10 ; PROBLEM.

My Kitten Taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

– 10: PROBLEM –

song: bangtan boys - blanket kick (embarrassed)

 

I was holding his face in both of my hands, unable to do anything else than to look at him.

 

“Let’s get him to a hospital,” Jin suggested and already reached for his phone.

 

“No!” I almost shouted at him, making him jump slightly. Quickly, I came up with an explanation. “His dad is a doctor, I’ll just bring him home.”

 

What if people found out he was a catboy? What would they do to him then? My heart ached.

 

“I’ll help you.” Jimin suddenly appeared at my side and pulled the unconscious Taehyung from the ground before taking the latter on his back. “Just– take care of Jiyoung.”

 

I nodded quickly and took the small girl’s hand, looking at her with a forced smile. But she smiled back genuinely before squeezing my hand with her tiny fingers.

 

“He’ll be okay, Jimin oppa said that,” Jiyoung reassured me.

 

“He will,” I hoped. 

 

 

* * *

 

 

“Just go,” I said with a smile as I shooed Jimin and his sister out of the train. He had insisted to bring Taehyung home, like, home home, but I waved him off and told him that he couldn’t be late for the family meetup. 

 

So I was with Taehyung alone, dragging him through the snowy streets all the way back to my apartment. How can a cat be so heavy? I carefully sat him down next to the entrance while looking for the keys. He looked strangely peaceful. Even though he was melting away the snow beneath his . 

 

“Ugh,” was the sound I made when I heaved him upstairs, into my apartment, and onto my bed. “Oh my god.”

 

I was so tired. Every single muscle in my body was aching because of him. 

 

“Because of you,” I said and poked his cheek with a frown before tying my hair into a bun. “Let’s get you healthy again.”

 

First, I removed his clothes and dragged him to the bathroom, letting him sit in the corner of the shower as I washed him. By now, it didn’t even feel strange to wash a man with my own hands. Even though Taehyung was fully able to do it himself. 

 

“You should be quiet like this more often,” I sighed as I towelled him before dressing him into his pyjamas and tucking him into my bed. “It’s less tiring.”

 

I was kinda lying at myself because I was still denying the fact that I liked it when he annoyed me. He annoyed me all the time with his silly questions and I grew to like it. Stop. 

 

Grabbing all the big towels I had, I wrapped myself into a burrito and sat next to him on the bed as I occasionally changed the wet cloth on his forehead. Was he sick? He must be sick. Why though?

 

After a while, I found myself always fixing his bangs and I needed to tell myself to stop. Are you his mom or something? God.

“Where is your mom though, Taehyung?” 

 

I never asked him that before. Did he have any memories of the time before I found him? We never talked about it. He never mentioned it. Am I selfish? I creased my forehead as I went through the list of questions I forgot him to ask when he just learnt to speak. Normal people introduce themselves. I basically wrestled him to the ground, definitely leaves an impression. 

 

Did he have a name before I gave him one? I gasped. I felt like a person without a heart. Maybe he had a life before I found him, maybe I just disrupted the whole thing?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter