09 ; WEAK.

My Kitten Taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

– 09: WEAK –

song: iu - knee

 

His eyes never left mine as we floated across the room, not missing any beat. The way my hand was settled in his, how his thumb was placed on the back of m hand– everything felt safe. I haven’t felt this way in a long time. 

 

There was a soft smile gracing his lips and he gently led me into a new direction. It was different from Taehyung. Even though Taehyung didn’t pull, he lead instinctively. Jimin, on the other hand, made me feel as if we were connected. One.

 

 

Before I could realize myself, the clock was striking 2am and Jimin ended the last dance elegantly. 

 

“It was nice dancing with you, Seyoungie.” He sent me the softest smile anyone ever did for me before lifting his hand and tucking a messy strand of hair behind my left ear. 

 

My cheeks were slowly beginning to burn as I noticed Jimin staring at me and I quickly looked away, suddenly feeling incredibly weak in front of him. 

 

“Do you mind if I bring you home?” 

 

I slowly rose my eyes again, shaking my head. “Not at all.” What about Taehyung? I let my gaze wander but couldn’t find him anywhere among the crowd. He’ll find his way home. 

 

 

Jimin gave me his coat after saying goodbye to his friends and led me outside into the cold. The wind punched my face bitterly and it seemed as if it was even colder than usual. He put an arm around my shoulders and squinted his eyes against the night. 

 

“Let’s go to the metro soon before we become some icebergs or something,” he laughed, making me join. 

 

 

On the way home, Jimin always managed to make laugh at the most random things and no matter how much I wanted to deny it, I didn’t want him to leave as we were standing in the little snowy alleyway of my apartment.

 

“Thanks for everything, Jimin,” I finally said and overcame my awkwardness. 

 

“Thank you for dancing with me tonight,” Jimin replied with a smile and nudged my arm playfully.

 

“Maybe we can meet again?” 

 

I was holding my breath as I waited for his answer, looking at him intently. Obviously surprised, there was an almost unnoticeable hesitation before Jimin nodded his head.

 

“Alright, but I’ll be visiting my sister this weekend. Tuesday, maybe?”

 

The relief flooded my veins like pure happiness. “Sure!” I almost screeched and before I could do anything more embarrassing, he pulled me into a tight goodbye hug, patting my head afterwards.

 

“Goodnight, Seyoungie.”

 

“Goodnight.”

 

I was pretending to look for my keys when in reality I was watching his silhouette disappear in the darkness of the night, along with a soft hum of his. My heart was pounding fast against my ribcage and I almost screamed in happiness but managed to hold it in. 

 

Tuesday. 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter