07 ; COMPLICATED.

My Kitten Taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

– 07: COMPLICATED –
song: sistar - lead me

 

I was staring blankly at the screen of my laptop, actually trying to get my homework done but I couldn’t get my thoughts off the moment Taehyung just hugged me while there was just the fabric of my towel between us and. Oh. My. God. Just stop already. 

 

I hit my head twice with my palm, trying to get myself back to reality. Don’t think about it. Inhale. Exhale. Professor Han will kill you if you don’t hand this thing in by tomorrow. Good thing that I was quite capable of writing essays fourteen hours before the deadline. 

 

The library was completely quiet except of the random muttering coming from the group project corner which I tried to ignore. But Hyeran was just so unbearably loud, I had the urge to shut her up by throwing a brick at her. 

 

“So you don’t really know anything about IT?” she questioned Taehyung while I kept a wary eye on them, trying to act cool while typing nonsense on my Pages document. 

 

“Uh, not really, I guess I just had a lot of luck when I got accepted here.” What a great liar he was. Was he getting that from me? I squinted.

 

“Aw, you’re really cute,” Hyeran exclaimed loudly, making not only me but also others look at her in irritation. Then, she reached over the table and squished Taehyung’s cheeks with both hands. 

 

Nope. I digged in my backpack to find my ear buds. Nope. I plugged them in and started playing the some 2NE1 songs. Oh, ‘I Hate You’ fits nicely at the moment.

 

 

* * *

 

 

“Hyeran called me cute today,” Taehyung said happily as we entered my apartment, grinning from ear to ear. 

 

I rolled my eyes when he didn’t look and answered in a slightly annoyed tone, “well, that’s good for her.”

 

Seemingly not sensing the irony, he just continued. “She squished my cheeks. It felt really nice.”

 

Taehyung rubbed his cheeks in front of me and I just shoved him out of my way, having the strange urge to smash something at that very moment. Instead, I just flopped myself onto my couch, turning on the tv, almost aggressively switching from one channel to the other. 

 

“You seem annoyed.”

 

Oh really. I held my breath and bit my tongue to keep quiet.

 

“Has Jimin texted you yet?”

 

“Yes.” I didn’t continue because– Just because.

 

“Hyeran told me that we will have to dance at the ball,” Taehyung slowly said as he sat down next to me in safe distance. “She said that she could teach me but…”

But? I waited for his answer before switching the channel again, on some live music broadcasting channel. “Taeyeon!” I gasped as I saw her dancing to their song ‘Party’, not really caring that I interrupted his sentence.

 

Taehyung was probably startled at my sudden cheerful reacting because he just stared at the tv screen in awe for a couple of minutes until SNSD’s performance was over and I returned to my grumpy state again.

 

“I thought instead of her teaching me, you could.”

 

“I can what?” I asked absent-mindedly as some boy group called Bangtan Boys came on, before switching again. 

 

“Can you teach me how to dance?”

 

For the first time since we entered this apartment, I looked at him, rather in disbelief. Why should I teach him something if he was going to use it on Hyeran? “And why exactly should I do that?” 

 

“Because you also saved me,” Taehyung replied calmly before moving closer to me.

 

“That’s different,” I bluntly gave back before sliding to the other end of the couch. 

 

“Please.” He suddenly placed his hand on top of my freezing one and looked at me intently. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter