03 ; MILK.

My Kitten Taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

– 03: MILK – 
song: fx - shadow

 

Taehyung buried his nose in the crook of my neck, leaving me frozen as his purr drowned the sounds of the tv. His warmth almost suffocated me as his cat ears twitched against my face. 

 

“Tae–” I squeezed out and pushed him away, resulting in him landing with a ‘plop’ on the ground. 

 

“Don’t you like it?” Taehyung tilted his head in question as he looked at me with a puzzled expression. “I thought humans express their affection through physical contact as well?”

 

How the words just rolled off his lips as they were nothing– How he spoke with so much ease and how flawless his pronunciation was. I have to be the character of a manga.

 

“Well, yes, they do– but, yeah, well–” I stammered and fortunately, the ringing of my phone saved me from an even more awkward conversation. “Wait.” I rummaged around the blanket but it was Taehyung who gave me my cellphone, a broad grin plastered across his face. 

 

Still eyeing him in suspicion, I took the phone before picking up. “Yura?”


“Hey Seyoung, just wanted to know if you want to come a little earlier today? We still need some help here to prepare for the party.” Her voice lowered as she added, “Jimin’s here too.”

 

My heart lit up as I heard his name but I remembered that I needed to sound casual. “Oh, alright, I will come and help you guys then.”

 

“Who is it,” Taehyung said with a surprisingly loud voice. “Is it the friend you called before you found me?”

 

I gaped at his remark and just motioned him to be silent by putting my finger in front of my mouth. 

 

“Who was that?” Yura asked in confusion, “was that a guy I heard? I thought you had a crush on–”

 

“Yeah, I still do. It was nothing, just the tv,” I quickly lied and watched Taehyung’s expression that remained neutral.

 

“Alright, see you then, Se!” She hung up before I could answer and I just looked at Taehyung. 

 

“You can’t just say something when I’m on the phone.” I tried to emphasize my words by putting in a more serious tone. 

 

“Am I your…” he was searching for the right word, “secret?”

 

I thought about it for a moment before nodding my head. “For now, yes, you are my secret.”

 

“Does that mean I have to stay here?” Taehyung looked around my apartment and made a sad face. It was adorable how he sulked in front of me. 

 

“Yeah, I guess so.” 

 

 

* * *

 

 

Everyone wore the navy sweatshirts with the emblem of our university, rushing around the get the things done. Soon after, the freshers arrived, looking like little lost babies as they shuffled around. I gave my best to make them feel better, chatted her and there, making a couple of new friends. 

 

In the corner of my eyes, I always watched Jimin, how gorgeous he looked as he shook the freshers’ hands and handed new sweatshirts to each of them. But there was really no time to talk to him during the whole day. Nevertheless, I enjoyed my time. Tomorrow was monday and monday means university, unfortunately. Lots of work was coming.

 

 

* * *

 

 

“I’m home!” I shouted as I opened the door to my apartment, brushing the fresh snow from my jacket as I took it off. Kicking my shoes off my feet, I shuffled into the still freezing apartment, instinctively turning on the tv which was surprisingly not .

 

“Tae?” I called and entered my bedroom as I couldn’t find him anywhere.

 

“Mao.” 

 

I hesitated as I heard the familiar high-pitched sound filling the my room. “Taehyung?”

 

Something soft bumped against my shin and as I looked down, I met gazes with the soft, cute kitten I found in front of my apar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter