Are You Serious?

We Met Online

Taemin enjoyed being a student again. It was fun getting to know new people and the parties were certainly ones to remember. But as of now he was in front of his laptop trying to work on an assignment for his English class was not something he planned doing on a Friday but it was due Monday. Ugh. He rubbed his eyes and then there was a knock on his door and he found himself happy he was getting a distraction. 'Taemin you in there?' He went to the door and there was his brother with his boyfriend looking very happy with themselves. 'Good morning Minho.' His brother hugged him and Jonghyun ruffled his hair then they both plopped themselves on Taemins messy bed. 'Is there a reason why you two are here?' The two older men looked at each other like they were hiding a secret and Taemin went, 'Oh dear...someone in trouble hyung?' He playfully patted Jonghyuns stomach and the man batted his hand away and went,  'Hush up you naughty boy! We came here to help you.' Taemin sat down and looked at them both trying to figure them out but to no avail so he said, 'Well hurry up then I was working!' His brother just rolled his eyes and went, 'Fine hand me your laptop.' Taemin did as he was told and Minho narrowed his eyes at what was his assignment and went, 'Send this to me before you send this to your teacher ok?' Taemin nodded and then his brother started tapping on his computer and said, 'How's the dating life going Taemin?' Now Taemin had heard that question way too often and had to hold in a retort but he knew his brothers heart was in the right place. He had been dating someone when he first started college getting his masters but after Kai moved away the long distance thing wasn't something he wanted to do so he broke it off. He smiled at his brother and said, 'You know I'm not dating right now. Truth is I haven't found anyone.' Which wasn't a lie really, Taemin was pretty picky when it came to who he wanted to date. Jonghyun who was still smiling looking so happy said, 'There is this website we found that we think you might like. It was set up by some of the older students in our class. Here show him!' Taemin wasn't too sure he wanted to see it and when his brother showed what was on his screen he rolled his eyes. 'Online dating?! For real you can't be serious?!' The two older men sat beside him at his desk and said, 'Now just try it!' 'It's how we met you remember?' Taemin held up his hands and went, 'Oh my god shut up!' The two men closed their mouths and the younger stood up and he said, 'If I do this...you two better not be stalking me every five minutes asking questions. I do this alone ok?' His brother and Jonghyun out their hands over their hearts and went, 'We promise!' Eventually he shooed them out and sat at his computer looking at the website his brother pulled up. It was like a social media site where you created your own profile and put up pictures and talked to people who liked your profile. The more likes you got, the more people were interested. Seemed all simple enough so Taemin started answering the questions and created his profile under the name 'Pretty Boy' which seemed pretty arrogant but hey it was true. You stayed annonomous on here as it was just safer as you didn't know who you were dealing with online. Sure people saw your photo but unless someone asked you, you did not give out your name. He even noticed he could connect to his phone so whoever he was talking to he could do so as he was out and about. He finished making his profile and just waited around to see if anyone would like his profile. Half an hour later there was nothing and he just sighed and opened another tab and played some Minecraft. 

Key wasn't looking for much as he scrolled through the dating site on his phone his two dogs by his feet playing with each other. 'Looks like Daddy won't get much today...' He kept scrolling and then he stopped because he saw something. 'Pretty Boy?' He tapped on the dudes profile and he was pretty. He looked at a photo of a really cute younger boy with messy blond hair and an adorable eyesmile his lips pink and soft looking. Key smiled and clicked the like button and said, 'I take that back kids...I found what I wanted.' He figured he may as well try and see if the kid was online and sent him a message: 

'Hey cutie 😉' 

He left the message there for a bit waiting to see if the kid would respond and after about a minute he did write back: 

'Hello. ☺️ Nice to finally meet someone.' 

Key giggled and thought this kid really was a sweetheart and quickly typed a message back, 

'You're new to this right?' 

'How can you tell? 😂' 

'Well no one on here is as polite as you are. But you're cute so you can get away with it.' 

'😆😆 thank you. So is this the part where we share secrets and y photos?' 

'Oh hold on there pretty boy. The Fox doesn't give it all away for free.' 

'The Fox? 😂😂' 

'Yes. People say I look like one. And now that I think of it it's pretty damn true.' 

'Oh really? Someone thinks a lot of themselves.' 

'Coming from someone who's name is Pretty Boy. good bye...'