04 ; COLD.

My Kitten Taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

– 04: COLD –
song: hyorin - a little closer

 

When his lips latched onto the fabric covering my , I just screamed. Screamed my head off, at the top of my lungs, screaming while flailing and literally kicking him out of my bed. He landed rather inelegantly on the floor, not really realizing what happened.

 

“Why are you screaming?” Taehyung said and blinked at me sleepily, rubbing his head, probably where he hit the ground. “God.”

 

He starts saying ‘God’ too. Stop copying me, Taehyung. I had my arms crossed over my chest, my blanket wrapped tightly around myself as I watched him in horror. Well, at least I wasn’t sleepy anymore.

 

“I don’t have milk for you,” I said slowly and tried to calm my nerves. “No. Milk.”

 

Taehyung looked at me with a saddened expression and it was just now that I noticed that his cat ears– were gone. Nothing left. His tail– not there either.

 

Forgetting about the whole incident, I climbed out of my bed and sat right in front of him, running my hands through his hair like a monkey in search of lice. Taehyung closed his eyes and leant into my touch, mistaking it as a as he started to purr. 

 

“Where are your ears?” I asked and withdrew my hand, his head automatically following it. 

 

“They disappear when I spend enough time in my human form,” he answered and tried to rub his head into my face but, taking both of my hands, I held his face and kept it at safe distance. 

 

“Time for uni.” 

 

 

* * *

 

 

Fortunately, there was only a dress code for the very first week of university, so Taehyung didn’t had to worry about that. We took the metro to central Seoul and got off near the university, just a few blocks away. 

 

“What do I do?” Taehyung asked as he followed me at every turn. 

 

“You’ll just sit there and learn. Nothing special.” I made him major in IT as well, so I could keep an eye on him. Who knew what would happen if I left him alone. The last thing I wanted was a Taehyung running around and random people’s faces.

 

 

“Park Seyoung!” I heard someone call as soon as we both entered the campus. 

 

Hyeri ran around the corner and greeted me with an all-tooth smile, pulling me into a bone-crushing hug. “I missed you.” 

 

I felt that she had noticed Taehyung by now because she let go of me a little to quickly to bow at him. “My name is Lee Hyeri.”

 

My eyes watched Taehyung’s reaction carefully. We had been going through this the whole morning. “Kim Taehyung. I’m the exchange student from Busan.”

 

“Busan–” Hyeri gave me a suggestive look but I just looked at her in slight confusion. “Anyway, you’re majoring in?”

 

“IT,” Taehyung smiled.

 

“So like Seyoung here.” Hyeri gave me a pat on the shoulder before sighing. “Anyway, I have to go to my perfoming arts lecture now. See you at lunch, Seyoung? Taehyung?” She sent him a last smile before zooming off.

 

 

* * *

 

 

“Please welcome our new student, Kim Taehyung,” Professor Han said and everyone clapped their hands. I looked at him, his body, his face, his fluffy hair, everything. God– Oh my god, stop. 

 

“I’ll need someone to show him around the university campus after the lesson, volunteers?” 

 

I rose my hand but the girls sitting in front of me did so too. “He’s so handsome.” Giggle. I almost choked.

 

I was almost standing, waving my hand, trying to get Professor Han’s attention. Me, me, me. Please. Me.

 

“Ah, I see, so Hyeran, you and your friends want to show him around?” 

 

No! “Yes!” F––––-– okay. Calm down. Breathe. In. Out. 

 

“So, since that is clear, the only place that is left is the one next to Seyoung. She’s the one with the gray jacket.” Professor Han pointed at me and motioned Taehyung to walk up the stairs into my direction. As he passed Hyeran, Dami and Ahri sitting in front of me, I almost saw them faint and I couldn’t help but– glare.

 

The lesson passed slowly but I managed to keep up. Almost at the end of it, Taehyung passed me a note, a piece of paper ripped from a notebook I had given to him this morning. On it, there was his messy, trembling handwriting, which said, are you jeluhs? 

 

I furrowed my eyebrows at the writing but Taehyung pointed at the girls in front of us. Jealou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter