16 ; FAST.

My Kitten Taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

– 16: FAST –

song: park shinhye - arm pillow

 

Taehyung was grinning like a complete idiot as he came over from the victory ceremony, holding a gold medal in one hand, a trophy in the other. Thanks to him, the IT students went down in sports history for the very first time because we actually won. I don’t even know how he did that.

 

“Look how shiny it is,” he said as he kneeled next to me, shoving his medal into my hands. “That’s for you.”

 

I had to purse my lips to keep myself from laughing. “No, medals are for winners. You’re the winner,” I told him and put it around his neck, making him smile even wider.

 

“Miss, you should definitely go to the doctor’s now. I can also drive you to the hospital,” the paramedic came and helped me to get up before suddenly carrying me princess-style. 

 

How embarrassing. I felt my blood shooting into my cheeks as I was carried like a too big baby across the track, outside to the ambulance. The guy easily placed me on the gurney and checked the bandage again.

 

“You stay here, I’ll be in the front,” he explained but as he was about to close the doors, I almost screamed.

 

“Wait!” The paramedic jumped in shock and pulled open the doors again. “I need that guy to come with me.”

 

“That guy–” Just in that very moment, Taehyung ran past him and got into the van with just a single leap.

 

“Oh, you should’ve told me that he’s your boyfriend,” the guy said with a grin, closing the door before I could explain anything.

 

“Boyfriend?” Taehyung echoed and sat down next to me, looking at me with big, unknowing eyes.

 

“No.” I just said and laid down completely onto the little cot. 

 

 

“That’s be 150,000 Won for the crutches,” the doctor said and held a bill in front of me but I just choked.

 

“Uh, no, that must be a mistake, I don’t have 150,000 Won at the moment,” I tried to laugh the fact that I was poor off.

 

The old man raised a greyed eyebrow at me before holding the piece of paper closer to my face. “No, it’s that expensive because you don’t have any insurance, Miss Park.”

 

No insurance? But I thought I was under mom and dad– wait. No, they dropped me out of it. Wow, thanks. “I’ll just go without crutches then,” I whispered before getting up and clutching onto every kind of furniture that could serve as crutch on my way out of the door. 

 

“Are you sure, Miss,” the doctor called after me but I was already out of the room. 

 

My eyes wandered along the white hallways before spotting Taehyung sleeping in sitting position on one of the chairs in front of the room. He must be tired. As I tried holding onto the wall, I carefully limped over to him and plopped down next to him, releasing a sigh as I could finally stretch out my leg. Just in that moment, Taehyung woke up and rubbed his eyes before looking at me. 

 

“Does it hurt a lot?” he asked in a genuine tone that I would interpret as worried. If cats can do that.

 

I just shrugged, trying to play it off. “Nah, just hurts a little when I walk.” 

 

Taehyung got up and held out his hands for me as well, so I took them and pulled myself up. But the sudden shift of weight pained my ankle and I almost ended up falling to the ground if it wasn’t for Taehyung who held my waist firmly in both of his hands. Awkward.

 

“I–” I gulped before trying to pry his hands off me. “It’s okay, I can walk.” 

 

Taehyung let go one hand but rested one with curled fingers around my arm as I tried to limp a few steps, biting the inner of my cheek to distract myself from the pain.

 

“Seyoung, I can help you,” he suddenly said and stepped in front of me, blocking my way. 

 

“Taehyung, really, I’m fine,” I insisted and tried to shove him away but was obviously physically not able to.

 

“You didn’t let me help you once and it resulted in you falling over because you were full of soju,” he said and then turned his back to me, crouching on the ground. “Come.”

 

“What.” I eyed him how he offered me to piggyback ride him and then I thought about my horrible ankle and about all the pain. “Fine.”

 

I let out an annoyed sigh and I got onto him, wrapping my arms around his neck as I felt his hands on the u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter