing at Amber's now?" Kyungsoo asked with mild interest, while Chen stopped by to
snatch more smarties for breakfast greet Henry with a curt 'yo'.
"Don't act like I even had a choice - this idiot almost got run over by a bike five times already - on his first day, if I might add!"
Henry made a half-apologetic, half-excited face.
"There are so many bicycles here, Soo! I've never seen so many - they have routes for them, too, kinda like in Pokemon-"
Amber flicked his head, and the other whined.
"Oh, come on, I'm adjusting so well already!"
She didn't even argue on that. The mere statement was so incredibly ludicrous, that it left her gaping at him with a judging look. Kyungsoo's and Chen's fingers touched on the bowl of smarties, as they'd both absently reached for them in the pure absence of popcorn.
"After you."
"Oh no, you go first," Chen retorted in mock-politeness, just to serve as a contrast to the screen, where Amber had begun to playfully (?) strangle the other.


 




10:30
To: ChenChen
Thanks for throwing me under the bus earlier!

10:32
From: ChenChen
Only for you, man

10:33
To: ChenChen
........
Are you really THAT keen on letting everybody know that you're the only one single out of us two atm?!

10:33
From: ChenChen
...
Did you see my away tho?

Kyungsoo scrunched his eyebrows together and his fingers flew up to check his contact list. There, right next to 'ChenChen'... was an emoji of a puppy and a penguin with a heart in between.

10:34
To: ChenChen
you.

"Soo?"
His head all but flew up, way too quickly to be subtle during pattern making.
"Gee, were you reading again?" Chaerin asked with an eye roll, glittery pen tapping against her sheet restlessly.
"I do not read ," Kyungsoo began, but upon looking at the look she gave him, he slightly adjusted his course, "...all the time."
"U-huh. Sure. You seem so happy recently, did we miss something?"
Kyungsoo stared at her. She looked back pointedly.
So Chen hadn't shown up with a banner announcing Kyungsoo's taken-status just yet. Good to know.
With every split-second of hesitance passing, he could see her suspicion growing though.
"Well. No. I mean, it depends," Kyungsoo said slowly. "Did you see the MM Awards yesterday? Suju looked
stunning in those suits-"
"Soo."
"-and that performance of Shinee blew up the audience-"
"Kyungsoo."
"Jonghyun basically got off on stage-"
"Kyungsoo, please-"
"OH MY GOD, really?!"
They both turned to see Dara looking both scandalized and fascinated.
Then they all turned to the front simultaneously... to find the teacher long gone.
With a relieved sigh, Kyungsoo shifted his chair back as both girls began to accuse each other of either feminism or... anti-feminism. Whatever that was called again. Kyungsoo couldn't bother, really, because that very moment, he received an incoming message from Chanyeol.

[10:40]
From: Chanyeol-ah
Hey Soo! :D
Since Sohee is on that trip and I'm free...
Sleepover at my place? :D

Kyungsoo replied before the movement of the gears in his head could actually lead somewhere.

[10:40]
To: Chanyeol-ah
Sure, why not?
Movie night? Or good old gaming?

[10:41]
From: Chanyeol-ah
Well. I didn't show you my incredible Mario Party skills yet, so...~

[10:41]
To: Chanyeol-ah
Mario Party it is. Be prepared, though. I know my games.

[10:41]
From: Chanyeol-ah
We'll see about that ;)
How about meeting at the station in front of the supermarket at around 5? Then we can go and choose some snacks and stuff~

[10:41]
To: Chanyeol-ah
Sure

It was a full thirty seconds later when Kyungsoo's brain caught up. And he stared at the innocent message on his phone.

Sohee is away. Chanyeol had no work to go to.
Meaning that they were alone. Together.

Alone together.
He shook his head.
Alone together is, like, the dumbest oxymoron ever. My life is not a Morgenstern poem.
Seriously though. He'd never truly been alone with Chanyeol before. They'd been to cafés and lounged around at his workplace. They'd been at Kyungsoo's place, too, but Chen usually wasn't too far, if he wasn't flatout sitting with them.
And they'd be alone the
whole night.
He swallowed dryly, trying not to freak out now.
Who am I kidding, this is a reason to freak out! Red alert, oh my god, does this mean what I think it does?
He typed a quick, panicky message to Chen that was lacking all punctuation and emojis (to make a point of how serious this was), and sat back in his chair, staring at the still debating girls -who were now arguing over who had the best abs, a topic girl conversations usually led to, how Kyungsoo had noted a long time ago- with glassy eyes.
Would Chanyeol want to... do it with him?
After all, this
was a perfect opportunity, and there was no telling when it would rise again.
But... but still, Kyungsoo thought.
This was way too early, he felt under-prepared. How would he even know what to do? His pure, innocent self would probably die as soon as Chanyeol would take his shirt off!

 




"Ahn- wait, you're going so fast," he panted, fingers scabbling to get a hold of the other's slim waist - but his fingers were quickly swatted away.
" you, you know how long I've been wanting this - now take what you wanted so desperately!" he hissed, spreading his legs even further.

Take it.
He made a strangled noise at the heat filling him, stretching him, tearing him open. He liked the burn though, liked the pain.
And so he didn't wait for his nerves to stop screaming and swiftly dragged himself up, fingers resting on the other's broad, bare shoulders. He felt the other's drag out, felt every inch of it.
With a dazed look, he pushed down, ripping a surprised groan out of the other.
"Ryeowook-


"Oh, wow."
Kyungsoo whipped up, just to look into the wide orbs peeking over his shoulder.
Chanyeol had come to get him. And he'd snuck up to him. And read along.
...he wanted to die.
"I JUST-" he began, pushing the lock button on his phone while simultaneously shoving it into his jacket. Chanyeol wore this funny look - the one he usually reserved for Baekhyun when he was doing something charming, but mostly weird.
"That was pretty... intense, I guess. I mean. Not judging you..." Chanyeol said, but the way he was trailing off told him that he was judging him hard. As hard as Yesung's di-
"You didn't see that!!" Kyungsoo yelled, loud enough to drown out his own, rated thoughts. He knew his cheeks must be tinted red already, he could feel it.
"This. Never happened," he added, an audible crack in his voice.
Chanyeol actually chuckled at this, tilting his head in a display of fond exasperation.
"Now you really do sound like the Madagascar penguin," he said, and with that, the topic was off the table for him. That didn't mean that Kyungsoo had stopped freaking out about it by the time they'd reached his apartment awhile later.

Oh my god, now he'll think I'm super . Or just weird.
I mean, there was no breathplay in this, so there's that-
...no, he'll definitely think I'm super weird, goddammit.

The internal battle of cringe against humiliation went on during most of their first Mario Party round. Kyungsoo didn't even know what they were fighting over - or how they could ignore awkwardness, the annoying, over-the-top dramatic feeling that was usually in charge of in his brain. She (and she was most definitely a she, possibly an incarnation of Bom) was probably still busy assessing the reputational damage of earlier, when he'd shown Chanyeol one of his favorite Youtube channels. Because for some reason, Chanyeol didn't find the morbid Youtube reviews where a fictional slob offhandedly presented a video on how to dissect and prepare feline meat funny. Alright, maybe the part where he'd literally pissed on a Dvd had been stretching it a little - but it was just a literal analogy! Clever screenwriting, just a little wink to the audience...
Chanyeol had obviously disagreed, and given him another funny look, and had made Kyungsoo want to die of humiliation.
"Hah! I told you I'm good at this!"
Alright, so humiliation had won. At least Kyungsoo was now pretty sure that he wasn't into humiliation. Didn't feel all that good. Nope. He wanted a refund.
"Soo?" Chanyeol asked, playfully jabbing his side with the gamepad, "no need to freeze up like that, you won so many games already, you're rich enough to buy that haunted house we're in!"

And while Kyungsoo was torturing himself with his second and third (and fourth) thoughts, Chanyeol seemed to have forgotten all about the fact that Kyungsoo had a rather morbid humor and questionable taste (really, it wasn't the best fic he'd ever read; definitely not something to be proud of - it was totally lacking proper name-use!). He also didn't seem nervous about... later.

Chen had done his best to somewhat calm Kyungsoo down, reasoning that he could take along condoms and lube, just in case, and just wait and see what Chanyeol had in mind. Obviously, his friend had given him the obligatory speech of not letting himself get talked into anything he didn't want, blah blah... but Kyungsoo
did want it. Of course he wanted it, what a question!
It would have helped if he'd ever himself before though. Really, if he'd had known that this would happen so soon, he would've accustomed his body to the idea.
A peck to his cheek ripped him from his thoughts, and he glanced at Chanyeol, who was looking at him with a mix of worry and curiosity.
"Everything alright?"
Kyungsoo nodded numbly and vaguely mourned that they hadn't shared a real kiss yet, even though they'd met up about five hours ago. An unfortunate circumstance he felt inclined to change.

Without thinking much, he leaned in to cautiously press their lips together, and felt Chanyeol all but molding into it with a barely audible sigh.
It was obvious that Chanyeol was more experienced than him, but kissing Kyungsoo really liked already, and it didn't feel like he was doing something terribly wrong (though he still kept the tongue involvement to a minimum). He was really glad they hadn't bothered with the frozen fish 'kisses' from those drama series, because those looked terribly awkward and Kyungsoo wasn't sure he'd be able to pull those off in a serious manner. Also, open-mouthed kisses were so nice and warm and
thrilling.
He felt the gamepad slowly sink against his thigh as Chanyeol's focus fully shifted to him. This was definitely another thing - Chanyeol didn't kiss distractedly, he was pulling his full attention into it, like he did with all the things he was passionate about. The mere idea had Kyungsoo hum into the kiss, applying a bit more pressure.
Chanyeol was quick to react and tilted his head further to catch both of his lips almost possessively, before going back to playfully nipping at them. They'd kissed a couple times already now, but Kyungsoo still felt light and dizzy. Just thinking about feeling those lips on his skin, exploring all of it...
Chanyeol ultimately drew away first to shoot him a warm, albeit slightly mischievous grin.
"So do I get a kiss every time I win?" he asked lowly, and Kyungsoo felt the urge to hit him for exploiting his weakness so obviously. Having that voice too close to him meant danger.
"Because that would be a pretty strong incentive."
Kyungsoo stared at him with slightly parted lips for a second too long, and Chanyeol chuckled.
"You're so adorable when you're flustered."
"Shut up!" Kyungsoo countered lamely, and mashed the buttons on Chanyeol's gamepad.
"You just wanna coax me into losing voluntarily, but I'm not having it!"

Yes, Kyungsoo thought while watching the virtual characters move over the board. He hadn't been with Chanyeol for long, but so far, it was everything he could dream of. If he'd actually sleep with him tonight... he was sure he wouldn't regret it.

That night, Kyungsoo did end up shirtless under the sheets.
He wasn't sure how this had even happened - they'd orderly dressed into their pajamas, but the top was already crumpled somewhere at the foot of the bed; the lighting was a little too dim to be sure. He was feeling hot all over, and positive he'd never been this before in his entire life.
They were lying on their sides with their hands languidly roaming each other's backs, sides and chest. In a fit of bravery, Kyungsoo pressed himself up against him from top to bottom, and he heard the other inhale sharply. And... he wasn't really as affected as Kyungsoo was?
Kyungsoo repeated the motion, but no, he really wasn't...? He definitely didn't feel like he was small, but neither did he feel even semi-hard, unlike Kyungsoo himself.

Oh , he's not biual after all.
This was the first, scalding thought hitting him.
Oh my god, this is bad.
Sensing the mood drop in favor of insecurity, Chanyeol drew him in close, burying his nose somewhere in Kyungsoo's neck.
"Sorry," he murmured against his skin, and before Kyungsoo could really freak out, he continued, "I'm just... nervous."

Oh. Really?
Kyungsoo had no idea why all those words wouldn't leave his lips right now. They just heavily sat on his tongue.
"It's my first time with a guy, and I'm just..." Chanyeol murmured, trailing off.
"Oh. Okay," Kyungsoo whispered, fingers rubbing the other's back, distractedly feeling up his shoulder blades.
Chanyeol groaned audibly, and he felt the vibration of it.
"Oh my god, I wanna die. This is so embarrassing."
"What?" Kyungsoo asked, wriggling in his hold, but Chanyeol refused to show his face. "How is this embarrassing?
"Don't make me say it out loud," Chanyeol whined, "you've been looking forward to this, and now I can't get it up, I'm the worst..."
"
OH."
This time, Kyungsoo had accidentally said it out loud, instantly regretting it when Chanyeol winced.
He was too nervous to-
oh. In that case...
"Don't worry about it. It's okay, really. You know," he began, burying his flaming cheeks in Chanyeol's coarse hair, "me too. I mean. I'm a little nervous, too. It's really fine if we don't..."
"Are you sure? You're not thinking anything weird now, right? I know you wanted to use this opportunity-"
"No, really, it's fine," Kyungsoo reassured him, and he meant it. He'd enjoyed everything they'd done so far, all the kisses and especially the tiny hickey Chanyeol had left in the crook of his neck, but knowing that it ended here (for now) was a relief, to be very honest.
"I just saw that you brought lube and stuff, so I-"
"W-what? You found it?!"
Chanyeol picked up on his panicked voice and reacted with mild confusion.
"Yeah, when you told me to get the crisps from your bag. I just thought-"
"No, I thought
you would want to-" Kyungsoo began, and cut himself off upon having the realization of the day.
"...we're both idiots."
Chanyeol actually snorted.
"We totally are."

Kyungsoo turned around in order not to harass the other with his 'little problem' and fought the spark of arousal he felt when strong arms drew him close. Yes, this was perfectly fine, too. They had time. Much more time, actually.
He shivered when warm breath tickled his ear.
"Still, this is really ing embarrassing. Don't tell it anyone, promise? Not even Chen."
Kyungsoo huffed out a laugh and twisted his head to place a quick peck somewhere along his jawline.
"Especially not Chen, you mean. Don't worry about it."
Chanyeol placed a row of grateful, hot kisses along his neck.

That is, until Kyungsoo swatted at him, kindly asking him not to 'rub it in now, oh no, that came out wrong, I was talking about- you know what I was talking about, stop laughing'.




 


 

Amber is right! It's been so LONG!
Besides obvious deadlines, the reason for that is that I was originally planning to squeeze in a Kai Solo, but inspiration just wouldn't come. *ugh*
I feel almost rusty after writing so much angsty stuff ;_;

So... I think it's time for another poll, don't you?

Don't worry, if even one person really hates the idea, I'll take care to embed it in a way that you can skip it~ c:

 

Love,
Sugar-and-Salt

P.S.: the part where Soo mentioned how badly written that fic was... was a jab at myself, who tends to use way too few names. I'm working on it, though! ;o;