First Date

We Met Online

'Ugh! This is hopeless!' Taemin threw down a shirt he planned on wearing for his first date with Key and sadly, not one of his shirts felt right. His room was covered in every possible piece of clothing he had, strewn all over his bed and the floor. He knew maybe the only person that would be able to help him would be Key but, he wanted to dress nice and surprise him. 'I need professional help whether I like it or not.' Taemin picked up his phone and did what he to, dialling Keys number glad they had exchanged digits the night before. 'Ok...please pick up.' He waited for about three rings before Key answered saying, 'Well hello Taemin.' The boy smiled and choose his words carefully, 'Hello hyung...are you busy?' Oh yeah, good opening line you schmuck! He thought bitterly to himself, Key just giggled and said, 'Just having a bath right now. Are you ok?' Taemin had to cover his mouth to hide a giggle, as he had mental image of Key in a huge tub, surrounded by bubbles. 'I'm ok. I was just calling to ask you a question. What would you say to someone who say, had a hot date tonight and wanted to look good?' He could hear soft music on the other end of the line and the Key said, 'Well, first off I'd say, said person could show up in in pjs and still look y.' Taemin was really glad they were talking over the phone, as his face was bright red. 'But then again, if this person wants to look good I'd go for something simple. All black maybe.' Taemin nodded and said, 'Thanks I'll...I mean thank you, for the advice.' He heard water sloshing about and then Key said, 'Anytime. Hold on, I'll put you on speaker.' Taemin sat up,on his bed and said, 'Why do I need to be on speaker?' He heard Key chuckle and he said, 'Well I can hardly dry myself with one hand can I?' Taemin got a whole different sort of mental image in his head after hearing that. He decided he better change the subject and said, 'So um, what are you wearing?' Key was quiet for a few seconds and then when he did speak his voice was a little husky, 'A towel...' Taemin had to cover his mouth again as a full on giggle fit was about to escape his lips, 'I meant tonight. But thank you for that lovely picture.' He heard the older giggle and then he said, 'Well, I'd better get going then...' Taemin still smiling like a love struck teenager and said, 'Alright then hang up.' Yes, a stupid age old game to play but he was all giddy with excitement when Key went, 'You hang up.' The younger pet out a little giggle and went, 'Ok we both hang up together. Count of three...' 

'One...' 

'Two...three!' 

Taemin waited for two seconds and then Key said he guessed meaning to sound annoyed but, he only sounded amused, 'You didn't hang up!' Taemin burst out laughing and went, 'Well you didn't either!' They both laughed at their own silliness and the  Key said, 'Alright you little monkey, enough games. I do need to get going...see you tonight?' Taemin who was still giggling said, 'Yes see you tonight...' They both hung up for real this time and then Taemin got up off his bed and picked up his best black shirt and jeans. 'Time to get ready...' 

He went to the bathroom, showered and put on a face mask that he bought the day before, feeling really good about himself. As he sat in front of his mirror putting on some light make up his door buzzed and he quickly went to answer it as he had a feeling who it was. 'Hey hyung! Come on up!' He let his brother in as he HD said he wanted to come by to borrow a video game. Minho walked in and took one look at Taemin, hair all styled, wearing all black and even wearing some make up. 'Wow...you look....different.' Taemin stood tall and said, 'Good different?' Minho slowly gave his brother the once over and said, 'Are you really wearing make up?' Taemin felt his cheeks flush and he said, 'Just a little bit. Key says that it's not just for girls. Men can wear it too.' Minho got that annoyed look on his face and he went, 'You talk different now too.' Taemin folded his arms feeling a bit annoyed at his brothers words and he said, 'What is that supposed to mean?' Minho looked down getting that dumb jock look on his face, like when he has to talk about something he doesn't like or understand. 'I only mean since you've met him you've...changed. A lot.' Taemin was getting even more annoyed now, as he was almost late and his brother was working his last nerve. 'What? Because I take more pride in myself now? That's I'm not your kid brother who used to follow on your every word? I'm growing up Mimho you better do the same!' With that, he grabbed his jacket and headed in out, not caring if his brother had anymore to say. 

Key was really proud of himself. Not only did he manage to get all the food he needed, but he also was able to get some new clothes. He was wearing a simple outfit himself, dark blue shirt with a few buttons open, dark jeans and boots. His hair was slicked back and he and his make up done to perfection. He was so tempted to take a good selfie and send it to Taemin letting him know what was waiting for him but he kept himself from doing it. He wanted to surprise the boy when he came by...tonight was going to be good.