[Luhan Solo] I REALLY like you.

Spring/Summer In My Heart


 



Luhan unabashedly grinned to himself while leaving his finger to softly trail the lit-up screen that proclaimed Tao was typing.

[16:30]
From: TaoTao
No, I'm just on my way to work.
What about you? What are you doing?

Tapping his nails(which were a complete mess thanks to merciless industrial sewing machine) in thought, the blonde came to a conclusion.

[16:31]
To: TaoTao
Nothing much, Just working at school as always ^^

If he had dared to sent Kris an emoji like this, he'd probably be crept out and block him straight away. But this was Tao, and Tao didn't know. And Luhan would rather have it stay this way.

[16:32]
From: TaoTao
Sounds tough!

[16:32]
To: TaoTao
It's alright :)
After all, this is what I love! Missing a few hours of sleep is nothing -^o^-

Luhan's fingers moved swiftly, all-too easily typing out the lie as if he wasn't that close to a mental breakdown.
Which reminded him that yeah, he should go back to work. So he sent a last elaborate goodbye message with lots of smiley faces. He couldn't help but reminisce while plopping behind the sewing machine with a sigh to pick up where he had left off - inserting the second slit pocket(which in itself was a pain already, without adding a complex design he now very much regretted).
There had been a time when he would have acted differently, more honest.
But this time was officially over, for obvious reasons...

 


-roughly 2 years ago-

[16:30]
From: Babe
What about you? What are you doing?

[16:31]
To: Babe
Thinking about doing YOU ;D

[16:32]
From: Babe
...seriously...

 



It had been an exceptionally gloomy day in autumn when Luhan met this guy destined to become his first real boyfriend.
Being still rather new to Korea he had felt homesickness gnawing at his insides and so he dragged his new Chinese friend Kris into a karaoke bar to sing away his sadness in the form of all types of songs that were anything but Korean.
He had just begun to jump up and down on the sofa belting along to another American pop song when the door opened.
"I really really really really like youuuu!"
"Your snacks."
...And at the sight of the waiter he tripped and tumbled down the couch with a pathetic yelp.

 

It took weeks of persistence on Luhan's end but one week before Christmas he found himself receiving a shy peck on his cheek in the middle of the snowy streets. Needless to say that he was elated. After a few occasional short-lived flings he could happily call this his first real relationship and boy, wasn't he a goner. The guy was nothing but sweet, pure sugar behind his quiet and shy demeanor with every tiny proof of affection leaving him a giggly mess. The fact that he was his first male love interest made it all the more flattering.
And it had all been going quite smoothly. Or so he had thought.

 

"Hey bunny, long time no see~" Luhan cooed into the ear of Leo, draping himself over his backside. The poor boy flinched so hard, Luhan almost fell off.
"Oh my god, don't do that. You're giving me a heart-attack." he sighed and the sound of his quiet voice was music to his ears.
"Aww, I know I'm making your heart beat faster but I prefer you alive sweetie-" he continued with a playful kiss on the now burning ear before slinking in the seat next to him while his boyfriend rolled his eyes. He still subtly leaned into his side while Luhan said hello to their friends at the table. Luhan was obviously every grandmother's dream - he was polite, bubbly, extremely pretty handsome and had an angelic smile. It came to no one's surprise that Leo's friends approved of him the moment they met each other.
And while the waitress took their orders and Leo ordered the most fancy drink on the menu(it was cute how much he loved coffee, Luhan thought) with an extra shot of espresso and whipped cream on top, the blonde leaned in closer to whisper in his ear.
"And here I thought my cream was good enough for you."
It resulted in a coughing fit and a not-so-gentle hit to his shoulder.
"Can you not be like this?!" he hissed back but Luhan only laughed at how whiny he sounded.
"Aww, you're so adorable!", he exclaimed loudly and threw his arm around the broad shoulders, drawing the weakly protesting boy closer, "Every noise you make is so precious! Though my favorites clearly are the ones you make in be-"
A hand flew up to cover his mouth and their friends began to chuckle and poke fun at the amusing couple, not noticing Leo's glare when Luhan his hand in retaliation.

It would always turn out like this.
"Don't call me that way."
"Luhan, please."
"Don't. We're in public!"
...were only a few of the phrases well-edged into Luhan's memory.

 

"But babe!", Luhan whined with a playful pout as he wiggled a pair of cat ears in front of his face, "Look at how fluffy they are! They'd suit you perfectly!"
"I-I... Don't..."
And that was as far as he got, trailing off into a whisper with his cheeks flaming red, hiding behind his sleeves.
Leo very rarely stammered and he knew he'd hit a sensitive point.
"Oh? If you look like this, I can already picture them so well! Let's buy them, which pattern do you prefer?"
"N-NONE!"
"Mhh... How about the wolf ones? Cause we both know how wild you can get~" he continued with a wink and Leo buried his head in his shoulder in embarrassment with a faint groan. Luhan only continued his search, not the least bit fazed.
"Or the leopard ones? Yeah, now that I think about the way you claw... Definitely a kitty."
"Luhan."


The problem was simply that Luhan was missing a few filters(or most of them, really).
He was the type to have fun in a relationship and his idea of fun included lots of PDA and a healthy life. It wasn't that Leo didn't like him because he surely did. It also wasn't that Luhan was purely interested in physical aspects. He deeply cherished his boyfriend, wanted to protect and support him, to spoil him rotten and shower him with affection - but the way he did it just didn't seem to work well.
At first he really didn't understand what Leo was trying to tell him at that one late afternoon in summer, roughly six months after they had confessed.
It didn't make any sense for him until his boyfriend finally burst out the truth.

"You're just so... macho."
"W-what? I am?! But - it's just my way of proving you my love-"
"I know! Look. I-I know you're a good person. You really are. But... We just don't work well together. I'm... I'm sorry."
Luhan blankly stared at his boyfriend whose eyes had lowered to the ground and he was fidgeting so much it bordered on trembling.
"What do you mean?" he asked carefully, very much afraid of the answer.
Leo only shook his head and while he heavily tried to uphold eye contact he couldn't stop flitting between the ground and Luhan's shocked expression.
"It just doesn't... Let's stop. I mean let's end this, I mean... I'm sorry."
"Wait! Don't say that! I can change my behavior!" Luhan hurriedly added, taking a step forwards but stopping in his tracks when Leo avoided his seeking hands.
"But... it's not in your nature. We are just not made for each other and... you should be with someone who's able to satisfy your needs." Leo stammered, his mind-rehearsed speech a mess as the words tumbled out of his mouth.
And at the sight of his head hanging low and eyes squeezed close, his shoulders slumped, the fight slowly leaving his body.
"I'm sorry." Leo whispered once more.
"Me too. I'm sorry." he whispered back, feeling every bit as raw and vulnerable as the boy before him.

 

A week later, Luhan personally showed up at the karaoke bar and left a hand-written letter for Leo in which he openly excused for his behavior.
About how sorry he was for making him feel cornered or disrespected.
How he would respect his wishes this time and not pester him any further.

And true to his words Luhan kept his distance, avoiding the karaoke bar for months. When he first turned up with Kris on a melancholic day in winter he was spurred on by a bit of beer but still nervous. Leo was a little startled and it was an awkward experience for both of them.
But beneath the awkward blinking and shuffling there was a ghost of a genuine smile hidden behind the question "How are you doing?".
And even though his heart twitched a bit, Luhan flashed back a smile of his own.
It would be alright.
His first real love hadn't been perfect. It had faults, sad times and was filled with lots of regrets. But there were also happy moments and he was sure he'd forever feel a tiny prick at the realization that they were not part of each other's life anymore; at least not the way they used to be, even though the remnants would always be there.
Yes, it would be alright, Luhan vowed to himself.
I will do everything to make my next love one without regrets.

 


 

[3:30]
From: TaoTao
Today another loser gave me the ' on the beach' joke.
I swear to god, if I'll hear this pick-up line ONE more time I'll wushu their .
How in the world would anyone think it's a good idea to name a drink wet fantasy??

Luhan chuckled and resisted the urge to ask him whether it tasted like Tao himself as he typed back.

[3:31]
To: TaoTao
Ikr?
So obscene! D:
Who would laugh at this sort of thing! Outrageous!

 



...A short chapter in between all the holidays~
You still remember precious Leo(of Vixx), Chanyeol's quiet co-worker?
I know he's more of the deadly sort but he actually was in love with Luhan. If any other person would have dared embarrassing him like this you could be sure he'd hit them into the next universe.
This was my first time ever writing a breakup scene(even though it was a rather light-hearted setting). Overall this chapter was a little difficult and I hope you don't mind the overall mess >_<
Greetings to cc_kouga who suggested Luhan and Chansoo6336 who mentioned the song 'I really like you'!

I hope you had(are having) an awesome Christmas celebration! :D

Lots of love from Germany to all the countries blessed with actual Christmas weather instead of cozy 17 degrees~
Sugar-and-Salt

P.S.: I do think that Luhan's 100% macho. Side-effect of the cute looks.
P.P.S.: For all of you who don't know anything about Leo, let me give you a brief description:
Leo does not talk. He does not smile. And he most certainly won't do any embarrassing idol-bull.
He's basically a little ball off shyness and fluff, only opening up for little kids and fluffy animals. With an amazing voice.