06 ; CUDDLY.

My Kitten Taehyung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

– 06: CUDDLY –
song: bangtan boys - look here

 

“Have you asked Jimin yet?” Yura asked as she looked at me intently, poking me with her chopsticks as I didn’t respond. 

 

I was busy looking at Taehyung who was sitting with Hyeran at one table, obviously having a lot of fun with her by the way he goofed around with her. He even patted her head with his hand, making her giggle. 

 

“Dude, you’re crushing your chopsticks again,” Yura said and snapped her fingers in front of my face. “What’s up with you. You’re always looking at the hot Busan student and forgetting about the real Busan student you like.”

 

Hot Busan student, tsk. “I’m not forgetting about Jimin,” I murmured and ate some of the rice, seemingly having lost my appetite. 

 

“Then ask him to be your date for the ball,” Yura simply said and leant back with crossed arms and a sly smile gracing her lips.

 

“I–” I breathed and almost died out of embarrassment at the thought, “Do you have a date yet?”

 

“Duh. Hongbin asked me out,” my friend winked and pointed at Jimin’s table. “If you don’t ask him out, I will.”

 

I looked at my food for a moment before squeezing my eyes shut. “Alright, I’ll ask him after school.”

 

 

* * *

 

 

I felt like dying as I was waiting at the gate for Jimin to come by. It was so incredibly cold today and even if Taehyung served me as blanket yesterday night again, I had the feeling my hair was full of icicles from my breath.

 

“Jimin,” I weakly called out as I spotted his red beanie from afar. 

 

He showed me his kindest smile as he jogged over, stopping right in front of me. “Thank you for coming yesterday, Seyoung. I saw you in the crowd.”

 

“You did?” Blood was rushing into my cheeks and I felt like exploding out of excitement. “I didn’t know.”

 

Jimin looked at me with an raised eyebrows as if he was waiting for something and I snapped out of my dreamy state. I must have gawked at him… he’s just so beautiful.

 

“For Friday– the ball– I–” I couldn’t even form intelligible sentences in his presence. Why am I doing this?

 

“Let’s go together,” Jimin said eventually and emitted a warm laughter. 

 

“What?” was all I managed as I stared at him in disbelief.

 

Suddenly, Jimin cupped my face with both of his hands and smiled at me. “Let me be your date.”

 

He was so close I could smell his cologne and his breath on my face. “S–Sure.”

 

Jimin smiled in satisfaction before leaning in and pressing a kiss on my forehead. “Thanks, Seyoung.”

 

He looked at me for another moment before fixing his backpack. “But I gotta go now. See you tomorrow at lunch, maybe?”

 

“Y–Yeah,” I replied and watched him running to the bus stop as his black backpack bounced on his back.

 

Did he really just kiss my forehead? I felt my cheeks burning at the thought and tried to cool them down by resting my cold palms against them. Inhale. Exhale. Slowly.

 

“Date?” Taehyung’s voice boomed out of nowhere, making me jump a little. 

 

I just looked at him with furrowed eyebrows before gesturing him to go home with me now. “Yes, a date.”

 

“It’s funny because Hyeran asked me to be her date too.”

 

Stopping dead in my tracks, I grabbed his arm to make him look at me. “What did you say?”

 

“I said yes,” he answered casually and dragged me with him. “Why?”

 

I bit my lower lip and felt a strange boiling in my chest. Something about this was strange. “Nothing.”

 

 

* * *

 

 

“I used it all up.”

 

“You did what? We gave you a lot of money before going to Malibu, dear.” My mom sighed on the other end of the line and I heard her slurping some drink. 

 

“But things happened,” I tried to explain as vaguely as possible.

 

“Child, are you pregnant?” I heard my dad call from further away before laughing wholeheartedly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter